Performance Issue "RESOLVED"

Not long after the Nexus update I have been suffering a serious performance issue playing on EU3 server. After connected into the game it lags so much that at some point I get a "Season lost" message and kicking me back to the server browser. Now, I have tried validating the cache, reinstalling the entire game including the repo addons as well but nothing has worked so far. Any suggestion for a possible fix to this issue would be greatly appreciate, also please don't tell me to upgrade my PC.

Currently running a Acer Aspire laptop on dual core i5. I have played on EU3 before and after the nexus update but I don't recall having any issue then, this was like a week or so after the update.

I'd make sure you have the requisite ports open for ArmA, and especially battleye as it does need to validate your connection. You might also find details about why your connection is dropping in your .rpt file.

-R

I'd make sure you have the requisite ports open for ArmA, and especially battleye as it does need to validate your connection. You might also find details about why your connection is dropping in your .rpt file.

-R

But I'm having performance issue not connection issue

Nah, this is actually really low FPS issue.

You get so low FPS, that it actually DCs you, because you cannot keep up with the server. My guess.

Sounds about right, I used to get "Season lost" when I lag to a certain level but the lag goes after after I rejoin.

"Lag" and "session lost" to me suggest internet connectivity issues.

My ping is in the green zone if that's what you're saying.

Just because you have a great ping doesn't mean to have a great connection - the server could be in the house next door to you (great ping) but you could have other programs or services on your computer chewing up the available bandwidth (like downloading video at the same time, for instance). I believe ArmA even shows you your average bandwidth, which could be another variable to check.

That said, Cellhawk's observations could also be correct, but there's not a lot you can do to fundamentally improve your fps that isn't a system upgrade of some kind, apart from lowering your detail level and distance settings.

When you say lag, do you mean low fps (stuttering) or desync?

-R

Just because you have a great ping doesn't mean to have a great connection - the server could be in the house next door to you (great ping) but you could have other programs or services on your computer chewing up the available bandwidth (like downloading video at the same time, for instance). I believe ArmA even shows you your average bandwidth, which could be another variable to check.

That said, Cellhawk's observations could also be correct, but there's not a lot you can do to fundamentally improve your fps that isn't a system upgrade of some kind, apart from lowering your detail level and distance settings.

When you say lag, do you mean low fps (stuttering) or desync?

-R

Barely getting 1fps, but seems to be fine on a non modded server.

Barely getting 1fps, but seems to be fine on a non modded server.

Cellhawk's correct, then - you're being booted because your client can't keep up with the server.

If you're fine in vanilla, then obviously it's a MOD.  Do you use just the standard EU3 modset or other custom MODs?  Blastcore can be CPU intensive.  You could also try disabling ALIVE as it's not needed for Gauntlet.

-R

i have seen a increase in fps since the update and driver updates. definitely sounds like a client side issue. 

It was fine even after the nexus update, and then I installed a new Nvidia GeForce driver update for BF4. I guess that may have been where the issue came from?

Cellhawk's correct, then - you're being booted because your client can't keep up with the server.

If you're fine in vanilla, then obviously it's a MOD.  Do you use just the standard EU3 modset or other custom MODs?  Blastcore can be CPU intensive.  You could also try disabling ALIVE as it's not needed for Gauntlet.

-R

I usually run with standard EU3 modset and blastcore phoenix and tracers. I have tried just running the game with the EU3 modset so none of the visual enhancement mods, but nothing has changed. I could try disabling ALiVE. I'll post an update of the result soon.

And I may have just fixed the issue...so I disabled Vsync, ALiVE and uninstalled a couple things from the system. Seems to be working fine now so I would say its resolved now, thank you for all the inputs people.