"Damage Models"

Hey, just wanna see if I can clarify some things here.

So, a lately, it seems that it is becoming more and more tough to drop enemies when really, it shouldn't be, and that we usually get dropped instantly from AK rounds.

Yesterday, I shot a insurgent on Fallujah in the head with a M16A4, this caused him to go unconcious, fair enough, the 5.56 round was designed to wound and it may have gone through a cheek or some shiz. However, when I went to finish him off, I found that it took around 7-10 rounds of 5.56 to the torso to kill him. This is insurgents we're talking about here too, guys with little to no armor.

I've found before that with my shooting, i'm capable of dropping an insurgent or Russian with 2-4 shots of 5.56 to the chest area, as that is where I aim all the time. But a lately, I don't get the results that I did.

I don't know if something has been messed around with or something but to be honest, I much prefer being able to kill them easier if they at least get the realism of being able to kill us easily. I know body armor advances these days are good but for god sake they only do so much. One really does not simply walk away from a few 5.56 rounds to the chest, even if it doesn't go through the armor, it's still gunna knock em on their ass and send em to sleep.

Dunno if anyone else has got any BS like this a lately but it really grinds my gears when bullets don't do their job.

At this rate i'm gunna have to go SEAL Team 52 and take a goddamn 7.62 rifle with a suppressor like some of the others...

Once again, if something has been tinkered with or something it would be nice to know, because I really have never had to shoot this much before.

I gather there are a lot of things at play here, from RHS weapons implementation, ACE damage effects, and the way ARMA handles damage.  This is all going to get mucked about again when Bohemia releases the 1.54 branch (Nexus) of Arma (it was supposed to be today), and invariably, ACE and RHS are going to crap out and need to get updated.  So the short answer is that everything is a bit funky right now, but it should get ironed out in the next few weeks.

My hope is that part of this renovation will be ACE finally fixing the boolean which allows mission makers to enable or disable the broken leg "feature" (ie., the vanilla damage walking bug).  Technically there's a switch in there ("Remove Bloodstains") which should allow this, but right now it doesn't work.

-R

There is an issue with RHS (and some other units) due to the hit points not setup correctly, hence they become bullet sponges on some parts of the body.

With Nexus update (1.54) I`ve been told they are changing the hit points again, hence it will be even more broke until modmakers update the mods.

Now that you mention it, I have a feeling that a range coefficient might be borked as well. At ranges from 20 to 50 metres, 5.56 does its job as expected, and considering fall-off on greater ranges like 300-500 metres, 5.56 still works as expected. But in between these, I've noticed that it's not simulated as reliably.

I even tested it in the virtual arsenal with an M16, M4 and SCAR-L, same ammo types, ranges as described.

Any unarmoured target above 100 metres but below 300 metres away takes an average of four more bullets to the chest than the same target at twice the distance. Quite counter-intuitive if you ask me.

But of course I have no idea how ballistics are calculated in Arma or ACE, or if it's a bug specific to a certain ammo type.

Joke: Now all I'm seeing is @Minipily going around bodies with Desert Eagle to make sure they are actually dead. :). Maybe because of our absence on EU#3, they've managed to get their hands on supplies and better armament? It's all about story and immersive plays. No wonder server greets you with "Play your role." ;)

Idea: If Takistaniis manage to smuggle a cargo trucks (undisclosed mission) they can have better equipment on the next AO.

Joke: Now all I'm seeing is @Minipily going around bodies with Desert Eagle to make sure they are actually dead. :). Maybe because of our absence on EU#3, they've managed to get their hands on supplies and better armament? It's all about story and immersive plays. No wonder server greets you with "Play your role." ;)

Idea: If Takistaniis manage to smuggle a cargo trucks (undisclosed mission) they can have better equipment on the next AO.

Not gunna lie, the amount of times i've had to grab my Beretta or P226 and execute a unconscious guy is pretty darn high.