Questions, Suggestions and Holiday!

Lets start off by saying I'm going on holiday, leaving on the 24th and won't be back until the 30th but I'm sure y'all won't miss me.

Questions(I only want admins to answer these questions):

1.1) The different radio feq for Fire Teams (example: GEN:100 A1:110 A2:120) is this allowed? Cause I've been getting mixed signals and in my opinion they both work but they also have their downfalls.

1.2) Do Co-Pilots count towards the 8 Pilot rule? Simple question just as last one I kept getting mixed signals.

1.3) Is the 8 per Pilot rule: 8 per ground units or 8 per people? I know on the rules it says "1 pilot for every 8 ground troops" but I just want to get this confirmed by an admin saying yes.

Suggestions!(Everyone can share there opinion on these):

2.1) Bring back Direct Chat my reason for this if we have someone join the server and not understand they need to be on TS3 I then need to join his group via ace interact just to speak to him.

2.2) Remove ace3's group join I've heard this is possible is it?

2.3) Remove Command's Medic and add a Demo Spec personally I dislike (dislike may be too weak, I hate) this medic I become alpha's medic and it's annoying to see him move away from command all the way to alpha to medic them when I'm here to do that ¬.¬ or at least add this rule: Command Medic can only be filled if there's an Officer and cannot leave Command's side unless there is no other Medic in the field.

2.3.1) Addon for the previous rule: Bravo and Charlie's Medic may not be fill until there is at least a full Fire Team or 5 guys in Bravo/Charlie and Command's Medic can only be filled if there's an Officer and cannot leave Command's side unless there is no other Medic in the field Alpha's Medic does not apply to this rule.

2.4) Don't allow anyone to control enemy tanks, choppers and don't allow infantry to control any choppers I understand this comes under the play your role rule but people don't follow that and I'd really like for vehicles (Realistically speaking) that we wouldn't understand how to control be blocked some how.

2.5) Before people leave base there must be a command with a LR I don't mean command element I just mean someone who is in charge of the op and will speak to me if I try to hail them on the LR I was Talon once and it was rather frustrating trying to reach a command then when I finally get a response I have someone saying there is no command and I ask who in charge of the op then and they say no one.

2.6) Snow map.

2.7) No joining Hammer just cause your friend wants to be the Gunner when there was already a Gunner in Torch were both of you could've joined (This includes HAT/MAT/MMG). this has happened a few times to me and I'm sure this has happened to a few others and it's rather rude.

2.7.1) No joining the server with 3 friends with the intent to fill only fill 3 men squads and not even consider joining Alpha. Just a few hours ago we had 2 groups of 3 friends that only joined MAT and MMG I even went into MMG 1 and they swapped over to MMG 2 cause they wanted their friend with them.

These last two I see as anti communityist (No not communist silly) we're a community aren't we?

Thanks for reading unless you just skipped to this text and didn't read any of it <3.

Lets start off by saying I'm going on holiday, leaving on the 24th and won't be back until the 30th but I'm sure y'all won't miss me.

Questions(I only want admins to answer these questions):

1.1) The different radio feq for Fire Teams (example: GEN:100 A1:110 A2:120) is this allowed? Cause I've been getting mixed signals and in my opinion they both work but they also have their downfalls.

1.2) Do Co-Pilots count towards the 8 Pilot rule? Simple question just as last one I kept getting mixed signals.

1.3) Is the 8 per Pilot rule: 8 per ground units or 8 per people? I know on the rules it says "1 pilot for every 8 ground troops" but I just want to get this confirmed by an admin saying yes.

1.1 because off my personal opinion i let this open to the higher admin's

1.2 Co-pilots are only counted to the pilot cap when they flying there own bird not when they are acting as Co-pilot  

1.3  The rule is 1 pilot  per 8 ground unit 

Suggestions!(Everyone can share there opinion on these):

2.1) Bring back Direct Chat my reason for this if we have someone join the server and not understand they need to be on TS3 I then need to join his group via ace interact just to speak to him.

2.2) Remove ace3's group join I've heard this is possible is it?

2.3) Remove Command's Medic and add a Demo Spec personally I dislike (dislike may be too weak, I hate) this medic I become alpha's medic and it's annoying to see him move away from command all the way to alpha to medic them when I'm here to do that ¬.¬ or at least add this rule: Command Medic can only be filled if there's an Officer and cannot leave Command's side unless there is no other Medic in the field.

