'EU3 Veteran' XML & Tags

MessedUpSmiley

Hello brothers in arms,

As you may or may not have deduced from the title we are implementing a new sort of system in the EU#3 community, the veteran system.
This means that players that meet the qualifications can be added to a new Squad.XML, specially designed for EU#3 Veterans with as motto "Exemplo Ducemus" - which is Latin for 'leads by example', which is exactly what we're expecting from the veterans.
Furthermore we have redesigned the 'Experienced @ EU#3' Team Speak server group into a Veteran tag -with real dogtags, yes- which will, next to being added to the XML, only be handed out to the Veterans.

What we expect from the Veterans is that they - with the new respect their status should give them - provide an example and a grip for both new players and players that have been with us for a while, to show them the ropes and provide them, along with yourself of course, the best playing experience possible.

Seeing we - as staff team - are trying to foster a special environment on EU#3 the selection procedure is going to have a couple of requirements, after you meet the requirements (listed below) and are eager to sign-up you should talk to an EU#3 Moderator, who will pass your name on to the entire moderator team and after a short discussion about the candidate you will hear whether we think you belong on the XML or not.

Requirements:

• Should be regularly active in the EU#3 community.
        Has been active on EU#3.
        Should have a total playtime of around 40 hours on EU#3.
        Is able to attend some community events throughout the year.
  • No bans in the last 6 months or warned for serious infractions in last 3 months.
  • Trustworthy in representing the AhoyWorld name and logo.
  • Moderators agree on you getting the tag. (as stated above)

A serious infraction or getting banned will result in losing the status. Also repeatedly cancelling events for invalid reasons will be frowned upon.

Re-instatement will be possible after a cooldown period of  either 3 months on any serious infraction or 6 months after recieving a ban. After which you will be watched and any other infraction, however small might still lead to losing the status (again)

Both images, XML & Tags:

ec228688581a898cb65bfc35556ca73c.png

7e15dd1eceb6882c2049f140b66a1f27.png

Post will be moved to the EU#3 section in a few days.

Edited by Miksi
refinig the requirements

I understand what you are getting at, but doesn't this borderline the aspect of "i am better then you" mentality.

The requirements are also a bit vague towards actual veteran members of the community. Some including myself id consider as veterans on EU3, but do not qualify the ranking of vet, for the lack of constant activity for 3 months. Which also brings up the point of existing vets. If you gain this veterancy and become inactive for long period of time, will you loose this ranking?

Since even Veterans can be unexperienced in certain aspects of the game. Such as operating aerial vehicles, which no doubt some veteran players still cannot do properly. So can they really lead by example, when their abilities aren't been tested? Is this an issue that is covered in the moderator discussion? Are capabilities of vets being tested or is it matter of vouching?

Think the policy behind this "program" requires some refinement.

Since even Veterans can be unexperienced in certain aspects of the game. Such as operating aerial vehicles, which no doubt some veteran players still cannot do properly. So can they really lead by example, when their abilities aren't been tested? Is this an issue that is covered in the moderator discussion? Are capabilities of vets being tested or is it matter of vouching?

Presumably, we're gonna see Veterans from every branch, and each one will most likely be perfectly aware of the areas in which they excel, and the ones in which they do not.

Exactly what Amentes said, instead of a single TS grpup for veterans skill tags would be nice, indicating those who excel in certain fields, medic, rotary pilot, fixed wing pilot, comms, engineer/demolitions, team/squad/Plt leader (corporal, sergeant and LT rank markers respectively?) that kind of stuff. So someone who is tagged as a veteran medic would be better suited as a medic in a game night compared to a new-to-ACE-med person

The question of getting the tag is the mentality of the player and their experience playing EU3 not their skill level. The tag will be, as stated, given to players that seem to embody the mentality that we want to see on the server.

1. I understand what you are getting at, but doesn't this borderline the aspect of "i am better then you" mentality.

2. The requirements are also a bit vague towards actual veteran members of the community. Some including myself id consider as veterans on EU3, but do not qualify the ranking of vet, for the lack of constant activity for 3 months. Which also brings up the point of existing vets. If you gain this veterancy and become inactive for long period of time, will you loose this ranking?

1. There is no skill attached to the whole being Veteran, it just signifies your position as a long time and active EU#3 player.

2. What would you define as an actual veteran member? I would call it someone who has been practising something over a long time. Seeing the mods we are still frequently subject to change I'd say a small catching up and evaluation period would suffice for the older members to become eligible. Being inactive for a long time, will most likely result in you getting removed from the program.

As another point I'd like to raise up the part of the XML having the ability to add a remark, if you want to play a bit milsim-like; even though we are not a milsim community - feel free to insert in that remark a couple of area's which you excel at.

More teamspeak tags would probably not be a very good idea, seeing we would like to keep things nice and simple and ... <read bold text above with strict tone>.

Also, it's all up to the creator of the event to designate people to slots, so if he'd rather have veteran players in important slots or slots they are dedicated to, that's totally fine. You're showing other people the ropes anywhat, what better enviroment than a gamenight, right?

It is a nice initiative, though knowing my own sporatic periods of play time (Work and simple "bored with Arma" being the main reasons.) i would never qualify for verry long :D

It is a nice way of showing new members those players that can assist in getting to know the core gameplay in the #EU3 server.

2. What would you define as an actual veteran member? I would call it someone who has been practising something over a long time. Seeing the mods we are still frequently subject to change I'd say a small catching up and evaluation period would suffice for the older members to become eligible. Being inactive for a long time, will most likely result in you getting removed from the program.

That isn't exactly what veterancy stands for by definition. By comparison removing veterancy status from real life soldiers doesn't seem right.

Veterancy by it's meaning has nothing to do with technological savvy (mods). Nor absence from service. This is why im asking these

questions cause in here, people may have completely different applications for them and asked for proper refinement of the policy.

Iv spent at least about a year actively playing on EU3, but i got burnt out and taking long period of breaks from it.

I have no doubt other members will get burnt out on it as well at some point.

I see Miksi has done some refinement on the requirements, so presume absence isn't an issue.

(You can take man out of the army, but you can't take the army out of the man).

• 2 weeks later...