General Census: Force loadouts, remove Arsenal.

Remove Arsenal from EU3  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Remove Arsenal for default loadouts

• No - Keep it as is
    • Yes - Adjust the current loadouts
    • Yes - Current loadouts
    • I don't care
    • Fixed uniforms - Choice of weapons

Not exactly. If there's only say a 4 man alpha squad online and the AO is 10km+ from the base, then people are gonna fly a heli even when they're not Vortex. Yes it's rule breaking but it's also a matter of digression and a bit of common sense. Again the same thing if there's no medics online, you need to carry some meds yourself. I'm sure you get where I'm coming from?

This is going offtopic. My last comment on any rules. Rule 8 states:

• Pilots must be authorized to use Jets/CAS:
    • Pilots should not get into jets/helicopters unless told to by Command elements. With the priority being set to transport. This also includes Logi (Which is not a transport helicopter). With no more than 1 pilot team for every 8 ground troops. Co-Pilots are not allowed to fly on their own since they are co-pilots and should always fly with their corresponding pilot. Unless your pilot authorizes you otherwise or if he is wounded or KIA, you are not supposed to be in control of the aircraft

I've marked the important ones. The rules are administrative document. Bending them introduces problems. Administrative documents and Law explaination documents should be followed.

In addition to pilots: Pilots are not allowed to fly over the AO (this also counts on EU#1) Imagine you are playing real PVP. Even if the AO is cleared. You can't be exactly sure if everybody is completely dead. One RPG and whole EVAC point can go sideways. Ambient AI can spawn and you endanger whole mission.

I'm more of liking to drive that 10km with extreme caution for my buddies inside transport vehicle and encounter Ambient AI (Experiencing the REAL Gauntlet) and have that kind of fun than rush on AO complete it, go RTB and then what? Try surviving that 10km ride, go on the AO. secure LZ point (Pilot joins the server). Se how glad you'll be seeing your friendly team thanking you for securing safe flight for them to the AO. If you want Recon team... that would be it.

Seeing as how many of us are playing dressup at the arsenal, it must be a important feature to have for most of us.

It would seem to me that removing the ability would lower the attendance at the EU#3 server.

Maybe you can remove or restrict the arsenal on some missions, but not all.

Is it possible to program the server to load more strict missions on the peak hours and lowering the mission rules on the periods that fewer people play..?

Guest DwayneBrooklyn
I'm more of liking to drive that 10km with extreme caution for my buddies inside transport vehicle and encounter Ambient AI (Experiencing the REAL Gauntlet) and have that kind of fun than rush on AO complete it, go RTB and then what? Try surviving that 10km ride, go on the AO. secure LZ point (Pilot joins the server). Se how glad you'll be seeing your friendly team thanking you for securing safe flight for them to the AO. If you want Recon team... that would be it.

In the situation I was describing (4 people online), using a helicopter doesn't decrease the mission time. Having less people online increases the overall mission time, the helicopter may reduce it but it will still remain far longer than your bog standard session. Just the other night there was a handful of us on the map in which you play as the Russians, we used a chopper in the way described and the AO was never even completed. There just wasn't enough of us to win the battle. But returning to my point, we were dying so often that driving back to the AO just wasn't in our interests. Flying there made it quicker and was a lot more enjoyable. 

Seeing as how many of us are playing dressup at the arsenal, it must be a important feature to have for most of us.

It would seem to me that removing the ability would lower the attendance at the EU#3 server.

100% agree with this. We have to remember that the opinions within this thread (and the whole forum to a degree) don't necessarily reflect the opinions of every player. Not everyone who plays the server is a member of this forum. I would argue if you held a poll (somehow) within the server and got everyone to vote, the majority would vote for the Arsenal to remain in it's current state. 

Evem though I personally agree and disagree with many of you it's nice to see the community reflect on their wishes in such a big scale

Huuray freedom of speech!

As for Dwaynes statement about a "server vote" and guessing the outcome he is completely right imo, hoewever;

EU#3 Is a step up in cohesion, teamplay, communication and coordination from EU#1.But I can assure you that 75%+ of players are originated from a eu1 environment(including me!), and they wanted something more which eu3 delivers. Dont forget the roots! It is of course different per player what that amount of "more" is.

F.e :I like a more mill-sim like environment but I understand that many of you don't. The same goes for gear choosing.

As some of you stated I think the best solution is indeed to try it out on key times, but with different options and variations to pick from. The honest truth is ;

Do you want to go ham on your dress-up? Go to the other server. You will always have restrictions here. Mabey not set in stone, but verbally always. I believe theres a lean way.

Personally i like that arsenal is in game. 

However i think locking it down does make sense, maybe if it could have basic items in and allow dedicated players to play dress up and create loadouts that are personalised outside of the server and load them up in game. 

this is because i like the customised feel and the option to run guns i like for whatever reason that may be, experiance using them IRL or just aesthetic pleasure. but i also feel it can be annoying when playing and there is a group of 15+ guys messing about because they had no idea about the new weapon had been added. 

So i would suggest keeping it but have it more as a place to load arsenal loadouts that have been created outside the server. 

I always load my presets, and I always run the same guns, so I don't really care if I can't change those. I'd prefer to keep uniforms selectable though, as on occasion I have been asked to change uniform to match others.

Given that different maps might promt different uniform choices, if I were not able to change uniforms in-server, I'd need to make loadouts for each map, with the camo being the only difference, something which would surely serve to annoy in the long run.

Perhaps we just have Gauntlet (Fixed loadouts) and Gauntlet (Virtual Arsenal) as selectable missions?  Right now it's the users who decide the missions that get played (unless we have an admin on) so when an admin isn't around, democracy could decide.  I think the Virtual Arsenal is great when you have a smaller base of players, so you can fine tune what you need, but when you have 20+ players it could help to get the mission moving by just having fixed loadouts.

-R

The biggest issue that sparked the discussion is the people needlessly dressing up as Barbie and Ken for every AO. However, I'd think gameplay would be much more enjoyable if people would actually select load-outs that made sense. I've gone back from 12 mags to 6-7 per AO, if it's a big op I carry some extra mags in my backpack (if I have a backpack) to hand out to teammates who run dry, but it's not my personal primary ammo. I do however prefer to carry an extra grenade and a few simple smokes, which I tend to keep to white for regular riflemen, but as a medic/TL/PLT/SL I carry some coloured ones as those are roles that may have to mark certain objectives. I'm however guilty of adding some extra bandages to my load-out simply because sometimes medics aren't coordinated well enough between fireteams or squads, or generally squad mates who just walk by you as you are bleeding out...

And what if Arsenal would only offer choices that make sense with given roles? Limit uniforms, weapons, magazines, and even backpacks. You can't keep a rifleman from getting a shit ton of medical supply, but if he is limited in backpack selection, he will have to carry less ammo to do that.

I think it would be a way to still give everyone some freedom in choosing their loadouts, while making sure everyone stays somewhat in their roles.