Base + Grenades = destruction

I believe everyone knows the ''Threw wrong grenade, nuked 20 people at the arsenal box'' history. Im sure 60% or more of our community on Eu3 did something like that at least once, i myself have seen few ''Veterans'' do that by a mistake. 
I see a lot of people being banned for that, and as i understand it is a teamkill, im sure its not intentional. 

What i would propose is putting in a script, if possible. That deletes all grenades thrown in base, i know Xeno's Domination Gamemode in Arma2 ( im really sorry if anyone finds this as advertising, admins, remove the post if it is so) 
Back to topic, Arma 2 Domi gamemode had a script that would remove any grenades thrown in the base.

To anyone coming up with chemlights in night, i don't think it is really necessary to have colored lights thrown to find arsenal box, as we spawn with nvg's.  
I have no problem with using them in the AO, sometimes it's a good way to mark stuff with a chemlight, but in base, unnecessary.

I&A has that, but we really don`t need that on EU3 do we? Self control should be enough.

I`ve done it myself, but it was while login in as admin and chat decided to close, nothing I could have done there. But pressing G to throw a chemlight and then throwing a nade instead is a conscious decission and is/will be punished. We all know for a long time you open your inventory with I and not G.

How to avoid weapon discharge 101: 

Step 1: Remove magazine from weapon

Step 2: Put weapon on safety

Step 3: Place weapon on back

How to avoid lethal grenade throwing mistakes 101:

Step 1: Switch to smoke grenades or chemlights to avoid throwing something that could kill

Step 1 (Optional): Don't have lethal weaponry on you within a military base and gear up upon mission greenlight

Simple as f*ck

The best of us have still accidentally thrown a live grenade when they wanted to throw a chemlight; which is why I usually tell people to just not throw anything in base. There's no need for it.

Avoiding accidental discharge is easy, simply keep your weapon lowered, and keep your finger off the trigger, that is, keep your finger off the mouse button.

Three weeks ago I dropped grenade (instead of colored smoke) in AO near teammates, I yelled grenade, everyone took ground, I jumped on grenade and went prone on it. I wonder why I haven't died instantly. In base, tbh I can't recall throwing anything near arsenal box. I use only concussion grenades.

G is for gear! Doesn't apply to me since I haven't played Arma2.

I don't feel obligated of throwing chem lights, flares or else self-illuminating objects inside base. When accessing arsenal there is "N" button if It is too dark to check 3d vision of loadout or just play in 1st person.

Uppon close inspection, while in arsenal, arsenal will always go in 3rd person. Oh, I don't know how I've missed this one.

Plant

Edited by Plant1ing

It happened to me recently (Plant1ng remembers) after 10min of boat travel on Altis... I never felt that sorry.

But after that incident, I chose to rebind my keys to ''G'' for ''Cycle Throw Items'' and ''CTRL+G'' to throw instead. It makes a certain security against my tendency to make mistakes :/

Maybe my mistake can help someone else!

It's easy.

1. Put the safety on your weapons - take the mag off if that's not enough

2. Rebind your grenade key - I have it on Shift + G

3. Have a smoke selected at all times

4. Don't throw chemlights in base -> NVGs - use them

5. Don't drive a vehicle up to the arsenal and turn the lights on - you're blinding people

6. Get ready out again to go as soon as you arrive in base - then you can go chat with people

That's how you don't mess around in base. It's pretty simple.

Well no shit.... i never knew grenades killed people :D

it's usually always user error and a mistake. Shame it still happens though - but i have done the wrong thing once or twice after playing Arma 2 and coming back. 

Guest Bartlett

1 simple solution. Don't pack grenades. Unless you are grenadier then you can Hove a m203 attachment, I don't think I have ever used a frag grenade yet, if the enemy is close enough to use a grenade they are close enough to fire at accurately

if the enemy is close enough to use a grenade they are close enough to fire at accurately

Not necessarily true. They can be somewhere behind cover (behind a tree) or hidden (such as up or down a slope, out of sight), and a frag grenade fixes that. I use them, but not extensively, hence why I only carry a couple at all times unless I'm a medic.

1 simple solution. Don't pack grenades. Unless you are grenadier then you can Hove a m203 attachment, I don't think I have ever used a frag grenade yet, if the enemy is close enough to use a grenade they are close enough to fire at accurately

Do some study on grenades, it would have prevented you from posting that .... 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_grenade

http://www.toptiertactics.com/138/fire-in-the-hole/

The enemy is often far quicker and more accurate at close ranges than players. Cresting a hill and shouting out contact is plenty of time to get you killed. See an enemy, drop down, select a grenade and toss dem exploding bastards over the hill. Saved my squad many times. I find my self run out of grenades plenty of times.

Another example would be Fallujah where a squad can be found on the other side of a wall, toss a grenade over it and it solves your problem in an instant. It's better to not expose yourself to risk when it can be avoided. Something that's far too often neglected by inexperienced SL/TL's.

