Suggested add-on: Chernarus Winter

400 to 600 meters or milimeters ;). I know your a good enough of a player to know your pretty much ineffective at that range, and that we usually do about 300 meters silly :P.

I think we should indeed try before we kill the idea!

im not sure about you but i expect my fire-team to be effective up to 750 meters (perfectly acceptable for most people)

@GhostDragon

What I meant was actual killing, not suppressing with m4's. But people tend to use loads of 762 weapons and stronger weapons as m4 replacements nowadays anyway so you can start "suppressing and killing" from way further.

I guess im just stuck in the earlier days XD. As to the map I will keep looking out for a Christmas themed Gamenight so if you see anything plausible make sure to link it to me!

@GhostDragon

What I meant was actual killing, not suppressing with m4's. But people tend to use loads of 762 weapons and stronger weapons as m4 replacements nowadays anyway so you can start "suppressing and killing" from way further.

I guess im just stuck in the earlier days XD. As to the map I will keep looking out for a Christmas themed Gamenight so if you see anything plausible make sure to link it to me!

please tell me you can hit a target that is 600/700m away with a m4 or your preferred rifle because i worry for you if not. 

These are the ranges that i work on when i am playing any more than these and its a hold fire, less depends on ROE:

one man: effective range= 600m-650m 

fire-team = 750m-800m (lmg should be able to suppress to 1000m)

These are maximum effective ranges that i expect people to fire at, anything more than 650 i will assess the situation before issuing the command to fire. 

I can confirm the LMG 1000m. The MRCO scope makes it really easy, as it shows range up to 1 click. 2D one, which can be zoomed in more than the original one, shows up to 800 in zoom, being more precise. Easy life of an LMG gunner. I love the role.

Anyway, we went off-topic a lot.

How do admins see it? Will it be possible to have winter map any soon?

These are the ranges that i work on when i am playing any more than these and its a hold fire, less depends on ROE:

one man: effective range= 600m-650m 

fire-team = 750m-800m (lmg should be able to suppress to 1000m)

These are maximum effective ranges that i expect people to fire at, anything more than 650 i will assess the situation before issuing the command to fire. 

You're mad... For the sake of realistic load-outs and realistic ammo amounts I never let my fireteam engage targets beyond 400-500 meters unless absolutely necessary! 650 is possible but you'll be chewing up so much ammo to wipe out a simple fireteam...

You're mad... For the sake of realistic load-outs and realistic ammo amounts I never let my fireteam engage targets beyond 400-500 meters unless absolutely necessary! 650 is possible but you'll be chewing up so much ammo to wipe out a simple fireteam...

read the last sentence, i said as much.