Simple script ples

You admin guys dont think you could be babes and add the script from, dare I say, Patrol Ops could you?

Its the script that stops people using weapons, vehicles and gear that should not be assigned to their role (E.G a Auto-rifleman using a MAAW or Javelin) . At least I think its a script. I dont know, I do not posses the smarts.

I dont think I have to explain how much this would help. I know it would give you guys a much easier job not having to shout at people to put the Javelin back in the box.

Additionally I think this will really help team play as people will rely on each other due to their role's gear. There will be non of that one man army bollocks with some twat with a suppressed LMG and a fucking Stinger or whatever.

If this isnt possible then thanks anyway im still happy. Ill just have to get my shouting voice ready.

Thank you!

Tehnically, this already exist. When you connect, your gear gets change due to a script running in onPlayerRespawn.sqf.

But we don`t need a script for that, common sense is enough. Rules are simple and understandable, play your role.

I totally agree with pero... Why aren't people able to think this for them. Selves? A script like this would also go against the idea of gauntlet as it would require a loop for it to detect a launcher remove it and then repeat. People need to step up to the mark and follow the rules. Were all big boys... Though that also means admins actually need to enforce them...

restriction scripts are performance killers. Plus what happens if the squads at guy goes down and there is a tank on top of your squad. Then you go to pick up the launcher and it goes poof and now the tank kills you.

I'll make a post that says what weapons each class should be able to use without getting in trouble for not playing your role.

restriction scripts are performance killers. Plus what happens if the squads at guy goes down and there is a tank on top of your squad. Then you go to pick up the launcher and it goes poof and now the tank kills you.

I'll make a post that says what weapons each class should be able to use without getting in trouble for not playing your role.

Sounds good to me. Its just people know what they shouldnt be using and its not like its new to them and yet myself and other still see that bullshit. But that sounds good.

How about personalised arsenals? Where only certain classes can get certain gear from the arsenal. That would still allow people to pick up a launcher if a circumstance requires it right?

Restricting arsenal to specific classes would be a pain in the ass to script and it runs into the same problem that we had the last time we tried to restrict arsenal woth RHS involved

What problem is that?