We Will Not MilSim.

Anyways back to rule enforcement  - we have recently increased the size of the Eu3 moderator team which is why you might see the enforcement of rules more, in my mind it's a good step and if you cant act like an adult and play by the rules on this wonderful free server (TY donators) then quite frankly you can go elsewhere.

As for the allegations of Staff misconduct how are we supposed to monitor/ rectify it if it isnt reported? I personally havent seen any as of yet, and i dont want it to happen as it negatively affects the player's/community's preception of our staff. Any allegations can be made to whoever you want - even me i'm impartial and have not been around for a bit due to work - i don't know the recent history. 

Unfounded allegations are shit stirring and TBH i support David when he says "Say something or you're stirring the pot." and if this childish "I'm not a snitch" rubbish comes out and you DO NOT WANT to help the community by reporting misconduct then you have been given the cake now eat it or go away. 

Remember if they do not want tea - do not pour it down their throats.

Alright, I'll be honest. I'm not coming forward because I fear that if I do, I'll be banned or punished for it. I'm already dealing with a ban appeal right now that's just been dealt with after I posted in this thread, after lying untouched for days (If that is simply a coincidence, that's fine). If a staff member wishes to contact me about what issues I may have, then please, do so, preferably via teamspeak. I'd LOVE to voice my concerns, and not be called a childish, immature rulebreaker, despite me not having broken any rules (as explained in my ban appeal). I'm acting as maturely as I'm able to; as I've stated previously, when I tried to organise a sit-down with core-staff in the past, via the admin team, it never occurred.

My view right now is as follows. I will state it as explicitly and truthfully as I feel comfortable doing.

• An event occurred on EU3 that has been explained completely and accurately in my ban appeal, and is apparently shown (and therefore backed up) in video evidence.
  • I was banned, without warning, and without discussion from a member of staff.
  • I posted an appeal.
  • Said appeal was left (to my knowledge) without result, for three days - nearly half of the ban period.
  • I was informed that it had been discussed, and that my previous unresolved ban and it's appeal were taken into account also.
  • I posted in this thread with nothing but the intent to help improve the methods of AW's operation, including the punishment process. 
  • My appeal was denied. I am unable to respond to this denial, or request further information as to why it was denied, due to the appeals process.

Now, I know we can't all be perfect players and robots all the time. People slip up, people are humans. But if a player who has provided an accurate account of events is effectively ignored on what would appear to amount to a misunderstanding, or even a technicality in a rule, while others are simply warned for similar circumstances, and staff members are also possibly involved in either rule breaking, inciting the breaking of rules, or simply just goofing about, I see an issue.

Again: Everything I say is aimed to help improve the experience of AW for all. I have previously been asked if I have had a negative experience, responded in kind, and was referred onwards. I have now had another negative experience, and I'd like us to be able to learn from it.

In response to Zaks initial point and most likely the reason this was made in the first place:

The rule to fill up alpha before taking bravo slots and subsequently bravo slots before charlie it to promote teamplay and keep the blufor tracking on the map fairly neat. It's also a method of stopping "lone wolfing" or people grabbing all three marksmen slots then re-enacting American Sniper, only with more civilian casualties. If you're suggesting that encouraging team play is a stupid idea, which is what it came across as today when you had a hissy fit then quit, then you probably want to re-evaluate what it is you want in a gaming community. Also the tone you used with david after the restart was downright rude and unprovoked.

To what Frag had been on about with staff "abuse" (abuse isn't the right word to use for that but I can't remember what one would be suitable to describe it):

The only whacky incidents I've seen staff doing out with the rules on EU3 was the spawning in of vehicles by a Zeus and Bacon taking the FAC role when there wasn't a platoon commander online. Hardly serious offences

As John McClane said, we are looking into it and discussing it with the whole staff personnel. Creating a ban appeal does not mean it will always be succesful, it's an option for a player to come clean amd share his story. Staff also has other things to do, some might be absent for a few days, hence us waiting for their replies.

Saying you won't snitch people is childish IMO, especially you accusing us of hidding stuff from you. We never hide stuff and all decissions are documented.

Staff will never go around and pester members to talk to them about issues. If you have something to say, come forward. Don't keep it back and then throw it forward in a topic like this.

Rules are rules, you know them for a long time, yet you've gotten in trouble. EU3 is administrated far harsher than public servers due to people actually reading through rules and accepting them.

To touch the original concern. MilSim communities are ones where you have to call people by RL names and ranks, asking permission to speak on TS, follow rank structure by the letter, always play ONE role(the one you certified through training).

AW is and will not be a community like that. Having/making people following rules has nothing to do with being MilSim.

You can't say we are enforcing rules harsher just to mess with players. Not following the rules is disturbing the gameplay and will be punished. Really simple.