2.3.1) Addon for the previous rule: Bravo and Charlie's Medic may not be fill until there is at least a full Fire Team or 5 guys in Bravo/Charlie and Command's Medic can only be filled if there's an Officer and cannot leave Command's side unless there is no other Medic in the field Alpha's Medic does not apply to this rule.

2.4) Don't allow anyone to control enemy tanks, choppers and don't allow infantry to control any choppers I understand this comes under the play your role rule but people don't follow that and I'd really like for vehicles (Realistically speaking) that we wouldn't understand how to control be blocked some how.

2.5) Before people leave base there must be a command with a LR I don't mean command element I just mean someone who is in charge of the op and will speak to me if I try to hail them on the LR I was Talon once and it was rather frustrating trying to reach a command then when I finally get a response I have someone saying there is no command and I ask who in charge of the op then and they say no one.

2.6) Snow map.

2.7) No joining Hammer just cause your friend wants to be the Gunner when there was already a Gunner in Torch were both of you could've joined (This includes HAT/MAT/MMG). this has happened a few times to me and I'm sure this has happened to a few others and it's rather rude.

2.7.1) No joining the server with 3 friends with the intent to fill only fill 3 men squads and not even consider joining Alpha. Just a few hours ago we had 2 groups of 3 friends that only joined MAT and MMG I even went into MMG 1 and they swapped over to MMG 2 cause they wanted their friend with them.

These last two I see as anti communityist (No not communist silly) we're a community aren't we?

Thanks for reading unless you just skipped to this text and didn't read any of it <3.

2.1 Bringing back direct is helpful for this esp with the amount off people lately who decided to join without TS at all

2.2  Have no idea if we can remove this 

2.3  Command medic should stay near command until told otherwise. Still also the rule still applies first medic on the scene is in charge.

Also i agree the command element should not be filled unless there is a commander present. 

2.6  Find one and i think the dev will look at it ( i can tell you there is no good snow map out there atm )

2.7 and yes Def fill up the current squads first before opening the same type off squad again this counts for everything including alpha bravo and charlie

Maybe we could have a rule saying you can't have two MMG or AT Teams until you've both Alpha and Bravo?

It's sometimes neccesary to utilise an AT team without having a full Alpha, as you'll face the same shitstorm of MBTs on Chernarus regardless of player numbers, but IMO there's no need for any MMG teams or more than one AT team when we don't even have a full Alpha.

We seem to have had an influx of "groups" lately, I've noticed that too. We may also need to start a seminar on when to joke around and when to gameface. There's a time and place for jokesters and a little banter is good, but lately it's been making it harder to lead than it should be. Like throwing practice grenades in base, it's contagious and a bad example for first-timers.

2.6  Find one and i think the dev will look at it ( i can tell you there is no good snow map out there atm )

Thirsk: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9861

Helvantis: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27617

I've tried these both in game and they work just fine also Helvantis looks a bit meh I guess cause it's a bigger map but Thirsk looks good and well done only problem is it's small.

Well I'll miss you Stormwatchdog!

My thoughts -

The different radio feq for Fire Teams (example: GEN:100 A1:110 A2:120) is this allowed? Cause I've been getting mixed signals and in my opinion they both work but they also have their downfalls.

I am the one who started that and I do stand by it, however there are times when it works and when it doesn't.  It works when you have experienced team leaders who know how the radios work and are not afraid to lead their teams.  New team leaders who aren't as familiar with comms procedure, or with leading a team, get separated into a vaccuum and it all falls apart.  Thus I try to institute the segregated channels when I have team leaders I think will take advantage of it.  The bonus here is that it turns FTLs into mini SLs, giving them practice in leading a team which translates well into leading a squad.

You also have to take into account that I started doing this because no one was stepping up to take command positions, so as ASL I was also coordinating Vortex, Talon, MAT and MMG squads.  To do that over long range while 2 fire teams are talking on short range - yes, you can say radio discipline all you want, but when the sh*t goes down it is just much more useful to keep things segregated.  When there is an actual PlatCo online it is a little easier and as SL I can coordinate with just the squad, but even then, I know as a FTL I like being given autonomy to run my squad according to tactical instructions provided by the SL, rather than being micromanaged and being essentially just another rifleman.

Do Co-Pilots count towards the 8 Pilot rule? Simple question just as last one I kept getting mixed signals. Is the 8 per Pilot rule: 8 per ground units or 8 per people? I know on the rules it says "1 pilot for every 8 ground troops" but I just want to get this confirmed by an admin saying yes.

