Lack of Teamwork and Communication

Primordial

I have noticed over the course of my first week of playing on the Ahoy servers (EU#1 and EU#2) that there is generally a lack of teamwork and communication between players. People not responding to other players such as getting base AA online, asking for assistance at certain locations and not notifying squad members of your plans. It is a shame to see this happen on a server which focuses on more serious gameplay (when in comparison to typical server types such as Capture the hill). I hope that teamwork and communication can be encouraged more effectively within the community in its future.

Some people who join our public server they would communicate, but there is so much crap going on in side chat most of the time that whatever is typed is ignored, which i agree is a shame...

BUT we do have a team speak that people join to be able to communicate more effectively. 

If you want more milsim isch type of teamwork then i would recommend EU3 otherwise try to get on the TS, people are usually more cooperative on the ts

What does "milsim isch" acutally mean? ive seen it a few times on the server.

Milsim stands for Military Simulator. EU3 is great for getting a lot more co-ordinated mission and communication. Definetly suggest checking it out!

http://www.ahoyworld.co.uk/topic/5235-eu3-roles-weapons/

http://www.ahoyworld.co.uk/topic/3174-install-download-the-allowed-addons-the-modded-addons/

Slowly building myself to play EU3. Might be a bit too intense for me at this second considering im still less than a week old on this server. Thank you Sir Chuck.

Unfortuetly smilley has a point, even EU3 has these problem from time to time, but yes what those above him seaid is true, there are a few veterans of the eu1/2 often on the TS, and they can definitly give you a hand at making things more fun for one.

Actualy - is there some add-on/plugin that modifies chat window?

For example MMORPGs usually allow to split chat into several tabs, so you can easily have general/squad/private in separate windows preventing vital messages beign scrolled out by more messages appearing.

Unfriendly/uncustomisable chat tool is bogging communication.

Potato squad is more or less a group of players who got tiered of the lack of communication and teamwork and thus began playing together. We're usually on TS (locked channel), but as long as there is room and you're a serious player you shouldn't have much issues getting an invite, at least not if we know your name.

If there's already too many in that group though, you may have to wait - it's almost impossible to play and communicate once the group gets too big, hence the lock on TS.

Potato squad is more or less a group of players who got tiered of the lack of communication and teamwork and thus began playing together. We're usually on TS (locked channel), but as long as there is room and you're a serious player you shouldn't have much issues getting an invite, at least not if we know your name.

If there's already too many in that group though, you may have to wait - it's almost impossible to play and communicate once the group gets too big, hence the lock on TS.

Think last time I checked, there were 16 of us in Potato Squad.

However, I do believe that teamwork on TS is definitely the way to go on EU1 and EU2, although, given the casual nature of some of the players on there, you can't really blame them if they don't use it.

I have noticed over the course of my first week of playing on the Ahoy servers (EU#1 and EU#2) that there is generally a lack of teamwork and communication between players. People not responding to other players such as getting base AA online, asking for assistance at certain locations and not notifying squad members of your plans. It is a shame to see this happen on a server which focuses on more serious gameplay (when in comparison to typical server types such as Capture the hill). I hope that teamwork and communication can be encouraged more effectively within the community in its future.

You point out something as a problem, right?

Can you also point out a solution you think is proper?

Ive been playing on this servers for over a year an it never bothered me. It happens on arma 3, same was with arma 2 domination , even sometimes with ofp dragons rising.(4player coop) and also with cold war cri

Flaspoint cold war crisis is the only game ive played so far were EVERYBODY worked together. The time were the internets was a one minded community.

play the server you like get to know the names and spot the ones that preffer team work and squad up 

thats what we did 

also keep in mind things typed in chat can get lost fast if the chat has a few players typing so asking for a base AA can be missed at times 

ahh the good old days huh Piranha that brings back some good memories 

...also keep in mind things typed in chat can get lost fast if the chat has a few players typing...

This can be remedied somewhat by stretching chatbox in configure -> game -> layout menu.

Also to add to the topic itself. I find teamplay ok for nonmoded public server with no forced TS coms rules. Also it is coop mission so it is hard to not cooperate with others to achieve common goal :).

• 2 weeks later...