Force PTT in all EU#3 TS Channels?

23 members have voted

1. 1. Force PTT on all EU#3 TS channels.

• Yes, please.
    • Undecided.
    • Please, no.

I've noticed an increase in Hotmic's related to Voice Activation and the people who use it.

Personally, I find the sound of people chewing crisps through a microphone to be unpleasant, in the same sense, if not scale, as nails on a chalkboard.

Moreover, many people on Voice Activation, perhaps unintentionally, contribute to disorder on EU#3. I'd think anyone who ever ran Platt. Com. will have had issues with contagious laughing and joking around.

I believe this might be curbed by forcing PTT on all users in the EU#3 TS Channels; therefore this post.

I expect this will be a controversial issue. Post your thoughts below. :)

Guest DwayneBrooklyn

I get where your coming from and feel you bro when it comes to those who hotmic, but having been set to PTT before now I can say it's a real pain. I think the best solution is simply to have a dedicated EU#3 moderator on station for as much as possible. It seems a laborious task to perform but it would be worth it.

(P.S. Ahoy admins, if you need a guy who has nothing better to do than this 24/7, I'm your man!)

I get where your coming from and feel you bro when it comes to those who hotmic, but having been set to PTT before now I can say it's a real pain. I think the best solution is simply to have a dedicated EU#3 moderator on station for as much as possible. It seems a laborious task to perform but it would be worth it.

(P.S. Ahoy admins, if you need a guy who has nothing better to do than this 24/7, I'm your man!)

Case by case basis - and EU#3 mods and AND admins are on most of the time.

With the local voice settings on eu3 I believe the voice detection setting to be the best if the user has a clear microphone. This allows the people around the user to communicate easily and quickly without the press of a button. It also allows for extra reactions to gameplay, you wouldn't normally hear if push to talk was on. 

Yet I do agree with you with the unpleasant sounds of people eating or with a really loud fan etc. (E.g Me) Hence why i'm on push to talk. 

I personally believe specific targeting of individuals who do this and from here on out a faster ptt force on these people is a far better lean way for both parties than takin away someone's freedom of the ptt button pressing. Its not fair for those who use it responsibly. First tackle the problem with the resources available. If that doesn't work we can look at the problem again. (my opinion)

Small Tip: Are you in a briefing and your not talking yourself? Almost every "modern mic" has a build-in mute button. Use that sucker! Its a big help!