challenger 2 tank

Yes I have said it before but could we reinstate the Challenger tank in the EU3 repo.

RAM has had an update so the challenger can now be killed.

It doesn't require AGM and works with ACE

It looks beautiful

It has an interior

It has the legendary HESH rounds

and it can be found at:

Challenger:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27205 [out dated]

https://www.dropbox.com/s/46ewpdgxs4wfhzm/%40Burnes_Challenger.rar?dl=0 [newest]

RAM

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24451

ba_fv4034challenger2tes_10_4.jpg

ba_fv4034challenger2tes_4_4.jpg

Unless it's like the battle of Medina Ridge which was basically tanks on tanks battle, don't really see the point of having another tank when even a Bradley is too much to add to a infantry focused gameplay...

I would like to see it on some maps but make it so there is a higher enemy armour presence (more tanks) to balance it out. Would be good to see armour used properly to assist the infantry by taking enemy armour out or to provide security in a convoy mission

from what i have seen a tank is very useful when attacking a mission and the amount of enemy armour present is very high. so after using the Abrams for many missions i can say that a with a good crew that can follow orders and target the correct enemies is better than sending lots of infantry who die every 10 minutes to get replaced. with the tank up operations ran smoother and i noticed that the amount of friendly deaths was lowered. with the challengers interior it enables the crew to feel more immersed when locked in first person and with the handling which is amazing compared to the RHS vehicles slide and flip methods of driving it will greatly improve the quality of game play with more than just the tank crew. for example when driving in convoy if the main tank flips due to a failed control system then it can be annoying for everybody. this evolves the tank crew having to drive back up to the objective alone and the infantry getting hit by the full force of the enemy and their 15+ heavy armoured tanks and APCs.

No

thanks for your very constructive and helpful comment.

no, i'm being serious about adding in the challenger and please give a reason why it shouldn't , i'm asking nicely

just by looking and listening to the community on EU3 you can see that not everybody wants to be the 'all american marine' that EU3 is currently wanting. this is clearly shown when people use weapons and uniforms that have the UK flag for example. so i don't see why people aren't allowed to show their identity or use equipment that is usable with a level of effectiveness and enjoyment.

@Adshield I know you like tanks but yeah this is infantry based community and we just don't like heavy armor. I have yet to see Hammer or Torch moving RTB from other side of the map in mint condition. Tanks, like CAS can wipe whole AO. We all want to have fun. When we are even running some kind of tank It is only for looks of the convoy or to be main target so they don't kill rest of the convoy or truck as objective to protect. So yes, I'm up to even removing one of them; Torch or Hammer. And also tanks are buggy with that J-turn catapult stuff going on.

Now, I'm speaking for myself but best fun for me is being Rifleman (I won't say Engineer since it's special purposed).

Regarding 'all american marine' that is not true. We have some of american, british, belgian, german or russian equipment. If you are saying about the uniform, you can select uniform without flag. There's no restriction in running different uniform as of yet. I'm not complaining not having new digital croatian or italian camo in arsenal. If you were in majority, I'm sure staff would consider integrating more tanks on our maps. On second tought, that tank would be what is Zeus for us mortals. Like I've said if there should be this tank, I'd like that BLUFOR has that when we are russians.

+1 @planting

I couldn't agree more just like everyone else here. Honestly I couldn't see a MBT being needed at any gauntlet maps whatsoever. Something like a Rhino APC is actually the only armored vehicle that I think seems reasonable enough to be used on gauntlet. A Stryker in addition could be very handy as infantry support vehicle or logistic purpose vehicle, not too sure if that was only in Arma 2

@Adshield I know you like tanks but yeah this is infantry based community and we just don't like heavy armor. I have yet to see Hammer or Torch moving RTB from other side of the map in mint condition. Tanks, like CAS can wipe whole AO. We all want to have fun. When we are even running some kind of tank It is only for looks of the convoy or to be main target so they don't kill rest of the convoy or truck as objective to protect. So yes, I'm up to even removing one of them; Torch or Hammer. And also tanks are buggy with that J-turn catapult stuff going on.

Now, I'm speaking for myself but best fun for me is being Rifleman (I won't say Engineer since it's special purposed).

Regarding 'all american marine' that is not true. We have some of american, British, Belgian, German or Russian equipment. If you are saying about the uniform, you can select uniform without flag. There's no restriction in running different uniform as of yet. I'm not complaining not having new digital Croatian or Italian camo in arsenal. If you were in majority, I'm sure staff would consider integrating more tanks on our maps. On second thought, that tank would be what is Zeus for us mortals. Like I've said if there should be this tank, I'd like that BLUFOR has that when we are Russians.

OK.

you say that tanks are being used only for looks and can then go and wipe out the ao ruining the fun for everybody else. if someone who knows how to use the tank effectively and knows when to stop then everybody has fun as in ONLY TAKING OUT TARGETS THAT COMMAND HAS SAID TO KILL. then you say about the buggy parts and j turns that happen; I have not flipped the challenger 2 once in my use of driving it up and down Chernarus multiple times as its control system is much better than the RHS controls that force it to flip whenever it goes faster than 20kph. what i'm saying is let the good crewmen have the better tanks and see how it goes. yes i say that the RHS tanks are bad because they are, the problems said are the problems that would be fixed by the challenger such as the wipe of an AO or the random flipping or spinning. i personally have had to RTB from missions in the tanks after running out of ammo when doing 3 consecutive missions and mainly with only light damage. the last time i was destroyed in a tank was when 3 tank shells hit the same spot on the bottom of the tanks hull.

99% of people don't even play hammer so there's not point

people do actually play hammer and torch, i have been playing on EU3 a week after it first was on patrol ops and yes less and less people have been playing those slot but people actually do, if you ask someone if they want to do a tank crew then you can almost always get at least another person that will be willing to play tank crew. recently i went on EU3 and after a restart i asked if anybody wanted to do a tank crew and 4 people replied so we filled torch and had an extra loader but not having enough seats limited us. that clearly shows that people are willing to use the armor if there is a crew.

yet again from that same mission i saw about 15+ Russian armored vehicles including tanks and apcs. tanks are used to take out enemy armor and support the infantry and lighter forces so if there is no tank then missions go on for longer as infantry are less well equip to deal with tanks unless the hat slot is used and then still the infantry still have to respawn many times.