Ahoy+ Perks for Arma3 players

FlamboyantSloth

I've read that you will be first in line in the pecking order for a pilot slot at mission start.

The pecking order is something like this:

Paying Subscribers -> Teamspeak users -> Known pilots -> anybody else.

You will also be getting a AhoyWorld+ squad XML, where you will have the tag AW+ in your name and a logo to your uniform and vehicle.

Morten is completely correct.

Primarily you'll be responsible in part for actually keeping us going. So even if you're consider it thanks for going out of your way to think about that.

We'll keep our plus members at the front of the line, recently we ran an invite only event to meet the developers of squad, ahoy plus got access to that.

Day to day when an admin is present you'll have the first pick of any slot you like in any of our servers. Beyond the game you get access to a plus only channel in teamspeak.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask them here.

Unfortunately, it's not easy to find ways to incentivise AW+ membership without it being game breaking or perceived as too unfair to the other players.

I believe there's still a suggestions forum open, but so far not even the subs themselves have been able to come up with something appropriate; which is of course unfortunate as the AW community would undoubtedly love to see more + subs to help with the continual operating costs. (All hail the admins paying out of pocket.)

At the end of the day, it's really about showing appreciation for the service being provided. As for myself, it's really no worse on the wallet than my HBO membership. I consider it money well spent.

Unfortunately, it's not easy to find ways to incentivise AW+ membership without it being game breaking or perceived as too unfair to the other players.

I believe there's still a suggestions forum open, but so far not even the subs themselves have been able to come up with something appropriate; which is of course unfortunate as the AW community would undoubtedly love to see more + subs to help with the continual operating costs. (All hail the admins paying out of pocket.)

At the end of the day, it's really about showing appreciation for the service being provided. As for myself, it's really no worse on the wallet than my HBO membership. I consider it money well spent.

I think Amentes sums it up well. I also don't subscribe for any reward. I subscribe to keep the servers running and the community together :).

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Despite" data-cid="27738" data-time="1441317379"><p>

Correct me if im wrong Bohemia made a rule where you almost cant "pay 2 win" on servers so to speak?</p></blockquote>

That's right, it makes it therefore very difficult to create something for subscribers and staying within the rules.