Ryko's Christmas present for 2015...

The rope throw looks amazing! I hope there's something you can do about the climbing animation instead of the fairly abrupt teleport. Maybe you can model the rope closer to the building and have it act as a ladder? I think we used to have heli's from which we used to rappel on EU3, not sure if that still works but it might be something to get inspiration from?

What I originally started out with was the idea of climbing the rope, but it's complicated.  I'm open to suggestions from coders on how to make a dynamic and invisible ladder.  The main problem is that I'm using the rope from the sling loading functionality of Arma and it's not a conventional object per se.  I will keep working on it, though; in an ideal world, you grab the rope and use your W/S (or whatever you have bound as forward / back) keys to move up and down the rope.

As for fast roping, it's funny, Take On Helicopters had a function built in for fast roping, which was removed in Arma III.  If I can find a way to get a player to be able to move directly up and down a sling-loading rope... then fast roping is not far behind!

-R

Looking amazing, love the throwing animation!

I do have a few questions:

1. Aren't some rooftops fall-through?
  2. Is this something that would fit the server's theme? Reformulating that, is that something the military would do?
  3. Have you been playing Rainbow Six Siege?
  4. Why is your voice so low?

Aren't some rooftops fall-through?

Possibly, though in my limited testing I haven't come across any.  I just got this thing working this consistently today. :)

Is this something that would fit the server's theme? Reformulating that, is that something the military would do?

It's a fair question.  I really starting going in this direction for a mission I'm working on, where there is a rifleman slot that has no special characteristics... ie., he has no particularly interesting function other than to carry a gun and back everyone up.  So I thought, why not make him a breacher-style class and give him a grappling hook?  Now he has something interesting he can do.  This page suggests that grappling hooks occupy a place in the US armed forces:

• Mil Grabbers can be found in the 101st, 82nd, and 509th Airborne; 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Infantry Divisions, 1st Cav. 10th Mountain Units
  • Designed to be used for entry and egress in a MOUT environment and also for trip wires, concertina and minfield cleaning
  • The Grabber or Bat Hook has been adopted into numerous Engineering Breaching Kits, every branch of the military, many Federal Agencies and a number of foreign militaries as well

... but then, they are trying to sell you one for $80.00

Have you been playing Rainbow Six Siege?

Nope, inspiration came pretty much solely from Project Reality BF2.

Why is your voice so low?

Cos I'm Canadian and I'm sexy.

-R