Okay gunna update.

Though the Fatigue system has a few flaws, it is indeed mostly accurate.

The weight x fatigue is a little odd for which how long you can run with a certain amount of weights but overall it it like I said mostly accurate.

Like 80% of my loadouts have okay weight but stuff like MMG / MAT / HAT are gunna be tough seeing as you will have to drop most your shit at the combat zone which will most likely get lost or despawned.

Like others have said, others need to cut back, particularly new players that haven't been around very long, the patrol ops players know whats up though.

A top tip from me: Carry what your vest shows and medical wise, carry 4 Basic, 2 packing, 1 morphine and 1 tourniquet, this leads to better teamplay from medics and other players having to help patch others up and for those that only have like 6+1 magazines will actually have to resort to mag sharing with others in long firefights. Although i'm getting off topic and I know for a fact people won't do this and rather be a 1 man army medic with backpacks of ammo but lel one can dream. 

Seems pretty realistic to me.

B)

Seriously though, my loadouts rarely exceed 25Kg. Everyone needs to cut back on what junk they carry. Fair enough, MAT/HAT are always going to be overburdened, but they always have the option of taking a vehicle to re-supply from.

Seems pretty realistic to me.

B)

Seriously though, my loadouts rarely exceed 25Kg. Everyone needs to cut back on what junk they carry. Fair enough, MAT/HAT are always going to be overburdened, but they always have the option of taking a vehicle to re-supply from.

Not really, I carry what a Marine carries.

30kg is the average carry weight for a marine, possibly more dependent on their personal weight. It is definitely incorrect.

I dunno.  50kg = 110lbs (which is a MAT loadout I have, essentially all the trimmings plus 2 HEAT and 2 HE rockets as reloads).  The new system rewards the regular trot but punishes the sprint on excess weight: 45kg is the upper limit, where you immediately become fatigued and can't sprint.  I appreciate what they're trying to do but I think it shouldn't be a linear scale, rather an exponential one; there is always some capacity to sprint, even for a short distance while carrying a heavy load.

What I do like about this is that it forces MAT (and everyone, for that matter) to consider their loads more carefully: the penalty on stamina is much more prominent.  I think if it were somewhere between the 1.52 model and the 1.54 model, I'd be happy.  I'd like to be able to sprint for more than 10 seconds with a 38 kg loadout.

Or how about I put it this way: what should the sprint model be for a 110-lb weight?  Carrying a 110-lb load around in a walking, long-term endurance situation is one thing, but consistently running with it?  That is quite another.  The game assumes a fit soldier, but not a super-soldier.

-R

If you think about it, don't they drop backpacks containing a fair amount of weight when entering a firefight? return to backpack to grab ammunition (or rockets/missiles in this case)?

Another question is, how much do we want this to be a simulator vs game. In our public stomping grounds i'm guessing stamina will be turned off as they are not really aiming at a full on simulation, what are our goals for eu3? Do we really want an accurate as plausible simulation or do we want to tone it down a little for gameplay?

It's a good question, Raz.  I'd say a fair level of realism but with a balanced amount of game play.  For example I understand that the vanilla damage walking bug is not actually a bug but a feature of advanced medical: if you take enough damage to your legs, they are broken and you can't run.  But that just turns off the fun level as walking everywhere is awful, and I'm sure there could be workarounds that you could at least hobble a bit faster than is currently possible: so in that case, as long as there was a way to fix up the legs through medicking I'm fine with that departure from reality.

-R

The primary issue affecting public server play is that over-encumbrance = forced walk. Once the white bar in your inventory interface is full, you'll be forced walk. Most pubbies carry the kitchen around with them (avg loadout on my server is 37kg), and some weapons like the Navid / MMG command 50% of the inventory capacity on their own.

Gone are the days of Navid + Launcher + Carryall + 7 mags of MG ammo + Ghillie + heavy vest rig.

And I for one, am glad :)

Unfortunately the proponents of those loadouts may just choose to disconnect instead of adapt.

Working as intended  Problem most people run around with far to much gear 

And yes while this is a hassle for MAT HAT its something i think we have to adapt to

And also Mini while yes a marine or a airborne trooper might carry up to 70 KG of gear they only do that while moving around not while in combat and never sprinting-running

If you think about it, don't they drop backpacks containing a fair amount of weight when entering a firefight? return to backpack to grab ammunition (or rockets/missiles in this case)?

