*Generic CUP topic*

I really respected the decision of CUP being added due to Ryko's fair and understandable points on the CUP content over the RHS content but recently I've really had a change of heart.

I get Ryko's point of "practicality over preference" which in this case would be "performance over quality" which is very fair, its just I havent seen any benefit whatsoever over the CUP weapons and vehicles compared to what RHS has to offer. The only benefit I can really see about CUP is the pure quantity of content it has (clothing, vehicles, weapons). Keeping this in mind it might not even be considered a benefit due to most of the gear rightly not being used.

I can remember one quite important point Ryko did make about CUP being beneficial for mission making when it comes to insurgents, Takistanis etc but surely we should be focusing more on the Russians as a popular and primary foe on EU3 as they are the ONLY foe that can realistically stand up to the USA and actually make combat fun and interesting instead of bland and easy (found in easy fights such as against insurgents).

I think ive got a fairly biased opinion on this, however, because I think that we should be focusing MAINLY on the actual performance, team-play, game-play and experience of EU3 rather than constantly jumping between unnecessary mods. I think RHS should be used as the primary content mod for guns, units, clothing, vehicles etc and then throw extra mods on top of this (such as TFAX, TF47 launchers etc) to keep things interesting. This would be a better option I think than having many big, conflicting mods that just keep adding things we dont need or already have such as CUP.

I would love to be persuaded otherwise about CUP so please feel free Ryko, it just feels like its more of a preference for CUP rather than a rational or beneficial decision. If it is preference then I think it should be talked about and bounced around the EU3 community rather than dropped on us. I know its 'not a democracy' and all but using polls and such for big changes such as CUP would really help see what people want and how they would react.

This is pretty long and I dont usually like doing this so heres a M107 to keep things interesting (no RHS over CUP persuasion intended ;) ) 

post-3744-0-79319000-1457493135_thumb.jp

Fair point Johnson. I find CUP nor RHS of no interest to me at all. I run default uniform, vest and bags. For weapons i like SMA. For you as the most active MAT operator, experience may vary. The only thing I like about CUP is CH53. True that RHS has better quality vehicles. True that CUP has more quantity that reaches in diversity of vehicles that can be in mission. Since I strictly play in 1st person I see myself only when in arsenal. I don't want EU#3 to become monotone regarding atmosphere of items at our disposal. I find no solution on that matter.

Staff is rarely on EU#3. Assets of EU#3 will feel "rejected" if operated from the shadows.

@Johnson We are not allowed to use M107 so I'm kind of curious about your picture. Answer to myself: Your persuasion is not working. Perfect example.

It's easy to generalise and such about things but consider this:-

“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” - Henry Ford

Sometimes it's polite to ask, sometimes it's obligatory, but sometimes asking everyone what they want isn't for the better.

Sometimes it's polite to ask, sometimes it's obligatory, but sometimes asking everyone what they want isn't for the better.

This is not inventing a car.... 

its a mod that can be tested by anyone in pvt so everyones opinions are valid. 

Personally i like cup (bar the 16bit textures) and lets face it the aircraft carrier thats coming to valient (yeah guys it works) is pretty cool. (hope no spoilers have been given that shouldnt have been)

Johnson - there are plans afoot - keep heart.

Also, staff has not decided on a transition date, so for now, assume that date is far off.

- R

That is fair and ill do my best. Even so specific reasons for the proposed large change would possible help people agree and accept it more. Maybe even pros and cons of RHS vs CUP? I think it would really help people decide what THEY want after reviewing all the possibilities, including myself.

I love this quote Para and I think its a really valid and respectable point but I think the circumstances and ideologies are a little different. Ford set out to create a entirely new and effective idea (with an entirely new creation) while currently we are, instead, faced with a simple improvement of a excising idea with the replacement of RHS with CUP.

While both horse and car are both modes of transportation but the performance and practicality differ, RHS and CUP do the same thing very similarly unlike horse and car.

Even so I can agree with your idea of asking people what they want, but surely for a change such as this it comes down to preference over practicality as both mods are very similar in performance and implication. As far as I see it, preference should not be made by the individual, but instead by the community it effects.

@Johnson We are not allowed to use M107 so I'm kind of curious about your picture. Answer to myself: Your persuasion is not working. Perfect example.

Persuasion for the use of the M107 was not my intention, but instead the persuasion of keeping RHS. This picture was supposed to be a representation of RHS's motivation and dedication to produce quality content for their ever-rowing mod.

Furthermore to open up the idea that we wont even need any other large content mods due to the escalation of RHS (no pun intended).

I attempt to see myself as quite a practical and realistic person as im sure many others may feel the same about themselves on EU3 therefore I stick to the idea of 'dont fix what is not broken'.

RHS works well, looks good, has constant developments and a large amount of content itself (most of which just isnt used on EU3 such as Russian jets and helicopters as well as T-90s to add that extra difficulty and excitement, making the US forces actually feel like they are at war with one of the biggest and most threatening superpowers).

When life is cray cray, mass deletions and modifications to a mod is the way way.

Im working on making parts of CUP that we have use for. Ref: UK stuff and Ger stuff. I did some preliminary work on Monday and I am finishing it off today or tomorrow depending on how much The Division consumes me. But rest assured RHS isnt going anywhere ;)

When life is cray cray, mass deletions and modifications to a mod is the way way.

Im working on making parts of CUP that we have use for. Ref: UK stuff and Ger stuff. I did some preliminary work on Monday and I am finishing it off today or tomorrow depending on how much The Division consumes me. But rest assured RHS isnt going anywhere ;)

That sounds great, I really dont think all the US stuff from CUP is needed or even wanted by many so just keeping the UK and German stuff is cool.