Sent from my toaster

I've been playing on EU#3 recently, and I've noticed something;

the admins and moderators seem to be intent of waving their dicks about

That's just a great way to get our attention. Okay you have my attention, you going to back it up with anything of substance or is a quote from a game the limit of your contribution? Are you calling any admin or mod out for abuse or are you just upset that we don't tailor EU3's ruleset to your needs and wants? 

It seems that people believe Religiously in the rules. Now, i get that the rules are there to make sure everyone has fun, and they do that. But when they are upheld above all else, then its not fun. Having to re slot to another role that you don't like isn't fun. And if its no longer fun, allot of people will stop playing.

Yes, because the player base repeatedly have asked for this. If you don't like it EU1 or EU2 are always available.

I know why the rules are there, but its fun to have a mess about online with the mods every once in awhile. If some people desperately want a serious server, re-purpose EU#4. its that simple. 

EU3 has always been a place for exactly not that 'messing about', people asked for it and it was provided. Judging from the response you seem to be in the minority 

EU#3 is big now. That can't be changed, but that can be adapted for. 

When servers get big, they get more casual. Tightening the rules doesn't help that, it only makes people get a bad impression.

Are you judging EU3's popularity by the time spent on it by you or some other metric? If the later, please share.

Hardly serious offences

But offences nonetheless, which I'm sure regular players would be reprimanded for. I'm actually all for Zeus spawning vehicles, as long as it's done consistently. We have a lot of realistic and fun vehicles at our disposal, especially with the new mods; not using them is madness.

I've spoken with Smiley about things over the last 40 minutes or so, and I've voiced all of my concerns to him. He's informed me that they're being raised in the appropriate manner, so I'm happy about that. I believe I've told him all of what I had to say, so I'll try to refrain from referencing anything else of that note in this thread besides the following:

• There should be more concrete rules as to the limits of the base. I believe this is being discussed now. Any other loopholes or technicalities in the rules should mean that a punishment is held off until said technicality is addressed.
  • There should be a more public record of ban appeal procedure; that is, a sticky explaining how things work.
  • There should be a more public declaration of punishment process; for example, escalation of stacked warnings into a ban, or escalating a ban's duration after a previous ban.

I'm aware that the above are very specific to my own situation, and I won't deny that. They're issues that I feel should be resolved, lest they occur upon another player who doesn't see them as things that should be addressed. As I've said in previous posts, I'm rather fond of AW, and I intend to stick about for as long as I'm welcome. If I'm sticking around, I'd like to help out in any way I can.

With that comes the next part of this post:

Rules are indeed rules, until new ones are made on the spot to ban people.

After consideration I've decided this comment was a poor choice of words; I apologise for it. It was a dig at specifics of my own circumstances, and I won't deny that.

Agreed, especially certain staff members. 

I don't recall who I was referring to with this comment, but I'm sure that my issues have been conveyed.

Finally, it's been brought to my attention that some folks seem to believe I have an attitude problem; indeed, this was a key factor in my ban and it's appeal. I'd like to take this opportunity to say that if you feel I have such a problem, or if you feel offended by anything I say, please, tell me that. I never speak intentionally ill of someone, or deliberately give someone undue attitude. If I come across this way, it may be due to my accent or my manner of speech; rest assured it is not intended. I'm a nice guy, I promise.

Why does the size/popularity of the server automatically mean we have to drop the quality? Why can't we keep the high standards of gameplay that most of us downloaded the mods for? If anything a more popular server will result in a higher flow of new players as word of mouth spreads and then maybe the quality of gameplay will fall as new players don't fully understand the rules UNLESS they see them being enforced. Then this will cause people to recheck the rules presuming they don't want to be removed from the gameplay.

In my opinion the staff have acted accordingly to the increase of players recently, ensuring the quality of our gameplay and helping the server run smoothly.

Keep it up EU#3 staff!

This topic made me cringe like fuck. The influx of players is what drove me away because I don't have time to spend hours on end on an OP nowadays and having to deal with some many people fucking about isn't worth it. If I come online I want it to be quality. I'm fucking thankful admins are finally weeding out the crap that found their way into the community. If you wanna F- about then go to your virtual arsenal of host a private server. EU3 is for serious gameplay, any fucking about is what ruins it for others. If you so desperately need to unwind after an OP then take a gun and go to the firing range and shoot 3 mags, then come back and put your serious face on again.

My god.

I'm not apologizing for the excessive use of the F word. This made me so irate it's making my eyes bleed.