If we drop our bags they'll just despawned before we go back to get them  :unsure:.

as long as there was a way to fix up the legs through medicking I'm fine with that departure from reality.

me-dicking? med-icking? dicking.. O.o

Just checked the Stamina myself 

and the only thing i noticed is for HAT gunner and ammo bearer can only carry 1 missile which tbh they should not have to carry more 

MAT the gunner only carries the launcher and 1 missle while your ammo bearer carries the rest 

MMG needs to pick there weapons carefully Higher caliber means less ammo 

TBH i agree with these changes and see nothing broken with it because its decently close to the RL 

So yeah new HAT load out kinda is easy 

gunner

some medical stuff 

2 smokes 

1 grenade

5-7 mag's for personal gun 

1-2 mag handgun

1 javelin in the tube

Ammo bearer

some medical stuff 

2 smokes 

1 grenade

1-2 mag handgun

1-2 javelin in back pack

yes you will be near the 40kg  but on the other hand you should not be in the front line so you dont realy have to srpint

MAT

gunner

some medical stuff 

2 smokes 

1 grenade

1-2 mag handgun

1 heat in the launcher

Ammo bearer

some medical stuff 

2 smokes 

1 grenade

1-2 mag handgun

1-7 missiles in back pack

same on the weight but also same on distance tbh 

MMG 

Realy depends on weaponsystem you take the bigger the gun the smaller amount off ammo you can take

Seems like the best choice would be to carry the deployable stationary AT weapon, think those had significant ammunition count and isn't as heavy.

Also, this is why i prefer carry the RPG-26, cause its small and lightest of the basic rocket launchers + looks like the LAW launcher.

this is why i prefer carry the RPG-26, cause its small and lightest of the basic rocket launchers + looks like the LAW launcher.

100% this. I've not used it in the past because it's an OPFOR weapon, but I believe we should make an exception. It's a great little launcher for anything but modern MBTs, it's lightweight, and it's the closest thing to the M72 LAW that we have available. I believe we were equipped with it in the Panthera Gamenight Op a couple of weeks back.

With regards to MAT/HAT etc, I still believe that vehicle transit should be used more frequently for those teams. That, and having a full team carrying extra ammunition while the gunner carries the loaded launcher, would enable them to bring with them exactly the equipment they require.

My current rifleman loadout consists of the following:

M4A1 w/ ACOG & Flashlight

Glock 19

Lightweight Vest :

4x 5.56 STANAG mags

2x Glock mags

1x Frag

1x M84 Stun

1x White Smoke

1x IR Strobe

1x IR Grenade

5x basic bandages

2x Morphine

1x Epinephrine

1x Tourniquet

1x Earplugs

1x Maglight

1x NVGs

1x Wool hat

1x Glasses

1x Radio (5km)

1x GPS

All of this comes to between 16 and 17 KG. I rarely run out of ammo in an AO, and if I do, it's STANAG. It's easy enough to come by from Humvees or friendlies.

For me, this is still too heavy; I often take even less than this. I dislike using helmets and such, but will do so if I'm asked to by SL/PLC.

The best thing to do is to get into Arsenal with your EU3 mods enabled, and just experiment. Try and keep your weight as low as possible, while still carrying what you need. It took me all of 5 minutes when I first joined EU3 to realise that my EU1 loadouts wouldn't work, due to the weight and realism limitations. 

As a side note, I just took Shadow Knight's LMG loadout and remade it for him. I managed to strip 25KG off his kit, that was wasted on entirely useless items. It weighed 54KG before I started. If a lot of people are carrying that much weight, I'm honestly not surprised they're experiencing fatigue issues.

EDIT: Decided to do some testing in Arsenal. My loadout above can be carried while sprinting at full pace for 200m. That's 200m, sprinting. Not running. It's rare you'd need to sprint that far on any map, unless you're out in the open somewhere - in which case you're doing it wrong. I also made a MAT Gunner loadout, which was the above with one less M4 mag, and a loaded MAAWS. That came to 25Kg. That's perfectly usable. The MAT Assistant, I gave a kitbag, containing three missiles. That came to 29.5Kg, which is a little over what I'd prefer. Both of those are able to sprint for 125m. Add that to the MAT SL, who can carry perhaps an additional one or two (allowing for his radio), and you've got a good amount of missiles; If you're encountering more armoured targets than 6 missiles (one in launcher, three on carrier, two on SL) can take out, you should really be calling for CAS.

Any injury that would require you to RTB is, in my opinion, beyond the scope of what Arma and Arma mods should aim for. What'd be next, paperwork after an op?

If it can't be fixed in the field, you may as well be dead. Which is also why most games just kill you in those situations.

I have no doubt most of you will be painfully aware that I consider most EU#3 players in need of a gear trim-down. This forces them to. I embrace it with open arms :)

Well this my excuse for spending another few hours in the Virtual Arsenal, excuse me.

Will likely do the same. I just wish there was a way (that I knew of) to organize your saved loadouts list by dragging-and-dropping for instance.