Mod Suggestion: EODS

I know I could just use the thread link thingy and post this directly to staff with a few paragraphs explaining this and that but I feel it's worth making a little topic just to get other people thoughts.

Now I'm probably stupid and don't actually even realize this may have already been brought into Valiant or something, but if not, I seriously believe it would make a great addition seeing as Valiant plans to have IED's.

The mod in question; Explosive Ordnance Disposal Suite

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26882

This mod aims to improve the combat engineers role as well as greatly improve on ACE's place and disarm.

The mod will allow for much more realistic EOD scenarios and offers a great experience to those who are patient, smart and wanting to get the most out of an insurgent style mission.

The mod includes:

• English/Spanish/French translation for every feature.
  • Functional RCIEDs (Radio Controlled Improvised Explosive Device).
  • Functional Cellphone to interact and detonate the RCIEDs.
  • Functional Editors modules to give to the IA the ability to detonate IEDs, to set a hidden/buried IED, and the possibility to create a Daisy Chain from the editor itself.
  • Functional UI to interact with the IEDs. The players can interact with the IEDs by many forms: arming the IEDs, burry the IEDs, defusing the IEDs and more.
  • Talon Mark II EOD Robot with animations and ied interactions.
  • THOR III Jammer with removable antenna.
  • APOBS system

Like I said, this will allow for great scenarios and would be real fun for people who like dealing with explosives, especially when they get to call in a controlled explosion and 30 seconds later be knocked down by the sheer shock-wave of these weapons.

So far to my knowledge there is a large portion of community's using this, from casual to mil-sim and from the videos I've seen and people who play with certain groups that have used it, they say it's a blast, LITERALLY!

If you'd like to know more about the mod, I would strongly suggest watching some of the 15th MEU videos about it, GameDev Byrne has some good videos of it from his service.

Anyway, just a thought, what do you think?

I'm sorry mini, but it was last updated in november 2014 and according to the forum (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/173102-eods-explosive-ordnance-disposal-suite/page-16) it has been discontinued and many things are broken (like the interaction keys). The version the 15th MEU uses is their own custom version of it wich isn't public.

Would be great if it worked, but sadly, it doesn't.

I'm sorry mini, but it was last updated in november 2014 and according to the forum (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/173102-eods-explosive-ordnance-disposal-suite/page-16) it has been discontinued and many things are broken (like the interaction keys). The version the 15th MEU uses is their own custom version of it wich isn't public.

Would be great if it worked, but sadly, it doesn't.

Awww, that's a shame.