Orca spawns

Chuck

Question

Hi

I feel that the Orca (unarmed) helicopter would be a great asset to the ahoy world I&A servers because of its responsiveness and ability to take sharp turns quickly. I think that this helicopter should replace one of the ghost hawks so then it will maintain the balance of helis spawned into the server there currently is. It will also be great for low and fast insertions mixing up landing zones where infantry have to run miles to get to the ao. It has a respectable 8 passenger seats which isnt much less than the ghost hawks 10 seats  When one Orca spawned in after a side mission reward it was loved by many pilots and troops for a little change in the bog standard helis on offer. 

Thanks Chuck!

12 answers to this question

6llfbz.jpg

Then,we´ve been there,we´ve done that and we got the medal!

The Orca is a great addition for operations imo and when being used and deployed right its a great asset - but imo - it should be a rare side reward,the two GH solution is -once again imo - catering to the nubs that cant fly without flares (back in the time the Orca had none) but is a far better solution than a stock Orca (cause it causes discussions on who uses it just like the MH9/BF/Fake10)

Therefor ...

denied.jpg

Regards

Orca pilot no#1

Just to add to what Scar said, though he summed it up pretty well, I had far too many experiences of being shot down in the orca because pilots don't know how to avoid being shot at by missiles and with no flares this meant almost certain death. Whilst I believe an armed orca is still a side reward (I think!), I personally would not like to see the unarmed orca return as a transport helo.

I do agree on this but, the Ghosthawk is actually a better replacement overall, this is why:

• It can hold more people
  • It has 2 turrets on the side
  • It can drop a supply crate it has built into it
  • It has countermeasures
  • It is (Generally)  a Stronger chopper than the Orca in most situations

There is no need at all to add the Orca back, The Ghosthawk is far superior in many ways.  and for the time being then Orca is fine as a side reward, you see it so much as a side reward anyway, because it is so common, it is perfectly fine as a side reward and I myself much rather prefer the Ghosthawk over the Orca because it has more pro's then con's over the Orca. But this of course is just my personal opinion.

It has a respectable 8 passenger seats which isn't much less than the ghost hawks 10 seats.

Also, just to add on, the Ghost hawk carries 12 people, (2 x Gunner, 1 x Co-Pilot, 1 x Pilot, 8 x Passenger). this is 4 more than the Orca and could make a difference between another chopper needing to come and evac the remaining people.

Personally, I would love the Orca to be implemented, because it adds more variety. Also, it's a bit more fun to fly in my opinion. It's also a great solution if you need the fast insertions that you can do with the Hummingbird, but with 8 people instead.

This has been suggested before, and a couple of us pilots were discussing the Orca on TS yesterday. I wasn't the only one who missed having an Orca.

I agree, the Orca isn't as good as the Ghosthawk, but that's the point. It's a more manouverable helicopter, depenging more on the skill of the pilot rather than the thick armor of the Ghosthawk or Huron.

The Hummingbird is currently my favorite helicopter out of the ones the pilots gets to choose from. The idea of having to fly low, to avoid everything from gunfire to missiles, it makes things interesting. You're in a fragile helicopter, and it's your job to take the troops safely in and out of the AO. You're small, fast and nimble, and thus are able to get close to the AO to pick up and drop off troops where the heavier helicopters simply cannot.

This kind of flying is fun, it keeps you on your toes in a way which the heavier or more heavily armored helicopters simply wont.

If Orca has 8 + pilot slots, there's no big difference from Hummingbird, which has 7 + pilot slots. Only difference is a little more armor from small arms fire and flares. Still, I'd like to see it in-game as well. (Hell, I didn't actually log into game for some longer time.)