Banned - "hate speech"

dawson1994

- in game name "Dawson" 

Why do you think you were banned?: Annoying some zeus creator 

Why (in your personal opinion) should your ban be lifted?*: Excellent server, I've played regularly and was even there for the alpha Invade and Annex on the Stratis island. Please do not ban me over this instance.

Which administrator banned you (ArmA 3 only)?: Leutin  (i think)

When were you banned?*: Had an issue with one of the Zeus creators, he refused to answer my question and his only response was "calm down". I criticized him for being a idiot. All I asked for was some explosives to finish off the mission as I was there from the very start. Not many people were in the area, so we just ended up running around like fools.

I don't know about you but returning back to base for ammo and bombs and then spending another 10 minutes getting back isn't my idea of fun. Could have just dropped us ammo but like I said he just ignored me, didn't even decline my request.

After about 20mins he failed the mission and everyone was angry at him. I called him a faggot and got banned for hate speech. I'm sorry for this but I was a bit angry for having my time wasted.

I also had a TK instance when someone brought a tank to the mission, was completely accidental, was not aware others were (finally) planting explosives. My friend who was with us was a medic though so he just revived them, but after we blew up the planes (completing the mission) he failed us. Why? Who knows...

This isn't your first time at the rodeo. You were given a 10 day ban a few months ago for tking and destroying assets. Today you were abusive to other players, I warned you about this whereupon you decided to carry out multiple tks. This resulted in a kick after which you returned immediately and became extremely abusive and I made the decision to perma ban you.

Seeing as you failed to learn your lesson the first time this ban will remain. 

This isn't your first time at the rodeo. You were given a 10 day ban a few months ago for tking and destroying assets. Today you were abusive to other players, I warned you about this whereupon you decided to carry out multiple tks. This resulted in a kick after which you returned immediately and became extremely abusive and I made the decision to perma ban you.

Seeing as you failed to learn your lesson the first time this ban will remain. 

I didnt decide to carry out teamkills, it was an accident and i apologized when returning to the server. Do not try and spin this.

Abusive? yes. Players? No

i was only abusive to the player who got everyone angry, ignored my requests and even failed the mission when clearly we did it. This is beyond stupid. All i did was call him a faggot because he got everyone angry. 

Also i did not see any warnings for the abuse on ONE player, i only saw some admin post "dawson what is your issue"(to which i replied) which has no visual presence on the screen what so ever, especially when everyone is talking in side. The team killings were totally accidental ( the previous gunner even had a few teamkills and a medic was present for both instances ) and has no relation to why i got "abusive".  

Sorry for this but just want to add my 2 cents, I've been playing Arma with him for years after all...

Today you were abusive to other players, I warned you about this whereupon you decided to carry out multiple tks.
I don't recall any warning for him at all, he TK'd by accident and got kicked. I healed everyone who he killed and the mission continued.. then we finished it, but Zeus decided to fail us because so many people died.

Everyone got angry at him and Dawson called him a faggot, which resulted in a permaban? Seems a bit harsh considering we wasted 30 minutes of our time doing this mission, especially when it was me and Dawson who asked people to join us on the Zeus mission.

Bit disappointing when me and him have played AW servers for 2 years just to result in one of us being permabanned for a stupid reason...

Do not try and spin this.

Not trying to spin anything but you've shown that you tk often (you only apologised after being kicked) despite have already previously been banned. 

i was only abusive to the player who got everyone angry, ignored my requests and even failed the mission when clearly we did it. This is beyond stupid. All i did was call him a faggot because he got everyone angry. 

Again this only goes to show that you are not the type of player we like to see on our servers. If you think that your behaviour was acceptable then you would be better served finding somewhere else to play.

Again this only goes to show that you are not the type of player we like to see on our servers. If you think that your behaviour was acceptable then you would be better served finding somewhere else to play.

Me and Dawson have played your servers for years without issues, the one time he gets angry at someone for wasting our time he gets permabanned. Great stuff.

I guess AW only wants people like the Zeus player we had, making missions but not being helpful to anyone, threatening to cancel their mission until me and Dawson got people to go there, and failing everyone when they finally complete it, getting people angered enough to get banned...

Well that's not completely true is it? 

He has been previously banned from our servers before. 

Well I don't remember him being banned before, maybe I wasn't playing then but we mostly play together.

Seems to me this ban was for being abusive towards someone who wasted peoples time and effort though, I don't fault him for being angry since I was angry with him too.

As Dawson said permabanning for that seems very unreasonable considering the circumstances for it, it's not like he was just abusing a random player, he was just angry at someone who wasted everyones time, haven't you ever had a moment of anger?

7/5/2015 18:03:04 Dawson 7/5/2015 Peak time Ban evasion, Destroying assets (team vehicles etc), Teamkilling
Are you sure this is the same Dawson? Also it mentions "Ban evasion" but like we both said none of us remember him being banned once..

Anyway like you said, that ban was a 10 day ban and he apparently TK'd and destroyed assets on purpose, yet abusing someone (for an understandable reason) gets a permaban? Seems very draconian, especially when he came here to apologize to you all...

Are you sure this is the same Dawson? Also it mentions "Ban evasion" but like we both said none of us remember him being banned once..

Yes it is the same person it makes no difference if you remember it or not or if the party was drunk or not. We log the bans and the GUID is the same.

In any case it does not concern you as the ban wasn't yours. 

Yes it is the same person it makes no difference if you remember it or not or if the party was drunk or not. We log the bans and the GUID is the same.

In any case it does not concern you as the ban wasn't yours. 

Well it does since as I said we play together, if he is banned from your server I probably won't be playing there again, so you could say this is my ban appeal too.

Last thing I'll post though, as I said it seems very draconian to permanently ban someone for a minor offense, especially considering he's come here repentant and trying to justify it all. Seems he's just speaking to a brick wall though since you're being so unfair to him, especially when others were unbanned for much worse things.

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts