ArmA3Sync / BattlEye issue on EU#3 - Session lost

After ACE3 3.2.0 update and Arma 3 update 1.48 from Bohemia (described in SPOTREP #00046) on 2015-07-29 on the previous night, a weird issue occured to me. Here is the fix.

Experience:

#0 You update your Arma 3 AhoyWorld repo for modded operations on EU#3 on 2015-07-29, fetching the ACE3 3.2.0 updates. You got a "steamrolled" Arma 3 update 1.48 on the previous evening. After successful and complete download of everything you attempt to get on EU#3 using ArmA3Sync and get "Session lost".

Fix:

#1 Start Arma 3 using the Arma 3 Launcher coming with the game once: start the game using the launcher once and exit the launcher without any further need to start any game with it.

#2 Go back to ArmA3Sync, launch the game as in step #0, this time you get on EU#3 without problems anymore. The first start of Arma 3 using ArmA3Sync like described in step #2 may take a few minutes, might be BattlEye updating in the background.

Thanks to alganthe for figuring out the fix.

Have you tried deselecting all the mods on arma3sync and reselecting them? This seems to be a funny fix/bug in a3s. I've had lots of people with this issue finding reselecting them works. Literally just unticking the mods and ticking them again.

EDIT: Just spoke with Alganthe. Might be a similar issue might not. Thanks for the post though!

> Have you tried deselecting all the mods on arma3sync and reselecting them?

No. I just deselected the ones from the official modset (EU#1), trying to start on EU#3 with only the modded modset. Result was the same, "session lost".

> Literally just unticking the mods and ticking them again.

I didn't get the idea of doing that and will try it, if I happen to experience something similar again. Funny indeed.

Thanks for your reply!