I'm really tired. But I'm sure less angry than Ninja above me. Still, Topic name is incorrect, use of profanity words; it's just showing how much you actually care and how much effort you took in writing and responding to this rich topic. And how many members actually are helpful? A lot of them. Check all these helpful replies trying to explain where your thinking went wrong. I won't tolerate any kind of misbehaving or not playing by the rules. Suggestion is locking this topic. Don't embarrass yourself even more.  

Now, @Karate Pyjamas, I think we should hit shooting range. Be sure to bring at least six mags? And an AT4.

What we can take from this is the fact that the rules are there to be followed if you feel your special and don't have to then good bye.

In regards to karate, no need to apologise we all feel strongly about the state of the server and there are many in the community that feel the same as you.

Now plant1ing, can I join you in the firing range, i need to recenter my scope. :)

With regard to a few specific points:

There should be more concrete rules as to the limits of the base. I believe this is being discussed now. Any other loopholes or technicalities in the rules should mean that a punishment is held off until said technicality is addressed.

Gauntlet 0.42 has a pretty rectangle surrounding the base, which describes its limits.  Of course, you really shouldn't be running off to the edge of the base to pew pew your weapons without getting authorization from your lead.  Why?  Because we don't want you spending 5 minutes running back when the op is about to begin.

Yes, there are no firing ranges on the maps.  This was because it was hard to discriminate who was firing in base and who was firing in a range, and it was all very distracting.

I understand if you feel the need to test your weapons, and the virtual arsenal is not a great target range.  Fortunately, there is already a solution for this: if you have participated in any EU3 training session, the Shapur Training map is already on your computer.  Just browse to your steam / arma folder, check out your MPMissions folder, and you'll find it in there.  Boot it up locally (create a server on your own PC) and you should be able to select it as a map and play it.  Select any instructor role and you can spawn a virtual arsenal and be off the races.

The influx of new players

I would just like to point out that any game I have played on has had new players on it, and I actually can't think of a case where I didn't find the new player open to instruction, patient with direction, and pleasant to play with.  I think we are attracting quality players, and I'm super happy about that.

-R

I would just like to point out that any game I have played on has had new players on it, and I actually can't think of a case where I didn't find the new player open to instruction, patient with direction, and pleasant to play with.  I think we are attracting quality players, and I'm super happy about that.

Clock just turned to 1:00 AM as I type this, so bear with me. Being one of the new players, I want to thank Ryko for all his help recently. And Dreams. But he is not in this thread, so I will settle for Ryko (;  Ryko has helped me with anything from keybindings to CAS bombings to how to do a proper radio check.  The more cut and dry parts of playing on a hardcore server for your first times are the parts that are the hardest to learn sometimes, especially if you're like me and overthink things. I also wanted to thank everyone who has helped me or told me off or made me re-slot or given instruction and everything else.  I've never enjoyed Arma 3 more than I have in the last month, although I have to say goodbye to precious RHS and TRYK ): But it is for the greater good, so I will shut my big mouth and play on.

So far, I have never had a staff problem, have not seen them abuse anything, except OPFOR.  Nothing but respect for staff and admins and mods and the people who go out of their way to make things the way they are. And I think more of us should just take a step back and look at things this way. If you don't like that, then think about just how damn bored and miserable you would be without them and without this community.

I hope I am not seen as someone who just gets on the server and starts fucking with the experience (despite my recent ACRE issues), because no one here knows how much I truly value a hardcore Arma experience. Since joining the forum community and sharing my thoughts with all of you beautiful people, I have come to realize my love for the hardcore and modded element of this stupid, time consuming, stamina limiting, room-heating, video game.

This is because of what exactly? THE RULES.

Those who know me, know that I love the rules, and I love enforcement of the rules, and that I believe rules are set to be set, and to create a fun experience.  The rules are NOT SET TO BE BROKEN.  If you think so, the 1960-2000 was a time for you.  I hope the older veterans of EU3 can take some joy out of the fact that the new influx of players really doesn't have to be all that bad.  I don't like to blow my own horn, but if I must, I don't think I'm that bad.

Now, lets all chill out and go play some EU3.

Hey guy,

I've been playing on EU#3 recently, and I've noticed something;

the admins and moderators seem to be intent of waving their dicks about

It seems that people believe Religiously in the rules. Now, i get that the rules are there to make sure everyone has fun, and they do that. But when they are upheld above all else, then its not fun. Having to re slot to another role that you don't like isn't fun. And if its no longer fun, allot of people will stop playing.

I know why the rules are there, but its fun to have a mess about online with the mods every once in awhile. If some people desperately want a serious server, re-purpose EU#4. its that simple. 

EU#3 is big now. That can't be changed, but that can be adapted for. 

When servers get big, they get more casual. Tightening the rules doesn't help that, it only makes people get a bad impression.

As a very good game once said;

-Survive, Adapt, Win-

I choked on my saliva reading this.