A fun anecdote that's not related to grenades but I still love to mention about avoiding danger. Some people follow orders a bit too consistently, though it may have been my fault. We had to clear a town down a mountain, which was a rather steep mountain. I had A2 on OW and sent in A1 to push down the mountain to assault, little did I know there was armor patrolling the road down the mountain and it instantly wiped A1... You wouldn't know how bad I felt having them told to push when it clearly wasn't scouted out well enough. The second push involving hammer putting up giant smokescreens was far more glorious and effective. Bullets and grenades flying everywhere all in a giant mist of fog screams and smoke. #EU3MOMENTS

Guest Bartlett

I don't feel the need to study it, I never carry them hence no grenade issue from me, and I find being patient tends to give you the upper hand,I was on eu3 a few hours ago and ryko will remember this as he was ASL. He flanked left and I engaged head on as we came upon enemy close from over the crest of the hill, mouldy was alpha 1 TL,there's always more than 1 way to kill the enemy, like the us marines say.... adapt and overcome, if their behind a wall then grenadier can use 203 rounds and buildings just means using our brain a bit more. Personally I prefer CQB fighting

I don't feel the need to study it, I never carry them hence no grenade issue from me, and I find being patient tends to give you the upper hand,I was on eu3 a few hours ago and ryko will remember this as he was ASL. He flanked left and I engaged head on as we came upon enemy close from over the crest of the hill, mouldy was alpha 1 TL,there's always more than 1 way to kill the enemy, like the us marines say.... adapt and overcome, if their behind a wall then grenadier can use 203 rounds and buildings just means using our brain a bit more. Personally I prefer CQB fighting. Doing house to house room clearing rather then engage from a fair distance, the times you use a grenade,I can firm stand ground and say it can be done other ways. Please don't get the wrong idea when I say this.... If you have done grenade team kills and think their may be a chance then take preventative steps.... I'm only stating that this is my preventative steps. As this is how I see my game play.I don't carry grenades as I play arma 2 story mode now and then when board so keys sometimes trip me up as on arma 2 g = gear and wrapping my head round that sometimes is mind boggling,I always carry smokes tho,so if anything the worst thing other players will suffer from is coughing in the smoke :)

Was this the night fabs played as hammer and used the smoke screen on his armor to assist in our assault down the hill if so I remember I was your medic and you had to jump in to patch yourself up

The enemy is often far quicker and more accurate at close ranges than players. Cresting a hill and shouting out contact is plenty of time to get you killed. See an enemy, drop down, select a grenade and toss dem exploding bastards over the hill. Saved my squad many times. I find my self run out of grenades plenty of times.Another example would be Fallujah where a squad can be found on the other side of a wall, toss a grenade over it and it solves your problem in an instant. It's better to not expose yourself to risk when it can be avoided. Something that's far too often neglected by inexperienced SL/TL's. A fun anecdote that's not related to grenades but I still love to mention about avoiding danger. Some people follow orders a bit too consistently, though it may have been my fault. We had to clear a town down a mountain, which was a rather steep mountain. I had A2 on OW and sent in A1 to push down the mountain to assault, little did I know there was armor patrolling the road down the mountain and it instantly wiped A1... You wouldn't know how bad I felt having them told to push when it clearly wasn't scouted out well enough. The second push involving hammer putting up giant smokescreens was far more glorious and effective. Bullets and grenades flying everywhere all in a giant mist of fog screams and smoke. #EU3MOMENTS

The problem is throwing grenade in base. So it's an accident. In a long time I haven't seen anybody throwing something inside base. The problem is only misfire which members at 1st page of this thread already answered correctly.

Shacktac's style nade is different. Imagine how complex it would be to deal on battlefield and under pressure. I don't have time switching between modes to throw grenade. It just needs to be precise.

I don't like Shacktac's trajectory help. Not realistic

I don't like when players who are first breaching also:

1. opening doors

2. throwing nades

3. going first for room clearing.

OFFTOPIC:

It should be always person behind on clear without obstacles throwing that grenade in room breaching.

There was a problem with @KaratePyjamas and myself when we were "house cleaning" (@KaratePyjamas forgot to bring sweep mop for ceramic tiles) . First I threw a grenade through opened door of base floor room. First room was cleared. Then we heard russian (we knew he wasn't civilian, he was talking something about our mommas) speaking in second room with closed door. Now, reminder you also have to picture for yourself where exactly that sound originates from. You can almost pinpoint location where is threat coming from. The problem was actually in opening door and @KaratePyjamas was behind me about 2-3 meters in first room looking on the door with gun raised. I've opened the door and glitched through door. @KaratePyjamas saw a threat in front of me and started shooting team killing me in process. I don't blame him since if he didn't first shoot me, he would be probably dead too. We took one casualty instead of two.

I've learned : keep clear of door opening and always think on which side the door will actually open.

Actually Plant1ng, it was my 'fault'. You didn't glitch on my screen (I'm not sure how ArmA deals with such glitching as you described your point of view and hit registrations, but it could be true what you are saying), I heard Russian voices and you opened the door before I was ready causing me to literally jump staring at a Russian fella from so close by, I shifted my mouse while erratically shooting without aiming down my sight to get rid of the threat. My mouse shifted to the left and I shot you pointblank down your spinalcord. It was an accident because I simply wasn't paying well enough attention, but it could easily be avoided.

Also, #gitrekt. Luv ya bro.

P.s. The Russian had his back facing towards me so it wasn't necessary to jump like I did and shoot you :/

:)  Like I've said on my screen I've glitched since door opened on my side and I went through it. I haven't even seen Russian guy so can't comment on that. So we have learned we don't need AI and Russians to eliminate us. There will always be somebody who will got you' back.

Now, I can totally imagine in my head scene of you spraying the whole room with bullets. :)