We Will Not MilSim.

Honesty the main issue with the pilots isn't the slotting when there isn't enough ground forces etc, the main issue and anyone whose played ASL/PltCo could agree that we are constantly nagged for CAS which is specified against the rules!

We will call it when we need it!

Honesty the main issue with the pilots isn't the slotting when there isn't enough ground forces etc, the main issue and anyone whose played ASL/PltCo could agree that we are constantly nagged for CAS which is specified against the rules!

I disagree if you say no and don't give them something to do then I can see how this would be an issue (boring for them and annoying for you) but if you say get in a little bird and get us Intel on the ground forces movements and mark hostiles for us they shush up pretty quick because they have something to be doing

I disagree if you say no and don't give them something to do then I can see how this would be an issue (boring for them and annoying for you) but if you say get in a little bird and get us Intel on the ground forces movements and mark hostiles for us they shush up pretty quick because they have something to be doing

I don't disagree, but I would much rather 1 or 2 pilots are 'bored' at base or flying recon that have all of Alpha and more bored in an AO because it got nuked by an Apache. That kind of shit is for BF4.

As has been said previously, if players play for each other, you will always be considering the enjoyment of your comrades amongst your own, but this doesn't mean a small group of players (Pilots/HAT/MAT/Special Sqwuad) should have their 'needs' prioritised over others. IMO this game is about infantry, the vehicles are peripherals and have their place but first and foremost it's about infantry and team work.

I think the issue is that there isn't enough armored enemy vehicles AND at the same time we have too many ways of dealing with them - MAT/HAT/CAS and each FT usually has 1-3 AT4; and 1 decent AT4 shot is enough to disable an MBT.

In my opinion attack helicopters like Apache should not even be present for normal gauntlet. Missions aren't challenging enough to use them. On the other hand, CAS littlebird is a versatile asset that could be used for CAS, Recon and limited transport - I believe there's a variant that lets people sit on the sides, on top of rockets/miniguns. Littlebirds HE rockets can be used to limit mobility of armored targets - allowing easier shots for MAT/HAT.

Tbh... yes, when I'm the officer in command, I always do my best to ensure that all players are engaged and doing something. However, I also consider CAS and Hammer to be the sorts of elements that are to be used sparingly, and really only when you actually, properly, direly need them, and when near total loss of forces would be the result of abstaining.

I've been in plenty of CAS helicopters, just circling an AO, never getting to do anything other than recon and marking targets for the AT team. And, IMO; that's the cost of doing business when you're in the Pilot slots. If the Infantry can get by without you, they often will, and IMO should.

I've been in plenty of CAS helicopters, just circling an AO, never getting to do anything other than recon and marking targets for the AT team. And, IMO; that's the cost of doing business when you're in the Pilot slots. If the Infantry can get by without you, they often will, and IMO should.

Absolutely. I only allow CAS/Support vehicles to be weapons hot when I know the players know how to not ruin everything for infantry. Otherwise, they just call out targets until I clear them for engaging, which is usually before a huge loss of ground troops.