DCS Flight Night 28th March

razgriz33

Aviojet C-101EB for me

Patrulla Aguila25 25 Aniversario Livery set as Spain to get the livery ;)

and remind me to load up on smoke before startup too ;)

Dude - you couldn't see that Hawks last time,

they're part of the game now after the last update so should show up for you now test for yourself in editor 

drop an A10 or whatever you have to fly and put a Hawk down in the parking area next to you, if it show up then its working 

if not you might need to do a DCS Repair to get it to install correctly - alternatively buy the module :)

good idea, dingo. i just did the tour in editor and added all planes. they are all there. no idea why the hawk didnt show last time. thx

also, i read that in order to someone elses livery i have to install it on my machine. if every participant posts a link of his paint scheme in his reply i will add them.

The Hawk was technically a glorified mod up until last week, when it became an official module with ED aproved installer, you needed a separate installer to have it before then

as for liveries I think you are the only one with a custom texture, unless Cain want one for the Sabre,(the only default one is a bit muck)

Everyone eleses liveries are stock and already in game so everyone can see them no need to add them in post, unless anyone else has or wants a custom one

Raz / Chris / Whoever is hosting can you add following .lua's to your DCS Saved Game files it should allow Tacview to capture everyone's flight telemetry while in MP

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8e31f5avrrrhg1/Tacview%20MP%20server%20setup.zip?dl=0

instructions in the readme or just install Tacview it's free :P

Also if adding Liveries (as the example DudeX has is set up a very old way i.e. for Flaming Cliffs) I'd suggest you install them to your DCS Saved Games folder "WHATEVERDRIVELETTER":\Users\"USERNAME"\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries

as updates tend to remove added files if you put them inside the game install folders :)

if above folder doesn't exist just create it, DCS looks for it first, and add your livery to the appropriate aircraft folder example I've added an A-10C folder for DudeX's A-10 so I'll see his if Raz adds it :) just make sure it matches the aicraft folder name in the MODS or CORE MODS folder for the install directory

"SomeDriveLETTER":\Users\"SOMEONE"\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\A-10C\ and dropped the download Livery folder into it similar to below 

File%20structure_zpss7wuu3we.png

thx again for the input, dingo. just tried that, works like a charm :-)

isn't there something like a skin-repository, a zip file maybe, with an assortment of skins i could download and install? or is there no point, really?

i find it odd that dcs has so few commonly found multiplayer features (or i just haven't found them yet, i'm new to all this after all), ie killboard, shared paints, server filter....

@raz: is it possibly to have a su-27 reserved at batumi so i can swap after the initial tour? maybe in BESOVETS AFB default colors? maybe someone fancies a little dogfighting?

Hopefully once EDGE releases we'll get some features like player skins getting read across the server & a proper filter 

but the way it is now and how .lua works and changes each update which breaks or changes something else,

it's kinda tricky to do anything without a relatively good knowledge of the program and all it's quirks

from what i see on the forums most people have given up those kinds of mods until EDGE and then we'll see what happens from there 

there is a score / kill board if you press Tab or ' can't remember which :)

a skin repo would be cool but would get quite large quite quickly as all texture files are uncompressed .dds layered images even if zipped the don't compress too much less then unzipped

for example I have 7 livery files for the Sabre and they total nearly 1.2gb by themselves, if I was to do that for all the modules I'd need a hdd for skins alone 

was another cool fly-in, thx for hosting it!

took a few screenies at the end. i like the aerobatics, i have to say. cool stuff :-)

what do you think of this doc: http://static.e-publishing.af.mil/production/1/af_a3_5/publication/afi11-246v1/afi11-246v1.pdf

also, would anyone be keen to try a little combat mission for a laugh?

i'm currently getting more into dcs thanks also to these flight nights here! i prefer the a10c and the su-27 atm, so if there's anyone out there who'd like to do some coop or pvp stuff let me know :-)

cheers,

dude

post-3822-0-50714800-1427577438_thumb.jp

post-3822-0-60116600-1427577448_thumb.jp

They look awesome DudeX thanks for sharing. Also thanks to Raz and Chris for organising and hosting again. The only problem I have is I'm concentrating so hard on the formation that I'm knackered when I finish!! 

DudeX I'd be up for some co-op combat missions in the A-10C. Not flown it in anger for a while but a couple of hours re-fam will sort me out. What do other people reckon? Possibly set up a range where we can practice both weapon delivery singularly and also co-ordinate our attacks like we would on a real combat mission. eg steerpoint sharing, buddy lasing, possibly someone as an AFAC?

They look awesome DudeX thanks for sharing. Also thanks to Raz and Chris for organising and hosting again. The only problem I have is I'm concentrating so hard on the formation that I'm knackered when I finish!! 

DudeX I'd be up for some co-op combat missions in the A-10C. Not flown it in anger for a while but a couple of hours re-fam will sort me out. What do other people reckon? Possibly set up a range where we can practice both weapon delivery singularly and also co-ordinate our attacks like we would on a real combat mission. eg steerpoint sharing, buddy lasing, possibly someone as an AFAC?

Oh yeah after a sortie im rather drained too! :P somehow it takes a lot of energy to do. I would love to have more aircraft so we can perform the gypo split, we have enough hawks. just need to put some time in ;-)

Yeah i'd like to hack out a bit of JTAC work for the A10's amongst us :)