Tank Crew Slots in EU1

War_Melon123

Question

Me and my friends have been playing armour recently and were wondering why there were no tank crew slots. We would love to see tank crew. Maybe only the tank crew could be allowed to drive MBTs therefore there would be less armour crushing AI leaving the infantry useless. There are slots for Pilots but I think there needs to Tank Crew slots too. 

Post what you think in the comments  :) .

-James

post-4660-0-11566700-1449957268_thumb.jp

22 answers to this question

Hi War_Melon123. Are you thinking for the slots to be Commander, Gunner and Driver? I dont think that this will be inplemented though becuase it feel it works fine as it is now, but we will see where the thread goes. 

Chuck

Personally I think its fine as it is, as EU1 isn't the most tactial server anyway, it's nice that you can hop into a tank at your pleasure without being restricted, it works well though in EU3 as it is a tactical server and works well in that scenario.

We have cookies though!

quick FACT CHECK :

EU3 cookies

20100913_123639-Burned-Cookies.jpg

EU1 cookies

clowns-450x253.jpg

The facts,gentlemen,are on the  table - therefor ...

63036406.jpg

<<

<<

Uhm,on topic i agree with what the jobless english patient that plays to much GTA above me mentioned,no changes  or this kitten will die!

jane-burton-domestic-cat-3-week-ticked-t

You´ve been warned B)

Edited by TheScar

EU3 seems like a nice tactical place to settle my realism needs, but I don't want to download hundreds of mods to play it. If there is an unmodded realistic/ tactical server then - I am all ears. :D 

TBH I didn't expect a response like this. Seems like I will be coming here more often  :).

Although I mabye don't think it is needed, I would like this to implemented aswell, not only so 3 people are gonna be in the tank, but so that the whole server is aware that they have a tank to call support from and help reach areas. I also think, although unrealistic, the Slammer, Mora and Marshall should be liftable by the Huron and Mohawk.

EU3 seems like a nice tactical place to settle my realism needs

Mate, that's a challenge, especially when trying to use armored vehicles and mechanized infantry tactics when the vast majority of the players have no clue what any of it is. I'd stick with EU1 or something.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Xwatt" data-cid="30631" data-time="1449965559"><p>

Personally I think its fine as it is, as EU1 isn't the most tactical server anyway, it's nice that you can hop into a tank at your pleasure without being restricted.</p></blockquote>

+1

On that note, what happens if no one is using the slot?

What do we do when side mission rewards us with another MBT?

Mark

EU3 seems like a nice tactical place to settle my realism needs, but I don't want to download hundreds of mods to play it. If there is an unmodded realistic/ tactical server then - I am all ears. :D

TBH I didn't expect a response like this. Seems like I will be coming here more often  :).

Arma3Sync is all you need, the rest is pretty much done for you by it. It just adds up to quite a few Gigs you have to download.

About Tank Crew slots on EU1 and 2, it might encourage more tank usage, but I'm in doubt whether that's a positive or a negative thing.

(...) the slots to be Commander, Gunner and Driver (...) ?

I'd say ordinary "Tank Crew" slots, similar to "Pilot Slots" would be nice. We don't have co-pilot and helicopter crew slots either.

This, or we could introduce a rule for MBTs/APCs/IFVs or any other armored vehicle with turret to require at least 2 people as a crew.

I'd say ordinary "Tank Crew" slots, similar to "Pilot Slots" would be nice. We don't have co-pilot and helicopter crew slots either.

This, or we could introduce a rule for MBTs/APCs/IFVs or any other armored vehicle with turret to require at least 2 people as a crew.

Actually, with a little practice, it is possible to operate a Tank more effectively on your own than with pubs you don't know. simply adding more tanks to spawn could solve the problem

Actually, with a little practice, it is possible to operate a Tank more effectively on your own than with pubs you don't know. simply adding more tanks to spawn could solve the problem

Rather than adding more vehicles you could replace the (inferior) Mora and the (useless) Panther with another Marshall and/or Slammer, as they are more popular. Personally I'd really like to see at least two Marshalls spawning in base, as it's a vehicle I like to use but very often there's someone else using it.

I'm not sure how I feel about tank crew slots, there's pros and cons to it. Something that hasn't yet been mentioned is whether or not any of the tank crew slots will be able to use repair kits to repair the tank (or any other abilities like AT or medic). If not then that'd be a pretty big nerf to anyone using tanks. 

Rather than adding more vehicles you could replace the (inferior) Mora and the (useless) Panther with another Marshall and/or Slammer, as they are more popular. Personally I'd really like to see at least two Marshalls spawning in base, as it's a vehicle I like to use but very often there's someone else using it.

Frankly, I find Mora good enough to stay. Panther should be indeed replaced. It is really inferior to any vehicle available and a lot of people confuse it for Bobcat, thinking they can repair vehicles with it.

Adding more vehicles wouldn't work either, that would be just too OP.

I do not think making special slots where only those people would be allowed to drive heavy vehicles is good idea for EU1/2. It would be too inflexible.

But there is one think that if possible could be good:

making it so, that vehicle could not be driven (engine automaticaly stops) if there are not at least 2 people on-board.

heavy vehicles are so much more effective when there is at least driver+gunner, but often someone just hops in and drive away solo, not even trying to advertise that he/she is looking for a crew.

But there is one think that if possible could be good:

making it so, that vehicle could not be driven (engine automaticaly stops) if there are not at least 2 people on-board.

would be nice to motivate a little more teamplay ;)

I agree with you that the panther is complete and utter shit, but just popping in another slammer and marshall would be boring to everyone because it would just be "oh two more OP vehicles standing on a hill 1km out sniping everything". The only infantry needed would be guys clearing the towns because the vehicles have cleared the AO in 2 mins