More reward vehicles

Jason.

Question

I think most of us can agree that the side mission rewards could do with some more variety.

My suggestions:

Buzzard CAS:

This is my main suggestion and is the reason I made this post. We already have the wipeout, but I think it's just too powerful as it can easily be abused to take out all the armour at an AO by itself. The only way not to "abuse" it is to wait for guys in the ground to call you in, which is good in theory but in practice it never happens so you just end up flying around doing nothing.

This is why I propose the CAS version of the buzzard, it has the same cannon as the other buzzard, and not the uber-cannon of the wipeout that can destroy anything from jets to heavy tanks with ease. It has only two ATGMs compared to the six on the wipeout, so it can still take out priority targets to help guys on the ground, but it cannot be abused to take out an entire AO. It has the same laser guided bombs but only 2 compared to the wipeouts 4, which for the same reason, is better to have less. 

Also being a buzzard it will handle the same as the jet that we're already familiar with, so would hopefully result in less accidents! Since it is a far less powerful CAS than the wipeout, it should enable the pilot to engage targets at his leisure without it being "abused", if the guys on the ground are silent. 

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the wipeout, I've had many fun hours in it on the EU1 server, but I just don't think it fits with the gameplay of the server.

Hunter GMG:

Nothing much to say here, it's just a nice fast transport for the guys on the ground.

Taru Medical:

I know this is already a reward vehicle, but I see it VERY rarely, so I think this chance of this spawning should be increased a lot as it's a very useful helicopter.

Offroad variants:

I don't quite know what is possible here, but we already have the mortar truck, so I was thinking it might be possible to add similar vehicles but with different weapons. For example, a titan AT/AA launcher or a 20mm cannon. 

7 answers to this question

Hey Jason, good suggestion you make there in my opinion! Know this feeling you have in the whipeout from flying the BF, little bit less OP but still when you ask ppl to call you in for support this almost never happens.

Like the idea of more variable rewards, not entirely sure but i think the GMG gun is not that great from my experience on the EU2 server. The 12.7 will do much better against EI. But instead i would like to see the strider among the rewards as its just a beast ofroad.

Also the idea off an offroad with AT or AA would be sick!

Count me in on your thinking ;)

I know the Hunter HMG is already very effective and popular to use against EI, but I just thought the GMG would add another option. I haven't had much experience with a GMG vehicle before, but from what you said then maybe it could just be a normal transport that could respawn with the other Hunters.

I considered mentioning the Strider but I didn't think that it would add anything that the Hunter can't already do. But if it really it that much better then I'm sure it would be a good vehicle to add to the possible rewards.

Also something else that should be changed with the current CSAT and AAF reward vehicles is their camo. There are plenty of mods that will reskin these vehicles to NATO standards, which would help differentiate them from the enemies.

Anyway it's good to hear some more suggestions, hopefully others can pitch in as well!  :)

Also something else that should be changed with the current CSAT and AAF reward vehicles is their camo. There are plenty of mods that will reskin these vehicles to NATO standards, which would help differentiate them from the enemies.

That means running a mod on a public server where they want to keep it unmodded not seeing that happening 

Also GMG will get abused by people with TKing because people will just random shoot that one and kill every one nearby 

For a skin mod like that, do other players need to manually download it themselves or can it just be loaded when they join the server? A few times I've seens players (admins I assume) using modded skins for their vehicles on the EU1 server, so clearly it's possible to have different skins without causing any problems for other players.

Why would the Hunter GMG be such a problem when we already have other vehicles with GMGs and tanks that can do much more damage?

The Wipeout and BF are already very rare rewards and generally their life expectancy is less than 2 minutes :)

As Jason's ideas,,, Adding ALL vehicles which are not as rewards? (Remove vehicles which are already default at spawn such as Slammer, Mora, Marshall...)

OR:
Remove ALL vehicles apart from ATV's, trucks, Bobcat (really need it for base repair) and the 5 default helicopters. And adding ALL other wanted vehicles as possible rewards?
Wanted vehicles such as Hunter HMG and not just a Hunter... Kamysh, Neophron, Strider, Tigris, Slammer, all versions of the Buzzard...
Yes, remove the damn default Buzzard, there's always a pilot crashing it, just to camp the spawn for another 15 minutes. It will be loved as a reward!

Too much concern about the Wipeout and the gunships. Nothing is as fast to solo a side mission as a Hunter HMG! And please, no one is troubled when a Slammer clears a whole AO from the top of a hill, and it re-spawns almost instantly at base ;) 

I agree that in most cases the rewards aren't abused because the guys in them have no idea what they're doing and die pretty soon, which I think partly explains why most people think these rewards aren't OP. But when people who know what they're doing use them, it's a very different story. For example when I was in the wipeout I was up for literally hours because as long as I don't make any stupid mistakes, there's nothing that can kill me B) . 

This problem doesn't exist so much which the other reward vehicles as they can more easily be taken out by enemy CAS.

I agree that the default vehicles should be removed as rewards, it's just a wasted reward. Unless we can get NATO skins, I don't think it's a good idea for us to get CSAT rewards.

I'm not too sure about your 2nd idea xenter. I think it would create too much focus on the rewards and people would get far more angry over who gets to use them. Personally I think the system we got at the moment is pretty good, it just needs a bit of tweaking.

Surely it's better to have the buzzard respawn if people are crashing it, if it's a reward it would be even worse :o ! 

I'm not too sure about your 2nd idea xenter. I think it would create too much focus on the rewards and people would get far more angry over who gets to use them. Personally I think the system we got at the moment is pretty good, it just needs a bit of tweaking.

Surely it's better to have the buzzard respawn if people are crashing it, if it's a reward it would be even worse :o ! 

Those vehicles are taken for granted, including the Buzzard. More responsibility for using them wont be a bad thing, even if people will get mad... Better than having first timers jumping into a slammer because AO is 10 meters from base, only to TK friendly vehicles RTB'ing because they are not used to seeing friendly Tigris's ;)

And honestly, I remember playing over a year ago when you only had infantry and 5 helis. Everything else was a big bonus.