I am all for adapting but we do not tell the host to adapt to us, visitors. We, visitors, must adapt to the rules of the host. That is why our home countries have law-enforcers...

How do you react when e.g. refugees or tourists misbehave in your country? I am sure we shouted for our government to repatriate them. Besides calls for death sentence and all... *Coughs*

Clock just turned to 1:00 AM as I type this, so bear with me. Being one of the new players, I want to thank Ryko for all his help recently. And Dreams. But he is not in this thread, so I will settle for Ryko (; Ryko has helped me with anything from keybindings to CAS bombings to how to do a proper radio check. The more cut and dry parts of playing on a hardcore server for your first times are the parts that are the hardest to learn sometimes, especially if you're like me and overthink things. I also wanted to thank everyone who has helped me or told me off or made me re-slot or given instruction and everything else. I've never enjoyed Arma 3 more than I have in the last month, although I have to say goodbye to precious RHS and TRYK ): But it is for the greater good, so I will shut my big mouth and play on.

So far, I have never had a staff problem, have not seen them abuse anything, except OPFOR. Nothing but respect for staff and admins and mods and the people who go out of their way to make things the way they are. And I think more of us should just take a step back and look at things this way. If you don't like that, then think about just how damn bored and miserable you would be without them and without this community.

I hope I am not seen as someone who just gets on the server and starts fucking with the experience (despite my recent ACRE issues), because no one here knows how much I truly value a hardcore Arma experience. Since joining the forum community and sharing my thoughts with all of you beautiful people, I have come to realize my love for the hardcore and modded element of this stupid, time consuming, stamina limiting, room-heating, video game.

This is because of what exactly? THE RULES.

Those who know me, know that I love the rules, and I love enforcement of the rules, and that I believe rules are set to be set, and to create a fun experience. The rules are NOT SET TO BE BROKEN. If you think so, the 1960-2000 was a time for you. I hope the older veterans of EU3 can take some joy out of the fact that the new influx of players really doesn't have to be all that bad. I don't like to blow my own horn, but if I must, I don't think I'm that bad.

Now, lets all chill out and go play some EU3.

Finally some good has come from this post, I would just like to say you are the type of player that we want to see on the server and we enjoy playing with you on the server because of your willingness to learn and ask questions about things you are not sure about, we are not bothered with issues with mods or problems that might occur with the game mods that comes with the territory of modded arma and most of us will either offer a hand or suggest someone that can better help.

However we do begin to have a problem when people do not listen to players playing and then we have to involve admins and it's really less fun for all because then we have to stop our gameplay to sort someone out who decides that the base is better off painted black (there's a song title in there somewhere) or red.

It is also good to see that some of the newer players enjoy the server for its serious gameplay and this enforces the point that we don't need to adapt to please the OP but the OP needs to adapt to the server.

my view put as simply as possible to avoid walls of text:

in the same sense that many casual things are against the law, such as speeding, soliciting, overtaking, illegal turns. You don't choose to turn a blind eye but you might not decide to impose a harsh punishment.

for example, in the above cases a slap on the wrist applies. so perhaps there may have been a lull in transport helicopters for example, you can either remove the sub par pilot or allow another one. you just have to remember what was the rule trying to achieve? in this case i just described the rule was trying to avoid needlessly filling pilot slots before any other slot but as my case describes, there is a requirement for another (for whatever reason)

another case would be filling in plat co before filling up alpha. it's not such a huge problem that you should CONSTANTLY bug the player in the platco slot to GET OUT RIGHT NOW!!!!1!one because if the server is filling up, chances are you'll want somebody in that slot eventually and a slot change from alpha squad leader to platco would disrupt alpha squad as a whole.

use your heads and think why the rule was made and what it's trying to achieve.

Again that's my view, what a member of staff will do is up to them and my good friend who regulates them :)

Rules are rules Zak. They have been put in place for a reason. Mods and admins are giving up their time to make everyone else's time at ahoyworld alot better and sometimes by doing this, we cant make everyone happy all of the time.

This would ruin the fun for the people that are serious.

yes, but not letting someone go talon when we are missing 1 person to legally get talon, is just not fun.

yes, but not letting someone go talon when we are missing 1 person to legally get talon, is just not fun.

If 1 is OK, what about 2? If 2 is OK, what about 3? If 3 is OK,what about 4?......... we don't need a rule which says "9 players per pilot, unless you are one short then 8is OK". Admins can use discretion.

Ps. Is this thread still going and is Zak still here??

The only time most people complain is when there is less than 18 and we have 2 pilots this is when the complaints start....

God I miss the days when it didn't need to be spelled out because the players played for each other and to benefit everyone rather than thinking about themselves.