New Server

sdtwbaj

Question

I absolutely love the modpack we use on EU3, but I can't get with the seriousness of it, which is totally fine, seems great if you like seriousness. So, I was thinking a new server. I&A, like EU1, 2, and 4, except modded with the EU3 modpack (minus TFAR).

I think this would apply to a larger player base because there isn't really any public casual modded servers. It's either serious, or vanilla, which is unfortunate. There are more people than just me looking for a nice casual modded experience without joining a clan.

Basic medical, and a hierarchy of I&A where you really just do whatever, whenever. Looser rules, more of a laid back casual fun time.

So what do you all think?

6 answers to this question

Well part of the reason why eu3 is more serious is because it takes teamplay to stay alive and get the job done and in some cases this means shortening the leash so to say. By doing this you can get people to work together better while others still can joke around and get the same job done with same level of serious as soon as contact is made. 

For example i mess around a bit when i can but not for example when command is making a plan or someone is talking to their team/squad and as soon as i am in the AO the funny stuff goes away and the mission becomes priority.

if you would use all the mods and settings like we have on eu3 but without the structure that is given to it by experienced players and admins it would be very hard to complete a mission and thus will still scare people off because then its too hard for them.

The biggest thing I've noticed in my time on EU3 is the medical. Pump it down to basic instead of advanced, and boom. I cleared an AO alone, albeit I'm not sure of it scales difficulty with the activity, that may be a thing. Also, barring that, I love the concept of EU3, except I get crappy frames and am incredibly uncomfortable communicating with people over VOIP.

And maybe it doesn't need to be all the stuff on there. I could easily see a few small mods, like the RHS, the HLC, AiA, ACE, etc. being a smaller more download friendly modpack, for the expansions to the armory and play styles.

The biggest thing I've noticed in my time on EU3 is the medical. Pump it down to basic instead of advanced, and boom. I cleared an AO alone, albeit I'm not sure of it scales difficulty with the activity, that may be a thing. Also, barring that, I love the concept of EU3, except I get crappy frames and am incredibly uncomfortable communicating with people over VOIP.

And maybe it doesn't need to be all the stuff on there. I could easily see a few small mods, like the RHS, the HLC, AiA, ACE, etc. being a smaller more download friendly modpack, for the expansions to the armory and play styles.

So what you looking for Sdtwbaj is A single player game

Modded Arma is mostly made for team work without team work most people will leave the server alone and look for something else.

And the differences between Basic and advance Medical isn't that big for a solo player.

Also i don't know why you get crappy frames but on EU#3 my frames are far higher then on EU#1, and what i hear its the same for most people.

If you got lousy frames make sure your arma is setup correct.

I dont think that is what he is looking for Sozio.

Of what I understand, he is looking for a chilled atmosphere like EU1 with mods. Thing is, as people have allready said, its gona be extremley difficult to do the missions if everyone just runs in and tries to brute force it.

Sure, its possible. I have seen this on EU3. Command just shouts "GO" and everyone legs it. But the AO took ages and everyone died about 3 times. 

I dont think this is the playing style people like. 

If you dont like the hole VOIP thing, than stick to Fireteam units such as Riflemen or Autoriflemen. People that are forced to communicate are people in command of something or maybe the marksmen who calls out targets. Medics should also be on VOIP so they can tell off the randoms trying to mess with their patients. XD

ARMA has a very, very steep learning curve and EU3 even steeper. Its hard to get used to but is more rewarding and fun when you got the hang of it!

Hope to see you on the servers,

Stuart

So what you looking for Sdtwbaj is A single player game

Modded Arma is mostly made for team work without team work most people will leave the server alone and look for something else.

And the differences between Basic and advance Medical isn't that big for a solo player.

Also i don't know why you get crappy frames but on EU#3 my frames are far higher then on EU#1, and what i hear its the same for most people.

If you got lousy frames make sure your arma is setup correct.

It may be because I don't have Arma 2 installed for the AiA things. As for that, the main thing which modifies the learning curve seems to be ACE. I'll be honest, I love the idea of more weapons or vehicles. RHS, TRYK, those bits, and that spoiled me with the variety, and now vanilla arma seems weird.