EU3 TRAINING NIGHT - THURSDAY MARCH 3 19:00 GMT

Ryko

Time of preparation @ TS: 18:45 GMT (13:45 EST)

Time start: 19:00 GMT (14:00 EST)

Time end: 22:00 GMT (ish)

Type of gameplay: CO-OP TRAINING, FOLLOWED BY GAUNTLET

Mods: EU#3 Repository Mods

Hi folks,

With an influx of new players, we're going to have another training night.  Same mode as before: basic training for new players, and advanced training for players who have been out in the field a few times.

Basic training looks like this:

1. Introduction - what it means to play on EU3 - how it's different from EU1 / other servers - what we expect from players.  Ie., the obligatory boring but happily short talky-talk part
  2. Radios - how to use ACRE - how to communicate well & efficiently - understanding how & why the radios work.
  3. Working as a team - formations, movement, cover, battle buddies, chain of command.
  4. ACE medical - how to treat your own injuries - how to help a medic (or other team members) treat another team members' injuries effectively.

Advanced training topics this week will be ADVANCED ACE MEDICAL and LONG-RANGE MARKSMANSHIP.

Volunteers interested in leading basic training and advanced topics are appreciated - just message me in this thread, through steam, or through a forum message.

No signups necessary, but posting your intent to participate below is welcome.

Training will be on Shapur Training - which is >< almost working properly.

Following training at 21:00 will be Gauntlet standard, with the map chosen based on the composition of the platoon.

Cheers

-R

@Amentes I would definitely appreciate you running basic.

@Minipily if you would like to lead advanced medical that'd be appreciated.

Long range marksmanship was originally going to be all about ATRAX and KESTREL, but after some conversations we're going to expand that and go a bit in-depth on some overlooked and underused ACE items:

• Map Tools
  • Map Flashlight
  • IR Strobes
  • ACE Explosives
  • Rangecard + Mils Zeroing (I'd like to add ATrax and Kestrel onto this)
  • Vector-21
  • MicroDAGR GPS + Vector-21

LRM wasn't going to cover rocket ordinance, but as always if none of the above topics are of interest to you, you can talk to me about independent training and I can set you up with gear so you can practice.

-R

Any tips/links i could check before attending the training? I only played like 4 or 5 times or so on EU3 and that was when we still used TFAR. I mostly had troubles with communications back then and thats pretty basic.

Guest Bartlett
Time of preparation @ TS: 18:45 GMT (13:45 EST)Time start: 19:00 GMT (14:00 EST)Time end: 22:00 GMT (ish)Type of gameplay: CO-OP TRAINING, FOLLOWED BY GAUNTLETMods: EU#3 Repository Mods Hi folks, With an influx of new players, we're going to have another training night.  Same mode as before: basic training for new players, and advanced training for players who have been out in the field a few times. Basic training looks like this:
  1. Introduction - what it means to play on EU3 - how it's different from EU1 / other servers - what we expect from players.  Ie., the obligatory boring but happily short talky-talk part
  2. Radios - how to use ACRE - how to communicate well & efficiently - understanding how & why the radios work.
  3. Working as a team - formations, movement, cover, battle buddies, chain of command.
  4. ACE medical - how to treat your own injuries - how to help a medic (or other team members) treat another team members' injuries effectively.

Advanced training topics this week will be ADVANCED ACE MEDICAL and LONG-RANGE MARKSMANSHIP. Volunteers interested in leading basic training and advanced topics are appreciated - just message me in this thread, through steam, or through a forum message. No signups necessary, but posting your intent to participate below is welcome. Training will be on Shapur Training - which is >< almost working properly. Following training at 21:00 will be Gauntlet standard, with the map chosen based on the composition of the platoon. Cheers -R

Hey ryko I will be attending the training night, I've learnt quite a lot already from some experienced players but really want to learn medical and ranging with a marksman scope would be my main priorities thanks

will be there for the marksman stuff, 

give me a holo sight with magnifier i can hit at 500m

give me a sniper scope and good look getting me to hit a barn door at 500m

also i do believe this is Ryko not raz ;)

LOL that's awkward. I had just put a comment on the other forum post with David regarding Raz leaving.  That's where I got my R's confused. Maybe a sign I need to go to bed earlier

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Bishop." data-cid="34116" data-time="1456926358"><p>

Hopefully I'll be there. Been meaning to try EU3 for a while now.</p></blockquote>

If you need any help installing the mods don't hesitate to ask any of the members or veterans when you see us on, we will be happy to help :)

Eu3 Training:        Get your gear in the Va not on the server still waiting 20min after every mission to get a new one

Build a line with your squad if you ready dont crouch around that should be the serios server

Use nato gear(ak is not a nato gear and subversion of ak is also not nato stuff) try out the g3k or the aug ... and you dont need 20mags rockets explosiv

if you land in field make a circle and save the area

if you spott enemy call it out first if he close and see you too shoot no question but if he 200m away and look to a other direction hold your fire call it out!

if you wont a real serios gameplay use the real optics from the gun thats most of the time not a 20x zoom scope in night time only specialforce using Nv

goggles if you normal infantry you get one nv for one guy in the  squad(recon) the rest got flashlight yep real life is hard

thats to difficult for you stay on the eu1 or 2 :D thx for attention koyote out

Does that include anti-tank weapons, like the AT4? I messed up two shots in a day, people know I need that.

Just a brief talk and / or demo of its ballistic drop, velocity and maybe armour penetration at ranges >200 metres would be nice.

Yes you did Skull haha.