New Mic

I've owned the Blue Yeti, and it's a lovely mic for it's sound, however it's alo terrible for picking up every noise in the room as well; if you have a mech keyboard it will pick it up, not to mention other ambient noises. Other issue is mounting it on a boom, you can only use a Blue Radius shockmount, and those are stupidly expensive and a bit crap.

I now have a Rode Podcaster and I miss the depth of sound from the Yeti, but I get a lot less ambient noise, it mounts easy and shockmounts are cheaper.

I've heard good things about the Snowball but havent used one.

I've been on the receiving end of voice captured by both the Yeti and the Snowball. Both are great mics, I know a few guys who use them to record podcasts.

That said, if all you intend to use it for is gaming, it will be HUGE overkill. Definetely recommend you stick to a good pair of headphones with a built in mic if that's the case.

me personally if it is just for gaming, a standard headset microphone does the job.
Definetely recommend you stick to a good pair of headphones with a built in mic if that's the case.

Probably should've stated that I'm not a fan of those types of headsets.

That said, if all you intend to use it for is gaming, it will be HUGE overkill.

Overkill's not bad thing ;).