Player report form

David

It was recently suggested that a player report form be added to report players when admins aren't around. It can be found at the top of the site under "player tools" (which is also new and has quite a few useful links) and clicking "report player". You can also find it at www.ahoyworld.co.uk/pr and when I&A is updated you can find it by QR code at the base so you can do it on mobile without even tabbing out!

You don't need to provide evidence but reports without evidence can be open to doubt so if you can, please do!

The report form looks good, and it's a nice featured to be added in. I do however have 3 small suggestions :)

1) Under links to evidence you state "If no evidence, we will only be able to take action if we receive multiple reports". I understand that it has to work like that, but perhaps I wouldn't write that in the form. Only act if there are several reports, but don't say that in the form. If the form says so, someone might just bring a few friends in and get them to report a guy.

2) In the box with you have to check in at the end, saying "All information provided is honest, correct and accurate" I would also add that false reports are looked upon as an offence by itself, so that people know that when they do decide to post a report. Basically, it tells people not to report unless they're absolutly certain that the player broke the rules.

3) Insead of your ingame name, wouldn't it be better to write your Arma3 UID, so that I cannot report someone, in someone elses name. Otherwise people might post false reports in someone elses name, which could be devastating for that person.

The report form looks good, and it's a nice featured to be added in. I do however have 3 small suggestions :)

1) Under links to evidence you state "If no evidence, we will only be able to take action if we receive multiple reports". I understand that it has to work like that, but perhaps I wouldn't write that in the form. Only act if there are several reports, but don't say that in the form. If the form says so, someone might just bring a few friends in and get them to report a guy.

2) In the box with you have to check in at the end, saying "All information provided is honest, correct and accurate" I would also add that false reports are looked upon as an offence by itself, so that people know that when they do decide to post a report. Basically, it tells people not to report unless they're absolutly certain that the player broke the rules.

3) Insead of your ingame name, wouldn't it be better to write your Arma3 UID, so that I cannot report someone, in someone elses name. Otherwise people might post false reports in someone elses name, which could be devastating for that person.

Thanks for your input, I have removed the hint text for the evidence links, there isn't really any decent way of putting it unfortunately. People posting false reports should go without saying it is frowned upon, I have no problem in removing players who do this, spelling it out for them should not be required (which is why it isn't). We certainly could add some sort of player verification, but I'm not sure that UID verification is the way, I will do a quick edit with reference digits!

Another small input.
It does make sence to have the reference digits at the end, as you're finnishing the report, but wouldn't it be more convenient to have those directly underneath the name of the player you're reporting?

It wouldn't look as good and some people might say that it doesn't makes sence, but I think it accually does. If it's placed near their name, you could easily screenshot the report from your cellphone/pc and thus save the reference digits together with the playername. Otherwise you simply may forget which numbers were connected to which report, and that may cause some inconvenience when an admin asks if you're accually the one filing this specific report. You may remember creating a report, but perhaps not the name of the player, or which reference numbers you accually had.

Either way, the report form looks great and I'm pretty sure that it'll work really well :)

Other than that, how does this work when players have similar, or even the same name? Is that what the date & time thing is for? I'm curious, because I noticed a second "Someone" playing on EU2 a coupple days ago. He sat down in my helicopter, played around and pretended to be me for a while. He didn't missbehave or anything, but it still got me thinking. If a player gets banned while playing on the server, it's definetly the correct player getting banned, but when theese are created in hindsight, there might be plenty of people with similar, or even the same name who's been playing the same day, or at similar hours. I'd assume you're checking loggs for who's playing when or something similar?

Another small input.

It does make sence to have the reference digits at the end, as you're finnishing the report, but wouldn't it be more convenient to have those directly underneath the name of the player you're reporting?

It wouldn't look as good and some people might say that it doesn't makes sence, but I think it accually does. If it's placed near their name, you could easily screenshot the report from your cellphone/pc and thus save the reference digits together with the playername. Otherwise you simply may forget which numbers were connected to which report, and that may cause some inconvenience when an admin asks if you're accually the one filing this specific report. You may remember creating a report, but perhaps not the name of the player, or which reference numbers you accually had.

Either way, the report form looks great and I'm pretty sure that it'll work really well :)

Other than that, how does this work when players have similar, or even the same name? Is that what the date & time thing is for? I'm curious, because I noticed a second "Someone" playing on EU2 a coupple days ago. He sat down in my helicopter, played around and pretended to be me for a while. He didn't missbehave or anything, but it still got me thinking. If a player gets banned while playing on the server, it's definetly the correct player getting banned, but when theese are created in hindsight, there might be plenty of people with similar, or even the same name who's been playing the same day, or at similar hours. I'd assume you're checking loggs for who's playing when or something similar?

Yes we would go and check the server logs, from there we can pull their GUID and if it's necessary, issue a ban or warning when we next see that player.

Great work for getting this made, this is exactly what we needed.

Is it weird that I'm excited about this?

Could you give some info on what sort of screenshots would be best in the case of a TKer.

Example screenshots:

TKs in chat:   This is the easiest evidence to provide since anyone can get those even if you're not able to see the killings in person.

TKs in action: Potentially very good evidence, however this can be quite difficult depending on how he's killing people.

Votekicks:       If you (the reporter) gets screenshots of different players using the "votekick" functionality already ingame, as that could serve as lots of mini-reports. 

No doubt the best way would be for all the players on at the time to submit their own reports, however I don't think most people would actually be bothered to do it.

Also a mini-suggestion, if possible make it so that votekick cannot be spammed, e.g. put it on a 10 second timer or something so that players can't spam it.

Great work for getting this made, this is exactly what we needed.

Is it weird that I'm excited about this?

Could you give some info on what sort of screenshots would be best in the case of a TKer.

Example screenshots:

TKs in chat:   This is the easiest evidence to provide since anyone can get those even if you're not able to see the killings in person.

TKs in action: Potentially very good evidence, however this can be quite difficult depending on how he's killing people.

Votekicks:       If you (the reporter) gets screenshots of different players using the "votekick" functionality already ingame, as that could serve as lots of mini-reports. 

No doubt the best way would be for all the players on at the time to submit their own reports, however I don't think most people would actually be bothered to do it.

Also a mini-suggestion, if possible make it so that votekick cannot be spammed, e.g. put it on a 10 second timer or something so that players can't spam it.

Made my first official report. Very easy and straight forward.

I like the idea of the votekick comedown timer by Jason!

It's not my specialty but I'd guess the timer on voting wouldn't be editable. We can change the threshold for activation though (percentage of server only) but that is a double edged sword.

The reference numbers will be staying at the bottom, this is because if at the top it will likely stay in short term memory, when the rest is filled out the numbers will probably be forgotten. If they forget the numbers anyway it's not the end of the world, if we get in contact we can just ask whether they filled it out or not.