I think the general rule has been that the person in command has to ok a co-pilot as this is essentially giving the ok to heavy CAS birds such as the Longbow and Venom.  As for the 1:8 rule Sozio has clarified on multiple occasions that it's 1 pilot per 8 ground troops, meaning that mathematically in every sequence of 9 players, one can be a pilot.

Bring back Direct Chat

Agreed!  Hell, bring back Side chat, for that matter, I don't think people were spamming it so much that it was actually a problem, and when it did happen they were always shouted down.  The lack of it is more problematic as there are times you need to tell someone to bring back a plane or a chopper cos they haven't read the rules.

Remove ace3's group join I've heard this is possible is it?

I think it's all or nothing, if I read it right on this page - so you wouldn't be able to join different team colours as well if it's disabled.  Might not be a bad thing, though personally I don't think it's the game-breaker people call it out to be.

Bravo and Charlie's Medic may not be fill until there is at least a full Fire Team or 5 guys in Bravo/Charlie and Command's Medic can only be filled if there's an Officer and cannot leave Command's side unless there is no other Medic in the field Alpha's Medic does not apply to this rule.

I think that Bravo and Charlie squads shouldn't be filled until Alpha team is filled, and that Medics should only be filled if the SL position is filled before it.  I would also go further to say that HAT, MAT, MMG and Torch/Hammer squads should only be filled after at least one Alpha fire team with either Platoon Command or Squad Leader - exceptions to this would be at command's discretion.

Don't allow anyone to control enemy tanks, choppers and don't allow infantry to control any choppers

Agreed - I believe by default the enemy vehicles are locked, but people have been using the Virtual Arsenal to take lock picks and commandeer enemy vehicles.  Actually that may not be true because I did jump into an evacuated enemy T80 the other day without having to use lock picks.  I don't think it's particularly realistic, and besides, it doesn't seem to take much for enemy crews to abandon a vehicle.

Before people leave base there must be a command with a LR

I agree with this - Plant1ng mentioned something related in his Gauntlet feedback thread:

Objective will not show on your map or on right top corner, Instead you need to go into office building and look at sheet on the table which will then give you direction what kind of mission is on.

I would go one further, that objectives will not spawn until someone fills a command role.  After that people can take the associated roles of Medic and Engineer.

On this issue of friends playing together, I don't think there's a way we can realistically stop that, or even if we'd want to, I would just hope that people are friendly and use common sense to work with that - I think the situation you had there SWD is pretty rude (making the MMG2 squad).

Rather than clog the Gauntlet feedback thread with discussion I'll also use this thread to add one of Plant1ng's comments for discussion:

2.1 Gauntlet is giving us the freedom of playstyle, but we have not using it. That's our own fault. I just hate the teamplay we sometimes have, we just rush on AO, finish it and RTB. You don't need any of supplies, I even don't need temporary medical center. This kills the role of any kind of medical treatment or any kind of special deliverly supply drop from Logi squad. It feels empty for me. AO doesn't give us any reward. Since we have gauntlet, I can fight on totally opposite side of AO and still don't care about it. It just doesn't give me any satisfaction.

There are two reasons we are having to RTB lately: 1) vanilla damage - you have to respawn anyway, because no admins are on to fix it, and 2) next AO is not spawning.  As well, since we don't know where the next AO will be, there's no sense to setting up a FOB because the next tasking could be ridiculously far away.

I think it's all or nothing, if I read it right on this page - so you wouldn't be able to join different team colours as well if it's disabled.  Might not be a bad thing, though personally I don't think it's the game-breaker people call it out to be.

Well ya can always assign colours the old fashion way.

Agreed - I believe by default the enemy vehicles are locked, but people have been using the Virtual Arsenal to take lock picks and commandeer enemy vehicles.  Actually that may not be true because I did jump into an evacuated enemy T80 the other day without having to use lock picks.  I don't think it's particularly realistic, and besides, it doesn't seem to take much for enemy crews to abandon a vehicle.

The only vehicles I've ever found to be locked are the jeeps and trucks and I find it alright to be able to drive them (Just not the Enemy Chopper & Tanks, ETC) I don't think they'd be too differently controlled from ours.

On this issue of friends playing together, I don't think there's a way we can realistically stop that, or even if we'd want to, I would just hope that people are friendly and use common sense to work with that - I think the situation you had there SWD is pretty rude (making the MMG2 squad).

SWD since when did I become a gun? :P.