TFAR problem

lexota

Well, as usual since me and my pc have a love/hate relationship i've got some problems with the task force radio.

I never know wich type of radio to take and everybody says different types so no progress there.

When i finally pick a radio they suggest and adjust to the correct frequency it still doesnt work when everyone does a radio check.

Maybe its just me thats screwing things up (since i'm a real pc-noob) and don't know wich keybind to use? Or am i missing something else?

Also when i update the official mods on armasync, i lately get the error of a key missing for the magre_outlaw etc.

Anyone got an idea on that one two?

I've got teamviewer if needed and to make things alot easier.

greets Lex and thx

As far as I know, unless you're acting as a Squad/TeamLeader the radio you need will be given to you by default when you spawn in the game. Its then simply a matter of being on the same frequency as other people in your squad.

If problems persist you could try re-installing TFAR. Make sure you're running Arma 3 and Teamspeak as Administrator.

The only other thing to try would be to join the game, if you get into the server and you're dragged into the correct TS channel it must be working, you could try reloading the plugin in TS and see if that fixes the issue.

If none of that works unfortunately that is the extent of my knowledge. I'm sure somebody more familiar with the mods might be able to help though in such a case.

Thx for the help, i'll look in to it. maybe its just a keybinding i didnt allready know how to use. And since i only played on the modded server for like 5 to 10 times i might just lack the experience. gonna give it a try. plant1ing said he would try and test it for me so we will see :)

BLURFOR:

If you're talking about long wave radios - the backpack ones:

- Make sure you take the RT-<something> ones.

- Make sure your radio is on the correct frequency and the volume is high enough for you to hear.

- Try radio checking.

If you're talking about short wave - the inventory radios:

- Make sure you take the AN/PRC-<something> or the RF-7800S-TR

-  Make sure your radio is on the correct frequency and the volume is high enough for you to hear.

- Try radio checking.

OPFOR:

If you're talking about long wave radios - the backpack ones:

- Make sure you take the M300 <something> ones.

- Make sure your radio is on the correct frequency and the volume is high enough for you to hear.

- Try radio checking.

If you're talking about short wave - the inventory radios:

- Make sure you take the FADAK

-  Make sure your radio is on the correct frequency and the volume is high enough for you to hear.

- Try radio checking.

Hey Lex,

1. Enter Setup Room subchannel of teamspeak on EU#3.

2. When you enter the EU#3 server, you should hear TS3 saying Channel Switch with that TFAR high pitch sound.

add. info 1: Default loadout should give you RF-7800S-TR with radio microprogrammer.

3. Default keybinding for calling radio on screen is CTRL+P.

add. info 2: Pressing J will show you in top right corner which squad you have joined. (This is note for me personally since I forget sometimes where I joined, lel)

4. Adjust frequency according to radio frequency tab provided on left side for your squad. Highlight frequency and anter new one. Last, press ENT.

5. Do a radio check pressing Caps Lock with someone from your squad.

If this procedure does not work then we'll have fun in Windows OS finding plugins, userconfig.

I'm not asking about your device configuration since I can hear you just fine on teamspeak3 client in every other room.

Teamviewer is a no go because I don't know what will happen when you give permission to your PC when you start up the game. I don't want to find out.

Also when i update the official mods on armasync, i lately get the error of a key missing for the magre_outlaw etc.

Anyone got an idea on that one two?

We should be fixing that today, there was an issue with keys due to various mod versions being thrown around.

Lexota,

Im having sort of the same problems. Going to try whats written above by the pro's. Posted it before on the forum but no solution yet. Got some new options to try thanks to this thread. No work tomorrow, time to give it a try. Bedankt/thanks and ehm...welcome to the community!

Bedankt? And where are you from? Belgium or Holland? :)

Yeah when i find the time i'll check it but as far as i know that outlaw_magre.... is solved. hope it stays that way.

About that TFAR problem, it says its missing a pbo file of some sort. Had this prob before and i forgot wich admin added everything needed thrue teamviewer.

Worked since then but for some reason it doesnt anymore.

.pbo are related to addons or BI files. First check what is the exact .pbo you are missing so we know if it's addon related or BI files. Either way, .pbo is in wrong place or you need to update repository. I don't get then, because EU#3 shouldn't let you even join the game.

just updated the modds so lets hope the problem is fixed. If not ill send you th e coreect name of the sob thats buggin' me :)

en piranha, ben van Belgie ;) en jij?

Ok i was wrong, its not a pbo file. Its says "include file userconfig/task_force_radio/radio.settings .hpp not found.

got this error before and some admin took care of it via teamviewer en TS for me. Don't understand why this happen again but i'm sure someone of you can help me.

grts lex

And sooooolved :)

Thx everybody for the hulp!

Hi guys,

dunno whats wrong now since i was able to play on the EU3 yesterday (thx again soziopath) but today when i updated the repository again before playing,

the same error occured. TFAR settings hpp not found and again, the game wouldnt even load :(

Dont know why this keeps on happening on regular base when i update the modded repository.

If someone is willing to help and you see me on TS, contact me.

Grts Lex