What if..

Tyberius

..my wounds have healed and the local Fire Department in which I'm volunteering gets alarmed because of whatever and I'm currently playing on AWs (Arma)-Servers and have to go asap, is there anything I can do to either disconnect immediately or (if I can't do anything in time to disconnect and become afk for the time until I return from emergency) at least minimize the risk of me disturbing the gameplay of the other players?

Maybe there are some volunteering firefighters/paramedics here too who can advise me on that matter :P

Regards,

Tyberius

Alt-Tab from the game and close the Arma process? That should disconnect. Alternatively if you're afk long enough somebody will probably report it and if you don't reply you'll be kicked by an admin.

Even if you just "ESC" and Exit you'll be chucked back to the lobby and then kicked for lobby idling as far as I am aware.

I'm very aware of those methods to close arma, the thing is, my Pc isn't exactly that good so it takes some time to kill a very cpu-intensive program which I usually don't have in case of emergency (also some guys got banned for [lobby]-idling multiple times already i think).

I tried just removing my LAN-cable, but tend to forget that from time to time too :/

You could put a connector in between two LAN cables and fasten it somewhere easy to reach and in sight? Should make it easy to remember, and will also shave some time off the process?

Extreme, but better than the I/O switch on the back.

Like I said, I already try to just remove my LAN cable (which is pretty easy considering that I'm a filthy Notebook peasant), but like I said too, I tent to forget simple stuff all the time >-< (maybe there is some kind of "dead-man-switch" for connections on the client side so staff isnt bothered with my inability to do stuff the right way)

• 1 month later...
I'm very aware of those methods to close arma, the thing is, my Pc isn't exactly that good so it takes some time to kill a very cpu-intensive program which I usually don't have in case of emergency (also some guys got banned for [lobby]-idling multiple times already i think).

I tried just removing my LAN-cable, but tend to forget that from time to time too :/

even if your pc is bad, ALT+F4 will still shut the program anyway, regardless of the speed of your pc.

Run a lan-cable through a E-stop button with a twist release. Simply smack it and turn it back when you're back. http://www.amazon.com/Mushroom-Emergency-Stop-Button-Switch/dp/B00FLZ739A

Simply strip two of the wires from the lan cable and run them through the terminals. Buy or make a simple enclosure and you're good to go.

Make sure you have NC contacts (Normally Closed).