Modding the Mod - TRYK Rehashed

Hey all,

With TRYK being broken, I've decided that, rather than just dropping it, I will try and get all the face wear and Hoodie uniforms into their on separate mod. My hope is that this can be re-added to the repo.

If anyone would like to help, PM me

-Zak

Obtain a permission from the author or check EULA of the mod, see if you are allowed to do that.

Personal note: I thing they aren`t required, but I don`t decide what goes in the repo or not.

NOOOOOOO

This is an awful idea, the admins are currently trying to save space on the repo and this will just add unnecessary items that nobody will ever use back into the repo.

The main items that people should be using are American or Blufor CAMO so that they are easily identifiable on the battlefield. Adding these items back will create an environment that we are currently trying to get away from where people are always messing about on the server with silly uniforms. 

This is an awful idea, the admins are currently trying to save space on the repo and this will just add unnecessary items that nobody will ever use back into the repo.

The main items that people should be using are American or Blufor CAMO so that they are easily identifiable on the battlefield. Adding these items back will create an environment that we are currently trying to get away from where people are always messing about on the server with silly uniforms.

Except for the fact that the majority of the uniforms available in the pack were Blufor based. I'm somewhat irritated by the loss of the TRYK uniforms, they were fantastic. I know we're getting a new pack in the future, but when we've lost a huge chunk of the arsenal with no warning, it's a tad annoying.

the only reason I want to save this mod is because it adds so much personality to our groups. We aren't some milsim group, we're AhoyWorld.

I've pretty much isolated the parts that contain the broken stuff and the parts that contain the uniforms. All I need to do is remove the unwanted assets and their config entry's and see if it works.

If Stuffedsheep and glitch are already working on it, I'll be happy to help them

first of all i will give credit where it is due:  http://www.ahoyworld.co.uk/topic/5200-eu3-repo-update/   This has been on the home page for nearly a week now. 

second of all yes i agree we have lost some camos that were nice but i have faith in the pack that is being put together by the mod guys at ahoyworld and trust the pack will add sufficient relevant camo variants .

3rd No one ever used the hoodies or none military clothing and it was just a waste of space on the repo in my opinion, for now i would suggest just sticking to vanilla camos and wait the 1-3 weeks for this other pack to be added with the pretty things ;)

all i am saying is there is another pack coming out soon that will have a lot of other clothing options in it. 

and reports are that the creator of the TRYK mod has done a runner so, although i would like to see what you add and leave out of your pack from his mod, good look finding him to get the needed permissions to do this to his mod and if you do it without permission it would not be able to be used on the server for legal reasons.

Good luck trying to get at the TRYK content. It's binarized and from what I've heard no one has had any success getting the content out.

I'm not against the idea per se, if you can make it happen, we'll see if it can work.

As far as the EULA goes I believe it's abandon ware, as no one knows where Teriyaki (TRYK) went, and he had reported that he lost all his original source files... leading to a standstill on development of that MOD.

-R

from what I've heard no one has had any success getting the content out.

Really? i did it in under an hour, using PBO manager.

They lost the unbinarized models, and they weren't updated for 1.54 hitpoint changes, enjoy wasting your time.

I've been programming stuff since i was 10, i think i can handle a little bit of binary

They lost the unbinarized models, and they weren't updated for 1.54 hitpoint changes, enjoy wasting your time.

I don't know if you realized, but he wants to take the broken Vests and Helmets out. Leaving uniforms, backpacks and headgear. 

So hitpoints do not matter. 

I am full on for that, uniforms and backpacks were amazing with tryk, not even talking about the face wear, balaclavas and all.

Go zak!

As much as I understand why you/others want to keep a mod you like, there is something absurd about investing time and effort to re-mod an old mod which is no longer supported, when you could have equally offered support to a currently developing mod to make that better and potential exceed the value of TRYK.

If we (as a community) support a new/currently developing mod by using it on the server and even offer time/effort to assist in it's development, this would yield far better results in the longer-term and offer the mod makers an motivation and incentive to keep developing it.

If we (as a community) support a new/currently developing mod by using it on the server and even offer time/effort to assist in it's development, this would yield far better results in the longer-term and offer the mod makers an motivation and incentive to keep developing it.

I.e. CUP

As much as I understand why you/others want to keep a mod you like, there is something absurd about investing time and effort to re-mod an old mod which is no longer supported, when you could have equally offered support to a currently developing mod to make that better and potential exceed the value of TRYK.

That's a good point, however, TRYK has a lot of stuff we just cant get anywhere else

So, let me explain again.

THE TRYK TEAM LOST THEIR SOURCE FILES.

What broke TRYK in 1.54 was a change in hitpoints in the P3Ds, meaning that without the source files (unbinarized, aka MLOD) you CANNOT fix tryk.

You'll be asking "but why ?" and my answer will be that the P3D that is in the PBO is binarized and compressed (ODOL, v67 more precisely).

You CANNOT recover the entirety of an ODOL P3D, and even if you manage to reverse engineer the thing, it's against the EULA of the game, and is also punishable by law.