ACE_dll issues with my antivirus

papalazarou

Hi all,

I had an issue this morning where my antivirus has quarantined a number of Ace_dll's thinking they are malware.  I assume this is an issue with the files looking like virus' but not being so, and thought I should check with the community to see if anyone has come across a similar issue before I un-quarantine them.

The files are: -

ace_medical.dll

ace_fcs.dll

ace_break_line.dll

ace_advanced_ballistics.dll

Thanks,

Jamie.

I've had this problem a couple of times where battle-eye wasn't functioning optimally.

Try and make your Arma3Sync - Launcher options look like this:

a62924f150c10ef942b419cbb420cde2.png

96814008269349d81e7fb7a71ca0b1d6.png

Click on image to enlarge

Afterwards I'd recommend you launch the vanilla game once, just to make sure you 'force' battle-eye to update.

Check this page in the Arma 3 (vanilla) launcher for further info on it's status whilst launching:

5a34c4fd488546224e1c1ec1c15a1d13.jpg

If any further problems occur, feel free to post again :-) | or simply join the Teamspeak server (ts.ahoyworld.co.uk),  which would make me and a fair few other staff members and field ambassadors able to help you somewhat more interactively.

They are not malware or anything, some anti-virus programs see them as "faulty" due to having a lot of code in it, where usually viruses can hide. If you program anti-virus database is seing ACE DLL files as malware ones, nothing we can do.

You can safely un-quarantine them (if you gotten those files from out repo, IF NOT, I can`t guarantee they actually aren`t viruses). Before doing that, you have to add the files into your exclusions (defines which files you antivirus isn`t checking). Again, if you didn`t get those files from our repo, remove them and download them from it.

Can you share which anti-virus program are you using? I might be able to help you a bit more.

Thank you both for your replies. I am using Bullguard A/V. I did download the files from yourselves directly, so I know they are safe. I shall download them again, that would probably be easiest as I do not know how to un-quarantine them (now they are quarantined).

EDIT: Don't worry, I have located the quarantine area and un-quarantined them, I have also added the 2 1 params thing as I forgot about that during install of Arma3Sync. Thanks both!