Arma 3 Guide - Defense

Minipily

So Dslyecxi has made another community guide, this time on easily one of my favourite subjects in battle; Defense.

Definitely worth a watch, especially if you play on EU3 as I see a lot of these tactics not being used when they are viable.

"Make it too tough for the enemy to get in and you can't get out"

What really bugs me is the lacking usage of deployable weapons, when they are perfectly viable in every operation.

There are so many roles in a squad that simply do not require the use of a backpack.

@Mini; you're right about not putting good and viable techniques to use. Feel free to teach them  ;)

--

@Jux

You mean deployables like the Mk2 (Which would probably be distributed to a HMG squad  if we had one) or a deployable Mk19 rofl?

I don't really feel like they are a necessity when defending. Especially not on the BLUFOR side.

By the way, if you really want to put a HMG to use, hop on Al'Rayak whenever it's on - those Russians have got a HMG team.

The HMG easily kills a Humvee with a couple of shots. Guessing RHS armor values are truly broken.

By the way, if you really want to put a HMG to use, hop on Al'Rayak whenever it's on - those Russians have got a HMG team.

The HMG easily kills a Humvee with a couple of shots. Guessing RHS armor values are truly broken.

seems about right the RHS HMMVV is not armored so .50 will kill it quick

Deployable 50,cal is reasonable equipment for a squad, operated by the autorifleman + assist. autorifleman.

Here, no specialized squad would carry such equipment around cause of the powerful mobile weaponry

they currently carry on their backs and i think that is the benefit of being specialized squad.