Points for revive

the_Brain100102

Question

5 answers to this question

The points system is very unreliable since there are MANY things that you can do which you don't get points for, however I don't consider that an issue since I (and most others) don't play to get points, and neither should you! You should be reviving people because that's the right thing to do, not because you get 5 points for it.

Also for the argument that it will encourage medics to heal/revive people, I don't think those medics are even aware of the points system, hell they probably don't even realise they're medics!

The satisfaction I get when people thank me is the biggest reward. I do not expect to get points for reviving players or repairing vehicles because, when I choose that certain class, I know at the back of my head to perform my duties on the field.

In my opinion, the need to be rewarded like Battlefield series dilutes the cohesion of the community.

Pros

• Server will constantly be filled

Cons

• Players do not play with the right mindset anymore
  • Competitive race to accumulate the points sets in

Who I think should be generously rewarded? Pilots who ferry players back and forth to main AOs and side missions.

In my opinion, medics getting points for revives is bad, because they already fight over revives sometimes now, like i saw last time, 1 medic was rushing for the revive to get there first, the other medic saw him doing so and did the same thing, at the end, one of them got killed. The other one died trying to revive the other medic. But i do agree that it would be nice, if pilots would get points for safely transporting people.

The satisfaction I get when people thank me is the biggest reward. I do not expect to get points for reviving players or repairing vehicles because, when I choose that certain class, I know at the back of my head to perform my duties on the field.

In my opinion, the need to be rewarded like Battlefield series dilutes the cohesion of the community.

Pros

• Server will constantly be filled

Cons

• Players do not play with the right mindset anymore
  • Competitive race to accumulate the points sets in

Who I think should be generously rewarded? Pilots who ferry players back and forth to main AOs and side missions.

I agree on this, although I would argue that Pilots actually also get a lot of fun out of it. I myself love to grab a Hummingbird and fly back and forth.