EU3 Mods

Slag

Hi,

Thanks for providing us with your servers. Have the mods which are permitted, signed or allowed etc. on the EU3 server changed recently?. An official and up to date list would make joining so much easier. Thanks!.

Once again thanks for all the efforts in maintaining your community.

If you use the Arma3Sync repo you will be able to see what mods are allowed/included and can easily update them as soon as they change. There is no real need for a new thread every time something on EU 3 changes.

If you're not already using it I highly recommend that you give it a try.

If you use the Arma3Sync repo you will be able to see what mods are allowed/included and can easily update them as soon as they change. There is no real need for a new thread every time something on EU 3 changes.

If you're not alredy using it I highly recommend that you give it a try.

AW should have made more effort to let people know that the set of mods used on EU3 had changed recently.

Slag instead saying "AW should have made more effort to ... " try to suggest an alternative to what you already suggested. 

There is no point of reposting same information if something has been changed within the mod pack -_-'

There is a "PINNED" post which provides a detailed step by step guild how to get the mod repository on the ArmaA3Sync, it does everything what is need for a user to play on EU 3 Modded server.

Plus EU 3 server has it own forum and all information is posted there >..>

AW should have made more effort to let people know that the set of mods used on EU3 had changed recently.

As previously stated, our Arma3Sync Repo is always kept up to date with the latest mods used on EU 3. Most people realise that is the best and easiest solution when it comes to being informed of any changes. If you are not willing to make life easier for yourself then unfortunately that is your own issue. 

The repo also has a tick box, which updates YOU when the repo has been update. Besides the game telling you, the website telling you. 

In arma3sync tick the "notify" box for the modded repository. That way everytime you open arma3sync it'll notify you if anything has been changed. 

Yesterday when I tried to connect I couldn't inspite of using a variety of methods (different launchers) including seeking people on TS3 and sending text messages to them. A post on the forums which would have been visible in the recent topics column would have saved this wasted effort and frustration.

Firstly let me reciprocate your thanks.

I will offer you a suggestion to follow ducky's and josh's advice and you won't be left in the dark again.

I even drew you a picture, now try calling us lazy:

notify_zpsohin8pik.jpg

So far you're the only person asking us to create a new thread, you're the only person accusing my team of not doing enough for you, and you are the only person having an issue keeping up to date.

One more thing to add for future reference:

When you browse to: repo.ahoyworld.co.uk, you can click on 'Content list for xxxxxx

This page contains a script that will check the files on the FTP server, and show a list on the website. This way you can always see what mods are currently on the server.

(unfortunately you cannot see the version though, only the folder names of the mods)

One more thing to add for future reference:

When you browse to: repo.ahoyworld.co.uk, you can click on 'Content list for xxxxxx

This page contains a script that will check the files on the FTP server, and show a list on the website. This way you can always see what mods are currently on the server.

(unfortunately you cannot see the version though, only the folder names of the mods)

Hiya, thanks for your reply and for providing that link which will definitely be helpful in the future. I've just checked that page and it seems the Official mod set is no longer used on EU3. Would this be correct?.

There are 2 repo's: (or sets if you will)

1 - Official Addons: These are supported on ALL our servers including EU3

These are however add-ons and not mods, so you can play with or without them, it is not a requirement to have them installed or enabled.

-- They basically run a script on your local client, and do not communicate over the network with the other players

2 - Eu3 Mods: These are mods, only activated on eu3, and will require each connecting client to have exactly the same mods installed AND enabled. In case you mis any of these you will not be able to join the server.

-- These communicate over the network with the other clients and\or add new content to the game like weapons, vehicles or maps. thus require each and every client to have access to the same content.

Here is also an official statement on the other questions in this thread, herewith closing the discussion: 

Mod update notification:

- Use the play-with-six collection and you can see exactly what version is in the collection

- Use Arma3Sync with the notification option, and it will notify you of any changes automatically

- We always try to also update the threads on the forums when a update has taken place HERE and HERE

We will not: Send PM's, emails, open a new thread every time for each repo update, this is just too much work for the admins. Be happy we are as transparent as we are in this matter. Maintaining the repo's is already enough work as it is (and also cost money for hosting this big fat bandwidth hungry beast)

What i might do: When i feel like doing so (and can find the time for it) i might make a http based download link on the website allowing you to download any mod-update from there in the rare case the FTP-server is not reachable. I will also look into displaying a changedate (but only if i find a way to make this happen automatically via script)