How did you guys find out about AhoyWorld?

Chuck

Obviously Luetin!

The first time I actually got Arma 3 was on a laptop which could barely run Google chrome at 2fps. So... I found Luetin's videos whilst watching the game jealously on youtube and ended up watching pretty much every one of his Zeus misions at the time. Some of his beginner videos also helped me out a lot so when I was actually able to play Arma on my trusty PC, the only logical thing to do was find the legendary Ahoyworld servers! (after cheating through the campaign (shift + numpad "-" then type 'endmission'(cheats for life))  ;) ).

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking for a nice European server to play on, and found you guys. I liked the server from the first moment, and still do like it and tell others to play on it. 

Later I found out that Luetin was playing on this server as well, that was a nice bonus :D

Did a few ops with Jester814 way back when, followed his videos ever since. A few months ago he did the merger with Luetin Zeusing, then I started watching Lt's videos, and now that my college semester is ending I thought I'd give this place ago, and I'm loving it for the most part! It's a great blend of both being casual in Arma or being Mill Sim in EU #3   B) 

Guest Bartlett

Well I found ahoy world as a complete accident, I was looking for the JSOC sever in the massive list of public servers when my phone rang as I went to click on their server so I answered the phone as it loaded up. Then after scratching my head wondering why it looked different I gave it a go, and since then I haven't been back to play on their crap since :P

I first gotten into Arma with Arma 2. I wanted to first play the game in multiplayer and stumbled upon a server that was primarily invade and annex which was a good introduction to cooperative play. Needless to say I grew fond of this play style mainly playing cooperative with other people and accomplishing a common objective. This transitioned to me getting Arma 3 and looking for similar cooperative play style and found only a few servers playing in this format, one of which was a Ahoy server.

Thanks AhoyWorld!

• Chuck pinned this topic

So as Raz already said we used to play ArmA 2 on some German server when I was at uni, we met this player called taxi who we immediately got on with, you know when you meet someone online and you're all like "that's my jam" but more like "that's my man" but in a totally platonic don't want to have sex with you way. Although I did once ask Jack if he was gay and at the time it totally sounded like I wanted the D. I think I'm going off topic here. The point is this Taxi guy was one of those people who you just get on with when you play, the last person I met like that had been Raz in 2008 and I could say without a doubt my friendship with him has been among the best.

Anyway like raz said taxi was gone for a long time but Maybe a year later Jack (Taxi/Rarek) messages me on facebook about a community he's building called Ahoyworld. back when it first started ArmA wasn't really on the menu, they were more involved with World of Warcraft and Minecraft, which is where all the Ahoy Coin stuff on the site emanated from. When ArmA 3 came out is when the community found it's own place in the world, and thanks to Jack's initial conversion of ArmA 2s "Domination" to what we eventually had to name "Invade & Annex" (pretty proud that I came up with that name, jus' sayin') Ahoyworld has cemented it's place firmly in the Armed Assault  community.

Here's a nostalgic picture from Ahoy World's first community meet circa 2013 from left to right:

Dave, Me, Jamie, Phil, Raz, Brooksie & Rarek

882175_492897760770695_710788114_o.jpg

Played on ahoy in Arma 2. Played on ahoy EU 1 since alpha, then got stuck in eu3 at release until now

Sent from my iPhone using a phone app that is really irritating because it constantly advertises itself.

When I thought about buying Arma 3 I started watching vids on youtube for basic beginner guides then I found a lot on Lutein's channel and saw his recordings of Ahoy World invade and annex then after I bought my copy of the game I started playing on the server ever since =) 

I kinda just joined on ArmA 2, lost interest because I was some despicable brat with an attitude that kinda just wanted to destroy, instead of cooperating and working together.

Then, some time and some family crisises later, I went to buy ArmA 3 and wanted to find a server to get to know people and have fun as a team.. ^^ (Probably during ArmA 3 - Alpha.. don't quote me on that, though..)

Yeah, then I kinda just lost my PC along with my father and came back to I&A in late 2015. Never really been a member of the community, but I guess I'll know this gamemode for quite a while now.. and I absolutely frickin' love it! Especially as a pilot. (Gotta love all the people praising you for your flying skills..)

1 hour ago, Winter said:

I kinda just joined on ArmA 2, lost interest because I was some despicable brat with an attitude that kinda just wanted to destroy, instead of cooperating and working together.

Then, some time and some family crisises later, I went to buy ArmA 3 and wanted to find a server to get to know people and have fun as a team.. ^^ (Probably during ArmA 3 - Alpha.. don't quote me on that, though..)

Yeah, then I kinda just lost my PC along with my father and came back to I&A in late 2015. Never really been a member of the community, but I guess I'll know this gamemode for quite a while now.. and I absolutely frickin' love it! Especially as a pilot. (Gotta love all the people praising you for your flying skills..)

One of the saddest and one of the best posts on this topic. 

It made me sad:cry-min: but also happy :derp-min:that a player like you joined this community. 

ps: sorry for crashing you. :HerpDerp-min:

1 minute ago, D.v.Brandenburg said:

One of the saddest and one of the best posts on this topic. 

It made me sad:cry-min: but also happy :derp-min:that a player like you joined this community. 

ps: sorry for crashing you. :HerpDerp-min:

Crashing me? That runway massacre was cool in an odd way. It's still my fault, though!

• 3 weeks later...

By chance really. :P

After installing the Apex sneak peak last week, I found I had lost my campaign progress (again <_<) and didn't feel like starting over. Never ventured in ArmA MP before, so wanted to give that a go for a change. Found only a few servers already hosting Tanoa, and I ended up on AW. Liked the atmosphere, and keep coming back for more. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!

I had no Idea but I searched for cool servers that fit in to the Arma 3 MilSim. First I played King of the Hill but that was like CoD in hardcore mode so I searched further and found the Annex & Invade Servers and the lovestory began ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I found AhoyWorld through YouTube. More specifically, through Luetin09. When I was first looking into buying Arma 3, I watched a lot of Luetin's videos, including his ones on Invade & Annex. So the first thing I did after attempting (and hating) the singleplayer campaign, was search up AhoyWorld and start playing.

• 4 weeks later...