Gamenight Sat. 23rd May

BACONMOP

Welcome!

We will be playing Operation ATS2

On ArmA3 EU#3 MODDED. 

Details about the mission will be below

The meet up time will be as follows:

Saturday - 15:30 GMT Mission start

Brief: You are tasked with getting a convoy of Humvee's from the south of Altis to the north of Altis. Expect strong resistance.

You will not be allowed to JIP once the mission briefing is over..

Click here to apply for a slot! Failing to do this my mean you are not guaranteed a slot.

I'm only doing this to make sure the gameplay is fun and enjoyable for everyone!

I also ask that you listen and follow commands orders. 

Any dicking around will be taking seriously and admin implications may apply for any attempt to ruin or misbehave.

If you don't have the patience to wait for missions to be planned and to play the game style of the game nights please do NOT turn up.

Gamenights are just not for you.

Hope to have a good turn out and see y'all on the battlefield!

For info on how to get the mods click here.

Hi,

my 1st gaming night with you guys, really looking forward to some enormous fun  :)

Some mods got updated recently that might be of importance for the upcoming gaming night;
ASDG Joint Rails v0.16: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23242
ACE3: 3.0.1: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?191716-ACE3-A-collaborative-merger-between-AGM-CSE-and-ACE&p=2938968&viewfull=1#post2938968

Bacon, concerning the issue with the serverkey of 'L_Es', I've got in contact with Leon (the dev of the mod). Still awaiting his answer of re-validation.

If you don't mind I'd like to add a mod suggestion at this place;
It immensely increases the immersion and might lead to better and more cautious gameplay. Of course client side only and everyone can decide for himself if that's something he wants to have or if it doesn't fit his cup of tea; There is the talk of ..

LAxemann's Suppress

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27849

Once you played with it, you struggle to play without it anymore and missing out the punch and fear of suppression from the enemies.

Would be awesome if you'd take it into consideration to add it to the current mod list :)

Cheers

LAxemann's Suppress

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27849

Once you played with it, you struggle to play without it anymore and missing out the punch and fear of suppression from the enemies.

Would be awesome if you'd take it into consideration to add it to the current mod list :)

Cheers

Due to the nature of the mod, its either everyone uses it or no one. These types of mods can give false sense of (in)security in contact. The only way I see this mod being used is in PvP only mission (which we rarely play, but we do).

Due to the nature of the mod, its either everyone uses it or no one. These types of mods can give false sense of (in)security in contact. The only way I see this mod being used is in PvP only mission (which we rarely play, but we do).

I completely disagree with your statement.

"Due to the nature of the mod, its either everyone uses it or no one."

I don't see any point of your argument why everybody would be forced to use it when a few of the playerbase decides for themselves to actively use it on the server because it increases their immersion. Given the fact that JSRS increases the immersion as well due it's more detailed sounds, yet nobody is forced to use the enhanced soundeffects of JSRS and still can enjoy the vanilla sounds if they prefer to do so. Similar scenario with Blastcore and it's particle effects such as smoke etc.

"These types of mods can give false sense of (in)security in contact."

Totally the opposite. It increases the situational awareness and gives a better sense of nearby flyby bullets.

"The only way I see this mod being used is in PvP only mission"

There I see the reason you stated earlier that in such circumstances of a PvP/TvT scenario everybody has to use it so it equals out the effect and its leading outcomes (given the fact that suppression fire is correctly executed as a strategy from a team or firegoup).

But for a PvE environment such as #EU3 I find it hard to believe that the AI or other players would suffer from those players who decide for themselves to use a mod which immensely increases their immersion and situational awareness to an extend that no other mod to date can offer.

Its a long shot but is there any possibility of (if I get the HAT slot) to able to carry a MAAW instead of the Javelin. Just due to the fact that it is tricky to use without the AGM compatibility it had. If not the MAAW (my preference) then a Titan? Im happy either way but I can do a lot more damage with that MAAW. I understand if its not an option.

Just want to share my experience.

Yesterday right after the gamenight I joined as a simple rifleman and ended up being a squad leader with eight men under my hood under the heavy fire from all directions. Perhaps wrong decisions were made trying to save the souls pushing alongside the riverbed to the nearest cover. One unsuccessful attempt of breaking through an enemy circle, retreating back to the river, a lot of fire and I mean that was The Heaviest Firefight in Arma 3 I have ever experienced. Later I passed out. With no medicals left my team were trying to save me, someone was carrying me to the safety. I heard a rotors. A minute later I bled out to death inside the helicopter.

So much drama. Later that evening I thought if I did all right and if everyone else has made it through. SO much responsibility. Won't do a leadership again.

Yesterday right after the gamenight I joined as a simple rifleman and ended up being a squad leader with eight men under my hood under the heavy fire from all directions. Perhaps wrong decisions were made trying to save the souls pushing alongside the riverbed to the nearest cover. One unsuccessful attempt of breaking through an enemy circle, retreating back to the river, a lot of fire and I mean that was The Heaviest Firefight in Arma 3 I have ever experienced. Later I passed out. With no medicals left my team were trying to save me, someone was carrying me to the safety. I heard a rotors. A minute later I bled out to death inside the helicopter.

So much drama. Later that evening I thought if I did all right and if everyone else has made it through. SO much responsibility. Won't do a leadership again.

Don't let things like this discourage your leadership 

that fire fight on gauntlet was on off the most intense one's i seen on gauntlet 

And every one had fun 

also i think that was my first mission wich i/we requested a withdraw/evac due to to much enemy 

It was fun to see you struggle. You were really caught up in the game :) If I remember the correct fight I was your autorifleman and I tried very hard to keep stay calm around you with the incoming fire from all directions. You did great for a first timer though. You kept everyone together as a team, which is very important in a situation like that. 

I've dabled into a few attempts at squadlead or teamlead myself and I often find myself to be over cautious. Which is often found to be more annoying than making a mistake and ending up in a shitstorm, at least people get to shoot then, and it might even be a challenge not to get overrun. 

If you're scared of squadlead or teamlead now, don't be. Just get an experienced medic or teamlead in your squad and they will assist you in your duties. Just tell people you're not experienced, they'll at least understand ;)

Dayum sounds like fun! :) don't let it get to you though! Start out small and build to the big. Getting hit with the ultimate shit situation can really off put you from leadership. But don't let it if it's something you like :)

Thank you guys for the feedback, it is very important to know! I believe I went too over emotional about this, but seriously... it was sooo awesome! My mind captured everything better than the Fraps does. Going over this moments again I have to say the team were so great its like we played for many years together and I recommend everyone should try that experience.  :)

Its my squirrel daydreaming (not dead)...

DSC_0061_zpswgdtpory.jpg