How did you guys find out about AhoyWorld?

Chuck

Hi Guys

There was a recent discussion on the EU1 TeamSpeak about how each person found out about the AhoyWorld community. Mixed answers followed like: Luetin's video content, stumbling across when searching for new servers and" I cant remember been here to long XD" . So how did all you guys found out about AhoyWorld?

Looking forward to see!

I found AhoyWorld through word of mouth. Me and Fergie often played arma2 together and met a player called taxi. This taxi chap then disappears for a while and fergie tells me he's found him, he's running a community called AhoyWorld under the name rarek. Then I joined, worked my way up to core staff and eventually was given ownership of the place :) looking forward to hearing everybody's stories

I used to be part of a canadian run milsim community called JTF2, we did some joint operations gamenights with them and i started playing EU1 and they used our server and i made some friends. Sadly management went to hell and i wasnt in the best place to make a difference - the community fell through and after floating around for a bit i decided to coe to Ahoy. Don't regret the decision yet....but not if Raz has anything to do about it though.

Server browser :-/ looking for big servers after my friends and I played all scenarios.

Loved flying on EU1, thus I joined Ts3 frequently for better cooperation and communication.

Josh managed to convince some people (inc.) me in the EU1 channel to play EU3 and then the community became more of a drug and I stuck around.

Poor me! Where did my personal life go!

:-)

Played a few games on the server way back in Armadale 2 era then went away from PC for a while, came back to Armadale just before 3 went alpha playing mostly 2 in vanilla and some wasteland servers, 3 went alpha and while perusing servers remembered Ahoy from the past, started playing with them, making a pest of myself helping out both the experienced and incompetent with setting up stuff and sometimes writing a mission or 2wo, was asked to be admin a couple of time but refused as hadn't got the time, third time asking though I jumped at the chance and enjoying it, good cohesive bunch of people both staff and players both regular and new great community long may it sail.

after getting arma 3 the day before i searched for a server that wasn't hosting pvp or life missions; when i found Ahoyworld i enjoyed it (EU1 by the way) so i went on the team speak. one of the best decisions i could make [back when rarek was on most of the time]

I found AhoyWorld through word of mouth. Me and Fergie often played arma2 together and met a player called taxi. This taxi chap then disappears for a while and fergie tells me he's found him, he's running a community called AhoyWorld under the name rarek. Then I joined, worked my way up to core staff and eventually was given ownership of the place :) looking forward to hearing everybody's stories

... and I'm your next door neighbor or something apparently.

Was a part of my previous community, joined EU1 in the time of Alpha, had a lot of fun due to my community not hosting a A3 server back then. I believe at the beginning of the full release, I left my community and started to play on EU1 again a bit more often (with some periods of playing with my ex-squad mates at different servers). Became a bit more regular on TS and server in the beginning of 2015.

Friend of mine from one of the biggest polish clans recommended me ahoy servers. I was playing recently on EU#1 or EU#2 and after few weeks I wanted to join EU#3 to see how it looks like and then I got sucked into the community. It is a great fun playing with you btw, I really enjoy it and I do not regret that :)

I first started playing Arma 3 when it was in Alpha with just a small group of friends, most of them drifted away from AhoyWorld because it wasn't what they were looking for, I on the other hand enjoyed my experience and decided to hang around a bit longer to see what it was really all about.

After a week playing I found the website and decided to sign up for my first AhoyWorld gamenight, what happened next was probably the main reason I stuck around and am still here today. The gamenight in question was the birth of the infamous "AhoyWorld Customer Service" recorded message, it was after that night I realised this was a group of guys I could have fun with, regardless of whether we were even playing any games. 

About three months in I was invited to become an Admin and graciously accepted. Nine months or so after that (almost 1 year to the date of me joining the community) I was then invited to join the ranks of the Core Staff. Of course it is a big step up in responsibility from Admin but I took the plunge and once again accepted the invitation. As the final right of passage into Core Staff-hood, not long after promotion, I got a full time job which rarely allows me to be around during the busiest times anymore.  :D

2 years on I can say with 100% confidence this is the best community I could have ever been fortunate enough to join and be accepted into, here's to another 2 years!

When I first Started playing ARMA, I always wondered where I should start......

pretty much I clicked on EU1 and I have never looked at another server since.

I&A for life  ;)

and I gotta say.... the community... absolutely amazing. I will be here for a long time coming yet  :lol:

I found the Ahoyservers by looking at an ingame kind of a tutorial by someone who was playing on 1 of the servers.

He recommended Ahoy en said that its a great community. Lots of help by members and admins.

I followed his lead and i have no regrets. Made a few good gamingbuds here and learned alot in little time.

grts Lex

I was sitting in a darkened room, for weeks, sick at home, with a sore face, end of 2014. After 12 years of absence from any computer games, I decided, upon the recommendation of my respected neighbour, to install Steam and play some games.

He gave me some hints on which games I need to look at. Arma 3 was among them.

I found several different game modes on vanilla, different mods and modsets and also visited different other communities around the game, its derivatives and their operations appearing in the server browser during my time off. When work returned, not much of that survived, however. AhoyWorld is that one community, that I'm still participating in today.

I clearly remember, the fact that many servers were running I&A, while there was only one real AhoyWorld server running it, made it somewhat special and interesting and I found myself returning to AW and its TS often, even after some time of absence. I think, AhoyWorld's openness is responsible for the amount and depth of self experience unique to the game and valuable to me. And after some time on EU#1.. yeah.. gamenight and EU#3, you know that part already.

The Steam client tells me I have played 2004 hours of Arma 3. More than 75% of that on AhoyWorld EU#3, while I usually don't play other computer games. Thanks to the creators, you're magicians to me.

Well,being always a fan of CTI-Missions,starting wit EVO on ARMA 1 and Domination on ARMA 2 and above and once i finally bought the (crappy/lacking) RC of A3 i found pleasure in playing a Domination port (not officially supported by Xeno,genius,stubbern dev of it) i stumbled upon I+A by reading Bohemia forums and started playing it on random servers (crappy customized RipOff´s) then found the glorious EU1 server and from the hour i started playing on it,i never stopped!

:blink:

Also:

You_cant-stop-me-2.png

I heard of Invade and Annex from some forum, I searched up what it was and I got a Leutin video.. after that I started playing it every now and then and then I over heard some guys speak about EU3 got the mods hopped onto the server told the guys I was new they then said well atleast you know how to use TFAR.... FIN