Ahoy, AhoyWorld!

mechE

Hey guys,

I go by mechE ("meck-E") in your ArmA EU/US servers, and just got back heavily into the game a couple months ago when I did another significant rig upgrade. I have been playing regularly on your EU1/2 servers for the last few weeks, and couldn't get away after watching some of Luetin's videos. Getting back into ArmA 3 I started over on the JSOC servers, and had a lot of fun learning to be a squad lead (trial by fire!), and was looking for a change of scenery and mission design.

A bit about myself: I work full time doing mechanical design, and therefore mostly play late nights. My favorite in-game roles are AT and marksman/autorifleman, though I frequently fill in as a medic and do some squad leading. I love casual play just as much as tactical, and hope to make myself a regular on EU3 game nights sometime soon.

That said, I had an absolute BLAST last Friday night leading a squad around through Luetin's first mission with my brother, and look forward to many more of the same! The relaxed attitude paired with being able to effectively organize public players into a squad was excellent. Ended up getting completely annihilated by some artillery meant for some campers after reviewing the twitch recording, in addition to confirming our suspicions that we were taking friendly fire (edit: none that ended up causing us casualties)... but man was that hilarious.

Looking forward to seeing you guys around on the forums/servers/TS,

mechE

Welcome Meche, I look forward to seeing you on our servers and Joining us on our teamspeak if you have not already! (ts.ahoyworld.co.uk)

Also here is soemthing for you to consider - If you want to play a bit more tactically then join us on  EU#3 Its a seriously modded server and IMO give some really cool game play, look forward to seeing you on the servers!

Here are some threads to help you joining EU#3 - IF you decide to!

http://www.ahoyworld...-modded-addons/ - How to download the mods required

http://www.ahoyworld...e-basic-guides/ - The basics of EU3 Gameplay 

Yep, thanks Rave! Started working on getting those mods together last week (I prefer the old fashioned manual way with the new launcher), and just have to fix a couple little things before I'm ready to go on EU 3. I was really starting to miss JSRS and ShackTac since they were not implemented on a couple other servers I was playing... excited to see those on the list. Next up is to educate myself on the medic and radio systems you guys use on 3.

Other than the tactical EU3, I've seen some talk about Exile on EU5 and hope to see some of you guys there as well! Played a little so far on one of the ADK Exile servers, but would definitely consider myself an Exile noob in comparison to milsim gameplay.

Thanks, Storm! Read through those and they were pretty helpful--I think until I experience it for myself, I'll leave the voodoo healing to the pros while I stick to getting shot... they have to have something to do, right?  :P Also, was not aware that HuntIR existed until reading that post. Pretty awesome tool for SLs. You guys ever consider allowing medics access to the grenade purely for 3GL smoke rounds? I imagine the difficult part about that would be enforcement, however responsible a medic is supposed to be.

Got my mods ready to go for EU3 last night, hoping to have time to attend this Sunday's game night. Don't want to reserve a spot just yet until I know for a fact I can carve out a good 4 hours--though being at GMT -5:00 definitely helps my situation. I can get my ArmA in early on my favorite EU servers on the weekends and not be in (too much) trouble with that woman I keep around.  :lol: Only downside is the Atlantic Ocean ensures my ping never drops below 100ms when I play with you guys...

Sad news about the exile server, but I guess that just means I won't have to start fresh acquiring equipment again. Just had my ATV stolen/destroyed the other day though haha. RIP Red.