Is your ACRE working correctly?

29 members have voted

1. 1. Does ACRE function correctly 100% of the time for you?

• Yes
    • No

If we are gonna have this type of thread can people please start posting what issues they have... 

I've created this as we have a large number of people on the server experiencing issues right now. I'm certainly aware of people who haven't come to the forums with their issues, so I'm hoping this will show us at least a rough estimate of numbers. It'd be nice if everyone reported their issues in the appropriate thread as well.

Josh, its the same issue that's been posted beforehand, half of us can hear over radio, the others cant and such. I've seen it posted on many different topics about ACRE, especially the Open Discussions.

Its been happening a while now and still no solution! Its becoming very frustrating. 

This poll will not do anything to solve the problem we already know exists.

Unless you add the question, "are you using the vanilla loadout or a loadout retrieved from the Arsenal?"

Too many people assume acre is just tfar but different, where they are in fact very different in how they are set up.

-R

Could someone explain to me what the expected outcome of loading a radio from Arsenal would be?

Is it possible that such a radio could work as intended for 20-30 minutes, and then decide to break?

And if we don't spawn with the radio we need, how do we acquire it without Arsenal?

We pin-pointed the cause of that yesterday (mostly 152s, 117s). Its due to the preset channels and auto-channel changing I believe, devs are looking into a fix for it.

As of radios from Arsenal, they are not available in it right now, the 117s and 152s probably wont work until the upper fix is applied, but 148s and 343s should work from Arsenal (I`ve done a quick test yesterday and they were working).

I also strongly suggest for players to take 15-20 minutes to read through this: ACRE Wiki

Basically, anything that isn't a 343 radio seem to have a 50% chance of either working or not.

But in ACRE's defense, when it works, it's amazing!

Sometimes ACRE kills both my game and TS, but leaves the channel open, so everyone gets radio distortion untill the server realises that I crashed.

Edited by TaintedCookie

People may not say it, but I know they appreciate the hard work that is going into solving this problem!

-R

So do I.

Yesterday when the 152s weren't working on Chernarus, both Josh and Bacon (and PERO as well I believe) promptly popped up to try and see what the problem was. And Josh had to leave soon after, so him showing up to try and help was impressive.

Okay, today's the first time I actually got to know how all of you experiencing issues with ACRE feel. It even made me ragequit, and I'm the first to admit that. It seemed pointless to stay when no one could hear me.

Also, 80% of the time I couldn't hear anything being said to me either, as soon as we left staging. I'm not sure if it had already bugged out in the Chinook, but in the AO, virtually nothing came in on the 343 from Flash (not sure if he was the only one I didn't hear, because, y'know, I didn't hear) and not even my team members were able to get my direct voice most of the time. On direct, I could hear them all properly, so I thought it might have been a TS plugin issue and reloaded it a couple of times, but that only fixed it briefly, read: seconds.

Coincidentally, it's also the first time in ages I took a TL slot, and I've never had any problems whatsoever in regular rifleman slots. Not sure if it's correlation or causation.

1. What radio caused the problem? The 343, 148, 152?

2. Did you load a kit from the Arsenal or play with the loadout provided on spawn?

3. Have you ensured you do not have tfar running?

These should be standard questions in debugging acre.

-R

1. 343 as stated.

2. Preset loadout.

3. Haven't even got TFAR installed anymore.

Bringing up the radio, the GUI and the ACRE configuration in the menu all passed tests. No pipe errors and I was connected to the game at all times, according to my TS status text.

I checked if there was a key to switch blocks on the 343 without detaching the side, maybe it conflicted with another key binding. Nothing there. Also wouldn't explain why people couldn't hear me on direct. Regular TS in other channels and servers was flawless, my mic wasn't muted and Arma sounds played just fine. Everything also worked just fine when I respawned at the staging ground.

Only after the transfer to the AO did I bug out. It got me to thinking it might be something in the helicopters, but I have no idea how pilot intercom works and apparently, all others were all right.

Yesterday was the first time I've experienced an issue with the 343 radio.

Specifically, if Icy was using Caps Lock to talk to me on 343, it would cut out and all I'd hear was his Direct Speech.

We both have our radios on number buttons 1, 2 and 3, and when he used his 1 key, it always worked fine.

Issue persists on regular EU3, but only after the second AO of the session. Funnily enough, 152 worked just fine, 343 is the one giving the headaches.

We also had 152 problems at the beginning, solved (for me) by getting a new one from a full arsenal.

We also had 152 problems at the beginning, solved (for me) by getting a new one from a full arsenal.

343 worked for me after having swapped with Hatred, but bugged out again after ~5-10 minutes.

Edit: Did extensive testing (with no results) and eventually, desperately, fixed my particular issue with a full Arma 3 re-install. Corrupted file, wonky dependencies, no idea, but it's all right again.