Server hosting help

Pandavia

Hey,

My Battlefield 4 platoon now have an Arma server and we want to run Invade & Annex on it.

I am able to get I&A working, but all the TS addresses and logos/billboards are wrong (because I haven't changed the mission).

Any time I try to change the TS addresses and images the server stops working (In it's current state I can connect but when I choose a role and then connect it takes me back to the role choosing screen).

Can someone who knows what they're doing help me/create an altered mission for me? (Arma NOOB <3 xD)

Thanks

Panda

The first time I tried I just used notepad to edit it (but that didn't work because it doesn't support encoding)

So then I swapped to using Notepad++, and I can change the TS addresses correctly from there, it's just that I can't actually get in game, the role selection screen works but nothing else does.

Just thought I'd check. The problem is: You're doing it wrong!

You need to download a PBO extractor like pboview, extract it so it reads <mission name>.Altis, go into ArmA 3 and edit the mission in there and remove/edit the marker then save it.

Then repbo it using the same program you used to extract it and it should run. Editing through NP++ will break it in some places unfortunately.

Firstly congratulations, you have made more of an effort than half of those before you.

Secondly while not impossible to do via notepad it is very easy to get something wrong unless you have experience with this tedious system we know and love.

I would concurr with Dave, it's better for what you want to do for now and in the long run. Should you need any further help following this up try Google failing that we're a friendly bunch. Bang an email to raz at AhoyWorld dot CO dot UK

Just thought I'd check. The problem is: You're doing it wrong!

You need to download a PBO extractor like pboview, extract it so it reads <mission name>.Altis, go into ArmA 3 and edit the mission in there and remove/edit the marker then save it.

Then repbo it using the same program you used to extract it and it should run. Editing through NP++ will break it in some places unfortunately.

Sorry, my fault for not clarifying, I did unpack the PBO using a software and then edited the individual files with NP++. 

So would you recommend I do it all in the in game editor?

Okay, some assuming lets say the TS is what you'd like to change: 

1. DE-PBO the file: Open the pbo with pbomanager. Right click and select "Extract to Invade&Annex.Altis"
  2. Open the "Invade&Annex.altis" folder. You'll now see a few folders and a few files.
  3. Right click on "description.ext" and open with notepad or Notepad++ (Download Notepad++ if you haven't very handy!)
  4. Now look at line 5 and change to your own teamspeak. Everything in this file is well explained but only touch things you understand.
  5. Click save and close.
  6. Right click "mission.sqm" open with notepad or notepad++
  7. Ctrl + F and search for "ts.ahoy" and change all the teamspeaks to that of your own.
  8. Click Save and close.
  9. Open the scripts folder -> misc folder -> Right click on diary and open with notepad or ++ again
  10. Scroll down to teamspeak and change to your teamspeak, click save and close.
  11. Now you need to PBO the file again.
  12. Open PBO manager.
  13. Click the Green down arrow button and locate the Invade&annex.altis folder that you just been editing.
  14. Right click on the folder -> Scroll to PBO Manager -> select "Pack into "Invade&Annex.Pbo""
  15. Now assuming you made no errors while editing the mission should be good to go!

Hope this helps!

This is my post on another thread from like last week.

If you did unpack the pbo then it sounds like you either are not running a mod on your server that you created a dependency for. If you are adding a mod to the mission you will need to run said mods on your server. It is possible that you are not trying to add a mod but a mod you use automatically creates a dependency and you would need to clean the mission.sqm file for it. I know JSRS used to do this but i don't know of any other mods that do so.

If you did unpack the pbo then it sounds like you either are not running a mod on your server that you created a dependency for. If you are adding a mod to the mission you will need to run said mods on your server. It is possible that you are not trying to add a mod but a mod you use automatically creates a dependency and you would need to clean the mission.sqm file for it. I know JSRS used to do this but i don't know of any other mods that do so.

Invade & Annex is the only mod I've got installed and I've definitely played the version I'm trying to run on the server

You cannot edit mission.sqf in an external editor. You need to open the mission in the Mission editor in ARMA and change it there.

The file is automatically generated and it needs to be in a very specific way, so any tampering outside of the ARMA editor will probably break it. If you have jsrs (and probably some other mods) installed an try to edit it in ARMA editor you will get some dummy objects automatically added to the mission file that will break it.

You cannot edit mission.sqf in an external editor. You need to open the mission in the Mission editor in ARMA and change it there.

The file is automatically generated and it needs to be in a very specific way, so any tampering outside of the ARMA editor will probably break it. If you have jsrs (and probably some other mods) installed an try to edit it in ARMA editor you will get some dummy objects automatically added to the mission file that will break it.

Ok thanks.

One question, I can't seem to edit the configs in the editor using the Splendid Config viewer thing. Am I being dumb or do I need to do it another way? THe only thing I have left to do is change the TS address on the Pilot class names I think.

You can edit mission.sqf, it is just really easy to break the whole thing. also if you fuck up the mission.sqm you cannot even load it in editor.

Invade & Annex is the only mod I've got installed and I've definitely played the version I'm trying to run on the server

Invade & Annex is not a mod, it is a mission. Also do you launch arma from the launcher with no mods at all?

One question, I can't seem to edit the configs in the editor using the Splendid Config viewer thing. Am I being dumb or do I need to do it another way? THe only thing I have left to do is change the TS address on the Pilot class names I think.

The splendid config viewer is for getting class names of everything loaded into arma from units to fire effects and sounds. You can't change that stuff without making your own mod. To change the ts address on the pilot all you have to do is double click on the pilot unit in the editor. the description line.

Sorry to bump this again, I thought i'd finished but when I'm in game one of the notifications that pops up in the upper right of the screen shows the wrong TS. I can't find it in the editor, can you tell me where to find it?

Sorry again xD I'm a total Arma editor noob xD