Multiplayer Mission Making

Hey Guys,

I decided to make a multiplayer mission with the EU#3 Mods... then I realized I don't actually know how to make a mission with said mods.

So, I created this thread as a place for people to post tips for anyone who wishes to make missions.

-Zak

The primary tip I would give would be, make sure to test your mission in a dedicated server environment; testing it locally is great, but everything changes when you're running it on a dedicated server like EU3.

Hosting your own virtual dedicated server is easy.  Just download TADST, a small program which lets you easily configure and launch Arma's built in dedicated server program.  You can develop the mission locally, but get it to a point and export it as a PBO, then run a dedicated server and see if it works as you expect.

You'll save yourself a lot of headaches by working this way.

-R

Hosting your own virtual dedicated server is easy.  Just download TADST, a small program which lets you easily configure and launch Arma's built in dedicated server program.  You can develop the mission locally, but get it to a point and export it as a PBO, then run a dedicated server and see if it works as you expect.

I was actually looking for something like this that wouldn't have me creating a server from scratch, and have been meaning to ask if you knew of any. Here's my answer, thanks!