Gauntlet Feedback

BACONMOP

Title says it all!

Please post any feedback or ideas about the new EU#2 gamemode below and we will try get back to as many as we can.

As play testers your feedback is crucial for this new mission, the more we get the better!

Just for ease of reading please start your reply with one of the following tags:

*IDEA*

*FEEDBACK*

*BUG REPORT*

ETC. 

IDEA

Make generally playing on Gauntlet harder for a single soldier. For example remove friendly unit map markers to give the individual less knowledge of what is going on. Restricting to first person only is also another way of making it harder for one man to play as well as giving AI more of a "punch" with their arsenal of weapons and vehicles as I said in Adshields post about the Challenger.

I'm almost certain that by increasing the difficulty for one man to survive on the battlefield, the more likely they are to rely on teamwork, cooperation and communication between each other (which I'm sure we all want more of on EU#3) in order to actually function and make a dent on the enemy side (which, if strengthened, would be much more rewarding than it is currently).

Apart from that I think its pretty damn fun when we actually get some players on it!

Edit: Shame I writ this at 1:30AM and couldnt tell the difference between "EU#2" and "EU#3" otherwise this point may be valid.

Edited by J0hnson

**FEEDBACK**

The mission was pretty good. It was more or less the same as in EU#1 with the exceptions of more enemy infantry, and the map markers were different.

Since it was my 1st time on EU#2 server, I didn't even notice the VAS, and ran to the AO with not very good equipment. As it turns out, shooting enemies 600m away with no scope does not end well for you. (Me as it happened.)

**IDEA**

I think EU#2 would be pretty cool if it was:

First Person Only. (Going to be tough to land helos...I usually fly in 1st, but land in 3rd.)

Infantry VS infantry battles only could be pretty fun. However, the NATO side does get transport helos. (None of them with the miniguns on the side)

The enemies still get AA infantry so pilots don't get cocky.

Don't know if it's possible to make the enemy squads spread out a bit more, so AT guys won't blow em up with 1 AP missile though.

Transport vehicles are OK, too.

And the HEMTT trucks.

That's all I can think of now. I'll probably edit this if I remember something else.

*FEEDBACK*

- Can the briefing be filled in when opening map? I somehow think it's easier than the text thingy on the north side of the map.

- Had the same mission for 3 times in a row, only the location changed.

- firing at base is possible, sad thing but we still need base protection

- base looks really empty for a base what is in enemy territory

- AI spawns really close to each other. 

*IDEA*

- spawn AI in vehicles and let them disembark. This looks so much better just spawn them here and there.

- Does AI move towards the crate in the crate mission? Or are they just spawned and patrol, maybe it would be nice to let one squad move to the crate?

*BUG REPORT*

Pilot slot for Logi Pilot is not working (he cant fly)

Mission retrieve experimental ammo crate spawns on the ocean floor 

*IDEA*

Have the supply depot work like the I&A so we can spawn containers for repair and refuel 

*FEEDBACK*

I have not played it too much but I find it to be rather good, but misses the small Stratis a bit. You have to cooperate more which is a real good thing.

*IDEAS*

- I agree with Laforte that the base looks empty. You start looking into the hangar, and if it is night it is pitch black.  Add some lights etc.

- Miss the action "clear vehicle" which is handy for an AT adding some titan rockets.

- Not played it too much but I think the enemies sometimes spawns rather close to you.

- Add the mission objective in the Briefing/Tasks menu in the map view. I missed the objective as I didn't zoom out enough.

*BUGS*

- Cannot see buttons in the VAS dialog. The buttons still works but it is a bit hard to remember what the buttons means.

I will keep playing it.

* One more "bug". CBA is not up to date with latest version. You have you have to download it manually.

Edited by swelod

- I agree with Laforte that the base looks empty. You start looking into the hangar, and if it is night it is pitch black.  Add some lights etc.

- Miss the action "clear vehicle" which is handy for an AT adding some titan rockets.

- Add the mission objective in the Briefing/Tasks menu in the map view. I missed the objective as I didn't zoom out enough.

* One more "bug". CBA is not up to date with latest version. You have you have to download it manually.

Will add some stuff to the base and the clear vehicles.

The missions to the Briefing/Tasks has some really weird JIP issues so I don't plan on doing that(may revisit at a later time)

As for CBA, you DO NOT need it only the server needs cba.

• 4 weeks later...

*FEEDBACK*

On EU3, the fire teams need to be divided. Yes, I am aware that they can be assigned by the squad leader, however this is awkward and people tend to forget or ignore the teams they're on.

Each squad also needs two team leaders, instead of just one. Otherwise the squad leader has to lead from the front, which will result in loss of unit cohesion when he inevitably catches a bullet.

And relying on the default radio frequencies is a mistake. It is becoming rare for the frequencies to be listed on the map now, which can be problematic. Also, having to switch the frequency manually was a good way to force people to know what squad they were in, and play accordingly, as well as bringing the right radio.

It's also a good way to show players new to EU3 an immediate change from normal ARMA operations, which makes the a little more receptive to operating according to the mods in effect.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Eggmuffin" data-cid="26300" data-time="1437398413"><p>*FEEDBACK*<br />
<br />
On EU3, the fire teams need to be divided. Yes, I am aware that they can be assigned by the squad leader, however this is awkward and people tend to forget or ignore the teams they're on.<br />
Each squad also needs two team leaders, instead of just one. Otherwise the squad leader has to lead from the front, which will result in loss of unit cohesion when he inevitably catches a bullet.<br />
<br />
And relying on the default radio frequencies is a mistake. It is becoming rare for the frequencies to be listed on the map now, which can be problematic. Also, having to switch the frequency manually was a good way to force people to know what squad they were in, and play accordingly, as well as bringing the right radio.<br />
It's also a good way to show players new to EU3 an immediate change from normal ARMA operations, which makes the a little more receptive to operating according to the mods in effect.</p></blockquote>
We used this on Chernarus and everyone complained?<br />
<br />

We used this on Chernarus and everyone complained?

Everyone? Or just the loud ones? And about which? The squads? The squads could be bigger, with six-man instead of four-man fire teams, maybe. But dividing them into two teams with separate team leaders is essential to the smooth running of both teams, regardless.

Or did you mean the radio-thing? Yes, I can imagine they did.

EDIT: Hang on, I'm in the wrong topic. This topic concerns EU2. Sorry!