• Aston Martin V12 Vantage
  • Audi R8 LMS Ultra
  • BMW M3 GT
  • BMW Z4
  • Ginetta G55 (lol)
  • McLaren 12C
  • Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
  • Ruf RGT 8

Here are the settings for the race, as you can see all 4 weather slots are randomised and synced to the race, that means it could start in heavy fog, turn to clear weather, go to heavy rain and then back to clear again in the 2.4 hours we'll be on track meaning each slot will be about 36 minutes. I may reduce it to 3 weather slots meaning each slot is about 48 minutes. Time progression is on 10x so 24 hours will pass in 2.4 hours, perfect for this race. Starting time will be between 10 and 12 and the time of year will be current, the later the race is held the worse the shadows will be and the longer the night will be. Damage will also be on either "Performance impacting" or "Full Damage", I'd like damage to be possible but not possible to put you out the race in 1 crash. I'm going to play about with them to see what they're like.

This race is tailored to the hardcore sim racers however anyone is welcome to race as it's a real achievement to complete an event like this.

(SIGN UP SHEET)

Hell yeah! This will be awesome! 

Only date I can really do is October 17th if we're going for a weekend race and it would have to be an afternoon start and not evening like the league races were.

Of course final date/time will be down to availability of everyone interested.

Hell yeah! This will be awesome! 

Only date I can really do is October 17th if we're going for a weekend race and it would have to be an afternoon start and not evening like the league races were.

Of course final date/time will be down to availability of everyone interested.

Is that 17th because of the dates I mentioned? I'm happy to do any weekend so long as it doesn't run past 9pm local (except dates I mentioned) so a 6pm is the latest I could make.

For anyone unfamiliar with the track here's a video from project cars, although it's in a car significantly faster than what we'll be in.

Weekends of: 12th September, 10th and 24th October I'm free, it's basically every other weekend I'm available bar the 26th September.

I'm no hardcore racer so if you feel it best to go without me I won't mind

Nope its because its the only weekend day I have off for the rest of this year (excluding Boxing Day). :P

Damn you both, conflict already!?

If in doubt or conflicting, battle it out on the track ^^

I´ll try this, not much thought needed.

However, after looking at this video, I must say that the Nordschleife in PCars looks VERY VERY different from what I know from AssettoCorsa .

With this out of the way I can only say :

May the man with the lowest downforce and the best suspension setup win !

I´ve been driving the `schleife today for about an hour, trying to setup the car for the track .

My tips so far :

-Forget that cornering guide, PCars version of the Schleife is extremely different in layout, gradients, corner-cambers and placement of bumps/rises and falls of track, so forget about the gearing/speeds shown in that guide, PCars´ cornering-speeds and lines are different .

-PCars version is also one of the least flowing versions of this track I´ve ever come across ... not even Forza 1´s or GranTourismo´s layout are such flow-breakers .

-DONT go out on track with a full load of fuel, prepare yourself for at least half a dozen pit-stops, because with full fuel-load you will bottom out at every little dip and decline, no matter ride height.

Besides that I´ve only got 2 issue with PCars as is :

Why the allmighty heck does a change of steering-rack speed not influence the wheel in cockpit at all, it always turns the same (which is far away from being a one-to-one motion synchronised to my wheel) ?

Does somebody maybe have a clue as to what kind of error I made with that ?

And who at SMS decided it was an awesome idea to have an absolutely abysmally gimped gearing-setup that is nearly absolutely useless in tailoring gears towards a track and it´s corners ?

In AssettoCorsa I can manipulate gearing ratios to fit tracks perfectly, in PCars I just can´t .

Still looking forward to first corner mayhem with youse :)

Fuzed ?

I´d advise you to buy AssettoCorsa . It might not look as "next-gen" as PCars but it has better car-feeling, perfect laser-scanned tracks that DONT deviate from IRL and setup options PCars can only dream of (looking at you transmission-setup, the rest is okay-ish) .

Fuzed ?

I´d advise you to buy AssettoCorsa . It might not look as "next-gen" as PCars but it has better car-feeling, perfect laser-scanned tracks that DONT deviate from IRL and setup options PCars can only dream of (looking at you transmission-setup, the rest is okay-ish) .

I already have Assetto.. Haven't played it in 3 months and don't intend to anytime soon

Soooo, any date fixed so far ?

Btw: I´m slowly getting there with times, FFB and setup . So very different from AC, still have to give props where its due, the game ain´t half as bad as many want to make it .

Only transmission setup leaves me with mixed feelings due to very sparse options .

If your´re interested in my progress, my times so far :

Dry, 120L fuel, Softs : 6:53.8xx

Full wet, 120L fuel, Rains : 7:12.5xx

• 1 month later...