Limited Arsenal Discussion

Personally i think that all camo variants should be available and all gun attachments, i do however feel like things such as the beards and more comical things should be limited as this is just wasting time and makes it a harder task to actually get to things that are important like useful NVGs and helmets. 

Only thing that having more in the arsenal will affect is initial loading times into the arsenal once it is loaded up client side it wont affect gameplay at all. 

I'd prefer it if we were limited to loading a pre-made, and then only being able to do minor adjustments.

Uniforms, Vests, Helmets, Primary Weapons, lock that down. There really shouldn't be any need to change any of that while on server.

That said, I personally don't care what uniform people wear. I have no problem with people using Tron suits or a giant yellow bear costume, if that does it for them.

i would say weapons shouldn't be limited, this would prevent people from being able to access their weapons to change attachments.

No need to change those either. All my kits are set up for nighttime, and I simply remove the nighttime stuff after loading it.

No need to change those either.

Sorry Amentes, but I have to disagree with you on most of this. Freedom of choice with regards to weapons and (sensibly, anyway) uniforms is part of the appeal of EU3

in my eyes. Yes, there are some who'd constantly take strange loadouts, or ones with jeans, but they are easily corrected, if not reprimanded, for doing so. Last night for example, we had someone moving about in Alpha with a replica Japanese loadout, and it looked pretty cool. I know a few people have asked for German kit to be added. I think it's nice to be able to replicate a specific loadout, and it's not altogether too farfetched to imagine a combined operation between several countries.

I think it's nice to be able to replicate a specific loadout, and it's not altogether too farfetched to imagine a combined operation between several countries.

I do enjoy this as well and would gladly replicate several countries' standard loadouts if I had sources (perhaps I am not trying hard enough).

What I would like to see would be people within the same Squad (not only Fireteam) using the same uniform, but I know that is quite impossible with the current system, unless every one of those 12 members (assuming a full squad) agrees to do so and is coordinated enough to do it in a short amount of time.

Freedom of choice with regards to weapons and (sensibly, anyway) uniforms is part of the appeal of EU3

I've never asked for preset kits. I've only asked that people make their kits in Arsenal, outside of the server, and then load them as needed. Limiting the selection in the on-sever Arsenal box will not prevent people from loading saved kits.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry Amentes, but I have to disagree with you on most of this. Freedom of choice with regards to weapons and (sensibly, anyway) uniforms is part of the appeal of EU3

in my eyes. 

Same for me, it's part of the fun on Eu3, people changing kits, discussing what looks better, exchanging opinions of different parts of armor, and all that. It just needs to be done before mission. (People sitting next to arsenal crate for 30 minutes are the problem)