"Regroup...REGROUP, DAMMIT!!!"

Lars Erik

Hey all

New guy with noob question here.

What am I to respond to the constant "Regroup" messages I'm getting and sometimes, unknowingly/unwillingly,  sending out?

also...

How much emphasis should I put in staying with my designated team, who will sometimes be scattered all over the hotzones? I tend to just go for the missions when I spawn into the game and not do too much waiting around the spawn area for more team-members to appear.

I hope these questions make sense or else forgive me,,,I'm new :)'

L.E.

That message spam you are getting is done by the game engine. It can be stopped if the team leader selects all units and select Stop from the command menu.

As for teamwork, you usually see situations you are describing, but sometimes there are squads that play tactical. Sometimes these guys are on TS (feel free to join them) or just random public guys starting a squad. When joining the server, ask if there is such group and try to join them.

I wonder if I'm misunderstanding, when you're asking how much emphasis you _should_ put on it. Is it the case you're indeed looking for more teamplay or have you been indeed just asking if it's okay to go alone as you describe?

What am I to respond to the constant "Regroup" messages I'm getting and sometimes, unknowingly/unwillingly, sending out?

Just for calrification (for people that never played the OPF bible game,which thougt you how to "command") - if you get called by your leader "2,Regroup" the Squad Leader/Unit Leader can issue the "Stop" command which will set your unit to WAIT and you wont have to listen to the Regroup calls untill your SqdL dies - then rinse repeat ...

Apply like this "F2 > 1 > 6where F2 is the guy you want to give the command to

Hope this does clear a few things up :P

Also :

37454569.jpg

This being ArmA, "should" you team up?

I'm inclined to answer with a resounding YES!

That doesn't mean people share my sentiment though. As Pero says, first step to teamwork is getting on TeamSpeak, which is where most of the regular players usually hang, and, incidentally, the regular players are also the ones most inclined to team up.