Mod Suggestion: Map Gestures

I like it, even though I feel it's not that necessairy; if he is right about the 'weight' on performance of the mod being close to nothing, why not install a nice little addition with no negative side-effects.
Also, maybe to prevent people from getting annoying limit it to usage only near the briefing area//base?

Is it microDAGR / Vanilla GPS compatible?

You beat me to it Karate. Small modsize and awesome flexibility added and should end the long Q&A and clarification briefings. Once again Dsl does it again.

Also to raise a point with Karate's suggestion of limitations. - "The radius is limited to 7 metres" So if you feel like someone is going to be a dick with it walk your briefing into the hangar, they keep abusing it? Tell a Mod.

If its like any of the other ST stuff you can most likely already use it in server as it'll use the same bi-key as the rest of STHud

i could be wrong as haven't downloaded it but wouldn't be surprised if that was the case

you are wrong, its a different key. Ill add it to the modded repo soon.

Oh well they went against ST tradition of being simples

You are right, I expected it to be the same key as well. But if you think about it, the mod will most likely be required by both parties. If they don't have the mod, they won't see the dot. So a different key in this case makes sense, since it would be mandatory for all users, where as the other mods run client side only, and are there fore optional.

mod looks nice and a good extra bit of communication

Agreed, especially with "extra". Map markers will still be needed, but this just makes it easier to explain the details.

Little mod that could make planning a bit more easy.

It looks good, but that little glow is too small, and disappears and reappears too quickly. It would have been better if it traced a path on the map which remained for as long as the button was pressed. 

I know there is at least one other mod that does this, but I have no idea what it's called.

It looks good, but that little glow is too small, and disappears and reappears too quickly. It would have been better if it traced a path on the map which remained for as long as the button was pressed. 

I know there is at least one other mod that does this, but I have no idea what it's called.

Your point is not valid since you failed to come up with the name of at least one other mod.

Also, the whole point is to simulate a finger pointing on the map. So all the mod does is highlight the point under your cursor for as long as you hold left mouse button(as explained). If you use your finger on a map, it does not drag a line on it (hopefully, nasty fingers otherwise).

The whole point is to simulate a finger pointing on the map. So all the mod does is highlight the point under your cursor for as long as you hold left mouse button(as explained). If you use your finger on a map, it does not drag a line on it.

A physical finger pointing on a map is a big, obvious thing that's easy to follow, and its movements are easy to predict for any observer.

ARMA, however, is a computer game. Reality does not apply, so we must make do with what we have. The purpose of the mod is to make it quicker and easier to illustrate simple, short instructions, and the mod in its current state, isn't as good at that as it could be.

Realism has its place, but arguing that a magic glowy dot is more realistic than a magic glowy line is without basis in realism at all. It's a tool that should hopefully do the job of one we would have, in the real world, but that we simply can't have in ARMA.

A physical finger pointing on a map is a big, obvious thing that's easy to follow, and its movements are easy to predict for any observer.

ARMA, however, is a computer game. Reality does not apply, so we must make do with what we have. The purpose of the mod is to make it quicker and easier to illustrate simple, short instructions, and the mod in its current state, isn't as good at that as it could be.

Realism has its place, but arguing that a magic glowy dot is more realistic than a magic glowy line is without basis in realism at all. It's a tool that should hopefully do the job of one we would have, in the real world, but that we simply can't have in ARMA.

Then either come up with another mod, or make one yourself. There really is no point arguing about a mod not being good, or good enough(to your standards) if there is no alternative.

In my opinion the mod is simple and easy to use. It does it's job, and it does it well. Yes, there may be some points where it could use some improvements, but it is not required because it works. 

Out of this discussion I pretty much conclude you are either arguing because you want to have an argument, or you just prefer not to add the mod even though there is no alternative. In which case, just say it. And don't talk around the point you are trying to make.

Its been installed. Use it or don't there is no point in crying over it.

Then either come up with another mod, or make one yourself. There really is no point arguing about a mod not being good, or good enough(to your standards) if there is no alternative.

I never said it wasn't good enough, it's a perfectly serviceable addition to the server, I simply made a suggestion. I'm not the one who needs to untwist his knickers here, mate.

if you want imersion you could alway convert something like this to a .paa and add it to line 96 of the ClientInit .sqf within the mod
I would, but it's not allowed without permission. EULA and stuff.

I never said it wasn't good enough, it's a perfectly serviceable addition to the server, I simply made a suggestion. I'm not the one who needs to untwist his knickers here, mate.
Wow, just wow. You know what my problem is, you didn't actually suggested anything. You just said it was a good mod, followed by a list of things that you didn't like about the mod. And then say this:

So why make a post in the first place? Your "suggestion" is not a suggestion because you did not even suggest anything. Your first post is pretty much a rant about what you think is wrong with the mod, and what you think should be improved.

And it is not the first time you have complained about random things. It happens occasionally in the server as well, sometimes even followed by a rage quit. Now I do not really have an issue about this, but I have an issue that none of it is in a constructive manner. So you are pretty much complaining non stop, without putting in much effort to help solve the problems(like taking the effort of finding the mod you where talking about) you are complaining about.

But yeah, I'll just be "untwisting my knickers" now while I'll wait for you to post your "suggested" mod.

*snip*

Are you quite finished with your unreasonable rant? I have tried to find the mod in question, and have been unable to do so. I didn't realize you were expecting progress reports on a tight schedule. Did you want them in triplicate, as well? Signed by an adjudicator?

I came up empty, and didn't find any reason to mention it, because it's not a big deal. It's a teensy tiny little detail that you've managed to blow out of all proportion.

As for my complaining, it's been well founded, and when I have been in a position to do something about it, I have.

And yes, when I feel like my fun is being sabotaged, I take a break and come back to the game later. Because that's what this is, mate, a game. It's supposed to be fun. And if it isn't, then there's little purpose in continuing playing it, right? You do the same, we all do, because we all have better things to do than engage in what becomes a thankless, unpaid job when the clowning get out of hand.

Now, I'm quite finished with this ridiculous circus, so I'd appreciate it if you stopped looking for things to take offense at, and I'll be willing to pretend this didn't happen.

(And yes, I'm aware of the irony of calling Stuffedsheep out on a rant... in a rant.)

Are you quite finished with your unreasonable rant? I have tried to find the mod in question, and have been unable to do so. I didn't realize you were expecting progress reports on a tight schedule. Did you want them in triplicate, as well? Signed by an adjudicator?

I came up empty, and didn't find any reason to mention it, because it's not a big deal. It's a teensy tiny little detail that you've managed to blow out of all proportion.

As for my complaining, it's been well founded, and when I have been in a position to do something about it, I have.

And yes, when I feel like my fun is being sabotaged, I take a break and come back to the game later. Because that's what this is, mate, a game. It's supposed to be fun. And if it isn't, then there's little purpose in continuing playing it, right? You do the same, we all do, because we all have better things to do than engage in what becomes a thankless, unpaid job when the clowning get out of hand.

Now, I'm quite finished with this ridiculous circus, so I'd appreciate it if you stopped looking for things to take offense at, and I'll be willing to pretend this didn't happen.

(And yes, I'm aware of the irony of calling Stuffedsheep out on a rant... in a rant.)

Wow.

EDIT: This isn't aimmed at anyone before y'all involve me. Can we hop back on topic now?