INSURGENCY EU3 GAME NIGHT - FRI JAN 22 20:00 GMT

Ryko

Time of preparation @ TS: 20:00 GMT (15:00 EST)

Time of operation start: 20:30 GMT

Time of operation end: 22:30 GMT

Type of gameplay: CO-OP

Mods: EU#3 Repository Mods

Version 0.23 of my Insurgency mission is ready to roll out!

This mission is based on Project Reality's "Insurgency" game mode, but a lot more detailed.  In a nutshell: the city of Fallujah is overrun by insurgent forces, and your MARSOC team has a mission to take out several weapons caches hidden in the city.  You don't know where they are exactly, but you have a vague idea, and gathering intel will help you narrow down their exact location.  You have two hours to accomplish your objective.

IMPORTANT UPDATE: TANGO WILL NOT BE OPERATIONAL FOR THIS GAME NIGHT DUE TO BUGS.

SIGNUPS NOW CLOSED

We had 45 signups on 31 roles last time, so sign up early.  We have more roles and if we fill up I will have some overflow slots in a squad of resistance fighters, which could be good fun in and of itself.

Notable changes in 0.23:

• [FIXED] Sniper adjusted loadout: now has a PRC-343, and scope changed to Kahlia
  • [CHANGED] Adjusted medic loadout to give more medical supplies.
  • [ADDED] TANGO covert team.
  • [ADDED] WHISKEY platoon command element (commander and JTAC).
  • [CHANGED] Two Little Bird helicopters have been turned into UH-1Y Hueys.
  • [ADDED] Helicopter co-pilots may paradrop loaded supply crates.
  • [ADDED] Cargo supply area at Auxiliary Truck park.
  • [CHANGED] How objective caches spawn so they don't blow up prematurely.
  • [ADDED] Dynamics on how AI reacts to Tango team.

For full mission details, check the last game night text:

http://www.ahoyworld.co.uk/topic/4952-insurgency-eu3-game-night-fri-jan-15-2000gmt/

-R

Okay, whoops.

I realize I had made a few changes to the roles, but I don't think it's going to affect people's choices so far.

• [CHANGED] Rifleman AT now has M153 SMAW launcher.
  • [CHANGED] Alpha 1 and Bravo 1 Autorifleman are now TRANSLATOR roles, embedded Iraqi resistance fighters who have a better chance of getting intel from civilians and other resistance fighters.
  • [CHANGED] Alpha 2 and Bravo 2 Medics are now AMMO BEARER roles, who carry an extra M153 rocket and M249 belt.

I'm assuming if you put down Helicopter pilot you're also ok with helicopter co-pilot.  I've updated the form, if you want to update your choices.

If people want to record video of their game play I'd love to turn the best bits into a cool trailer.

Also note Friday's game night will allow Third person mode.

-R

• [CHANGED] Rifleman AT now has M153 SMAW launcher

Nice!

• [CHANGED] Alpha 1 and Bravo 1 Autorifleman are now TRANSLATOR roles, embedded Iraqi resistance fighters who have a better chance of getting intel from civilians and other resistance fighters.

Though this is a cool ass feature, i'd probably recommend someone else being the translator, probably someone that isn't a high importance role like this. Not sure bout the others but i'd rather my autorifleman watch the line than talk to the Iraqi's.

• [CHANGED] Alpha 2 and Bravo 2 Medics are now AMMO BEARER roles, who carry an extra M153 rocket and M249 belt.

Like the autorifleman, though this is another nice feature and that ammo bearers should be used much more, I don't think the medic is a good idea, if my time as a medic has taught me anything, it's that the medic should be light and remain out of trouble, therefore having him as a ammo bearer is not a great idea. Only issue is, finding a role to do it can be quiet tough. Rifleman and auto are obviously already gunna be heavy and not need the extra ammo as it is already for themselves, medics like I said should be fairly light and not be in danger... I can't remember the teams off my heart as you did the teams slightly different but i'm sure you have an idea that these roles shouldn't really be the ammo bearing roles but it's up to you, just my thoughts is all.

• If people want to record video of their game play I'd love to turn the best bits into a cool trailer.

I'm up for that! I'm always recording Gamenights so I can scrounge some good footage I'm sure.

Sorry, I should have clarified, the translator and ammo bearers no longer have their previous function.  They have different loadouts, ie., the translator no longer carries the M249.

The general idea is that Alpha 1 and Bravo 1 are a close-range team, while Alpha 2 and Bravo 2 are a longer range support team.

-R

Up to 32 signups - we may not max out this time.  There are 47 roles though, including the Allied Independent 8-man squad.

Next game night sheet I will include a "I don't care" choice.

Also this time around I will be selecting randomly on each role, with a modifier based on when you signed up.  So there will still be a chance that the eight of you who signed up for Tango could get one of the three roles.

-R

As of right now we are 37 signups out of (I believe) 39 BLUFOR roles; there are 8 Independent overflow roles (Resistance fighters).

Tango = BLUFOR, but they are dressed up in OPFOR clothes so they can perform covert reconnaissance.

-R

Last minute updates. Unfortunately Tango will not be operational for tonight's game: some last-minute bugs that I don't have enough time to quash.  Hopefully operational for 0.24!  If you want to update your choices on the form you may do so or just wait until tonight.

And here is the up to date changelog.

• Loadout adjustments:
  • [FIXED] BLUFOR Sniper adjusted loadout: now has a PRC-343, and scope changed to Kahlia
  • [CHANGED] Adjusted medic loadout to give more medical supplies.
  • [CHANGED] Rifleman AT now has M153 SMAW launcher.
  • [CHANGED] Alpha 1 and Bravo 1 Autorifleman are no longer. They are replaced by TRANSLATOR roles, embedded Iraqi resistance fighters who have a better chance of getting intel from civilians and other resistance fighters.
  • [CHANGED] Alpha 2 and Bravo 2 Medics are no longer. They are now replaced by AMMO BEARER roles, who carry an extra M153 rocket and M249 belt.
  • [CHANGED] Team Leaders now get 8 cable ties.
  • [ADDED] WHISKEY platoon command element (commander and JTAC).
  • [ADDED] ROMEO team, an extra 2-man helicopter team.
  • [ADDED] INDIA squad, an eight-man independent team.
  • [CHANGED] Civilian reactions to Translator and Independent players. Civilians and AI Resistance fighters will not give intel items to Independent players.
  • [CHANGED] Two Little Bird helicopters have been turned into UH-1Y Hueys. Still one Little Bird on loan from Delta Force.
  • [ADDED] Helicopter co-pilots may paradrop loaded supply crates.
  • [ADDED] Cargo supply area at Auxiliary Truck park.
  • [CHANGED] How objective caches spawn so they don't blow up prematurely.
  • [ADDED] Garrisoned OPFOR units will leave their stations when players are near the zone objective.
  • [FIXED] Healing a friendly could spawn messages intended for Civilians.
  • [CHANGED] How STOP action works... not perfect, but it kinda works.

Thanks to Ryko for setting this mission and gamenight up, unfortunately I had some bad FPS issues and after lagging off a roof and breaking my whole body have had to give up early.  The mission looks really good and look forward to playing again when there are no FPS issues.

Regards, Alex.

Hi folks,

Thanks all for playing.  FPS issues have been noted and I will be having a think about that; Gauntlet does it better by spawning only the enemies necessary for the small ops, where as I have all these darned Civilians walking around eating up your cycles.

Also radio issues have been noted and I think it was related to JIP players.  Will have a look at that.

Also noted problems with searching for intel.  JIP too, I think.

Please note any other issues here.

Cheers,

Ryko