New headset

Josh

For a headset i personally use a "Steel Series Elite Prism" which is amazing quality in both sound and structure. I have the AT2020 USB mic which i think is just a really good mic. It gives out really good quality on you voice and only tries to record stuff in front of it so you shouldn't be able to hear little or even any of you keyboard in the background. 

Good luck finding something you prefer :D

I use the Creative Fatality (or Fatal1ty if you write is as they do), which has a detachable flexible mic, and padded top headframe. Its a bit stiff and tight fit when new, but the earpads are big and padded too, which cancels out ambient noice well. Dont know how it compares to the above ones, but for i think 30,- to 40,- euro's it is a relatively cheap yet dependable headset.

here is a link to creatives webpage about it:

http://us.creative.com/p/gaming-headsets/creative-fatal1ty-gaming-headset

Fatal1ty headset is the one I use too. For years actually. Not too sure about mic quality over VoIP, but I can be understood. Sound quality is great for me too. Muffles the ambient sound plenty. It's comfortable, though some people report the padding getting loose quickly. Never had that problem myself, through all the abuse I put it it's still holding up great!

Would I recommend it? Not really, there are much better ones out there, but it does the job for me and I'm not planning on switching anytime soon.

Edit: I'm actually now putting it through a cheap USB sound card which I bought so I could connect my 5.1 surround sound to my laptop. Not sure how this affects mic quality. Haven't noticed any difference from when I put it in my laptop's 3.5mm jack or when I put it through my G510 keyboard. If you're not too much of an audiophile it might actually be a decent choice, not sure if prices dropped over the years but back in those days it was already really good.

Offtopic: For the mic, I bought an audiotechnica lavelier condensor mic a while ago. I'm going to see if it has better audio quality than the headset. Just need to test it sometime and have someone give me some feedback on it. Only draw back from that is the super long cable.

I use the Creative Fatality (or Fatal1ty if you write is as they do), which has a detachable flexible mic, and padded top headframe. Its a bit stiff and tight fit when new, but the earpads are big and padded too, which cancels out ambient noice well. Dont know how it compares to the above ones, but for i think 30,- to 40,- euro's it is a relatively cheap yet dependable headset.

here is a link to creatives webpage about it:

http://us.creative.com/p/gaming-headsets/creative-fatal1ty-gaming-headset

I've being using them for like 3-4 years now. Thinking about trying something new :D

Actually now i remember what i was supposed to be buying before i got side tracked by grafix cards upgrade

Sennheiser PC350SE are supposed to be the mutts nuts, so those for wired preference 

or 

Logitech G930 and a pocket mobile battery charger to power the Track Ir for the full wireless xperience