AhoyWorld Summer Meetup 2016!

David

I've had a bit of a recon of the area and without accomodation there are a few decent bushes suitable in the areas around the park

the best 2 prime locations are as follows 

First area marked HERE in below has ample supply of food from the local berry yielding shrubs

The Second Area marked DOWN HERE in below is more secluded but comes at a price as it is closer to the public lavatories

Dear Dingo,

The recon you did must be more as 1 year ago. Most of the bushes are gone by now and the parkinglot has been upgraded. I can see the old tarmac on the photo, the new layer is darker and with more gravel. 

However, the childrens farm is still open so i think there must be some room with the goats, donkeys or pigs (the rabbits are quite agressive). The other option is to sleep with the white storks on about 10m altitude.

The nearest bus-stop to the park is a 10-15 minute walk from the park.

• 2 months later...

I think this is a great inintiative! :) i once did this when i was in a clan the time i used to play Americas Army and it wasnt awkward at all, very fun to paintball without any screen in between and it really improved the quality of communications, friendship and gameplay!

I can't tell for sure if i'm going to make it since i probably have a visit from my 3year old sun then but maybe i can arrange to attend at least one day.

I live in belgium so its not that far to drive for one day ;)

@ David, Great job! i hope many people will attend.

The exact cost for the individual events have yet to be finalised, paintballing we're looking at around €75 per person, barbecue included and 600 balls each to go over 5 hours. The exact cost will vary unless you make our 8th and the amount of balls we go in for will vary on the numbers who decide to turn up on the day.

Edit: using sup3r l33t h4x I've managed to work out cost per person (I think). Each person receives at minimum 20 30 round equivalents.

8 £77.50

9 £85.83

10 £82.50

11 £79.77

12 £77.50

13 £83.27

14 £81.07

15 £79.17

16 £77.50

17 £81.91

18 £80.28

19 £78.82

20 £77.50

Edit 2: it's not pounds it's euros.

Holy shit, paintball over there is really expensive... Tbh, I'd be much more interested in the saturday activities.

Edit: I just looked up travel information from my place to there. It's 4:22 hours and the bus there is a really shit one. I'll see if I can arrange something with people who live near me for perhaps a roadtrip there.

Holy shit, paintball over there is really expensive... Tbh, I'd be much more interested in the saturday activities.

Edit: I just looked up travel information from my place to there. It's 4:22 hours and the bus there is a really shit one. I'll see if I can arrange something with people who live near me for perhaps a roadtrip there.

I believe we have someone travelling from Belgium, not for just 1 day though.

The original price would be lower but we weren't naive to think 100 balls would last 5 hours, so 600< each should be more achievable yet more expensive.

• 3 months later...

Really was thinking about signing up for this last minute but i broke my hip few weeks ago. Learning too walk again atm so paintballing and karting are impossible for me right now. Offcourse drinking lots of beer is always an option but I think I will attend next year , just too be safe ;-p

25 minutes ago, Eagle-Eye said:

I know I'm new here, but would I be allowed to join Sunday's event? I'm coming from Belgium (Ostend region) and if need be, I can pick up a few guys on the way there.

You can if you want, although you'll need to front the money yourself to attend. There is a free space for the whole weekend already paid for, if it's still available on the day you could use that I suppose.